Chapter 38 - Edited

Thank you @SamanthaAndersen7, @HoneyThompson090, @tschip-tschip, @nightingale32 for reading, voting and liking my book so much. 🙏🦋

Thank you to all those who voted and like my story and those who keep on reading the next next chapters 😊

Last but not least, thank you to all those who added my story to their book lists, followed me and continue to show support. 🙏✨🦋

🌷😊🌷

****************************

The ship sailed easily into the large port that opened up to Raoul's homeland.

Malasyssora, the land of the Ancients. He said quietly in her ear.

Ava and Artemia looked over the port at the hustle and bustle of so many creatures. Were's of many species were everywhere you looked. There were even other werewolves who had chosen to separate from their wolf, but their wolf wasn't as large as Artemia.

Raoul led Ava over to one of the large transports that had come to meet them. It was a large wagon-like cart that could hold fifty people. There was a small driver sitting on a higher seat then the rest of them. He wore a green satin suit that changed colours in the sunlight. His hat was a large cone shape that was bent over at the top point. His smile was wide and glinted like pearls as he waited for the group of werewolves to enter.

"He's a wizard of the goblin variety. He channels his magic through the steering wheel until it starts the motor." Raoul whispered into Ava's ear.

"Goblin?" Ava scrunched up her nose at the idea of a goblin driving them anywhere. Weren't they horrible creatures who tricked you into doing things you didn't want to do?

"They're not tricksters but they can see right through to your soul."  Raoul wiggled his eyebrows at his mate affectionately.

Ava blushed and took her seat on the window side of the transport.

"Artemia is on the other transport. She rides on top." Raoul pointed to the roof of their transport.

Ava sat back and sighed, looking out the window for a bit of a distraction from her mate who was excited to have her here in his homeland. She could feel him vibrating next to her.

Malasyssora was a strange place. As they travelled through the marketplace everything you could ever dream about was there to be sold. Fish, poultry, fresh bread, spices, cloth and silks had stalls all over. The stalls were stacked on top of each other in long rows, instead of being spread out over the land. It made it so that more shops could be built and that no one missed out in selling their wares. But to reach the stalls above the first level, you would have to use magic. Ava could see people floating up to the next level above carrying their purchases.

What also astonished Ava was the clothes the people were wearing. The marketplace had people in various colours, layers with women in long flowy dresses, while men wore suits of various colours and functionalities. But the colour they wore was shared throughout the market place.

The carriage drove up the winding stone road all the way up to the palace. The gates opened to a castle ground of flowers, opal and marble stone stairs and columns. The roof was high and pointed and the castle had many pointed roof peaks that showed the vastness of the castle itself. Ava could see each peak was graduated as it got higher and higher and wondered what the castle could possibly hold.

Ava, Raoul and Artemia dismounted the carriage with his family and the rest of the pack, witches and fae leading the way up the marble stone staircase to the top entrance of the castle.