Chapter 23 - Edited

Ava couldn't sleep. She had been tossing and turning all night. She could feel the night time start to change, get colder. She blinked, trying to clear her vision. Her eyes were blurring. She could smell snow and saw flashes of blood on the ground, but she felt the bed covers underneath her hands.

Ava groaned; a dizziness started to overcome her. She got out of bed quickly stumbling to her bedroom door dressed in her cotton blend pyjamas. Flinging the door open she leaned on the walls and semi-crawled all the way down the stairs heading to the front door.

What's happening? Ava asked Artemis.

Don't know. Feel weird.

What do we do? Ava asked as she continued through the lounge room.

Ava flung open the front door. Her eyes were beginning to clear, albeit, slowly. She didn't see the other werewolves watching her in interest as she seemed to be having a break down.

Her skin was clammy and her eyes were flashing through all the colours of nature and beyond. Her body started to contort. Her clothes ripping as her bones morphed and changed.

They morphed between Ava and Artemis, their skin and fur glowing gold.

The packs formed a crowd around them as they continued to changed. Ava screamed and Artemis howled. Their bones cracking, body pulsing before they both separated.

When the pulsing finally stopped, both Ava and Artemis had separated and glowed with a golden aura around them with Ava dressed in a white gown. Artemis had grown significantly larger; at least a head taller than Ava. They layed on the cold, hard ground breathing heavily. No one came to assist them.

The crowd was quiet as they watched the transformation. The packs looked wary before Ava stood looking down at her changed self.

It appears that someone will not let us hide who we are now. Artemis chimed.

"It appears the last transformation has been completed." A voice rang out. The crowd turned to see the Goddess standing just behind them and a little elevated by a thrown. The Goddess stood.

"Why has my children ignored and ostracised someone who I have specifically blessed to help you win the war that's coming. What say you, Alphas?!" The Goddess said, addressing them all. 

The Alphas heads hung in shame at the accusation.

"Now there's a war on the horizon and all of you have to start seeing the bigger picture. Yes Artemia, they are all acting like weak dogs. It is time they all start doing better and see what Ava and Artemia are really here to do."

The Goddess let one stern look fall over the crowd of werewolves before she quickly disappeared.

Artemia looked at the crowd her eyes cold as she began to turn away.

I will go and do a turn of the area. Call if you need anything. Artemia growled.

Ava turned back to the crowd of people before she shifted into a large white owl and lifted off into the sky.

As Ava flew into the sky, her human side started to weep.

It will get better, child. The world for you will get better.

You separated us. Why?!

It needed to be done. The picture is bigger than even I could see. The pieces that went unseen, are now showing themselves. It won't be good. But war is never peaceful.

As Ava flew above the packs house and grounds she saw the wolves below. She saw the crowd dissipate, werewolves on patrol and a few sparing on the workout grounds. It seemed that her pack was no longer her pack. They seemed to go on as usual when inside, her world was turned upside-down forevermore.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 for NeoNixButterfly21/Christine