Chapter 2 - Edited

Ava collapsed to the floor unconscious in front of Hamish who had started to slowly sit up against the wall he was flung against.

Hamish looked down at Ava and saw that her skin had a slight silver glow to it with small wisps of wind blowing around her like a shield.

He looked up at the Alphas in the room and the rest of the Silver Light Pack had cleared the dinning hall quickly. Ava's father came forward towards his daughter and kneeled beside her. His hands hovered above his daughters body as he was unsure on how to proceed. He never new his daughter had that kind of power. There was nothing in his blood line or his wife's that even showed that their family had magic or could control the elements.

Don looked up at the other Alphas unsure with how to proceed. One of the other Alphas came forward and slapped him hard on the back.

"Don, we have to take her to the clinic." He nodded in agreement and picked up his daughter carefully.

The Alphas followed Don out of the room and they formed an intimidating group as they walked quickly toward the pack hospital.

Once there, Erys hurried over with a worried look on her face. The doctors and nurses jogged over with a gurney and Don placed his daughter carefully on it. The movement made Ava's body rear up straight making everyone step back quickly.

Ava's body started to burn wildly. Silver flames bursted from her abdomen and flicked outward covering her whole body.

A long, high-pitched scream came up and out of her mouth as her wolf and she began to merge with the silver fire.

A blast of silver flames erupted from her sending everyone in the room backward again; some losing their balance and falling to the floor.

A silver orb appeared to separate from the flames at her abdomen and a low hum began to fill the room.

Music like a choir singing rang softly around the room, calming down all the werewolves with it's song.

Hamish finally came into the clinic to see his mate hovering nearly a metre above a gurney. He wanted to hurry forward and pin her down to the bed and let the doctors and nurses do their work but something held him back. It made him uncomfortably wait.

Hamish watched in awe, as did the rest of the wolves, as the orb began to pulsate with power before it spoke.

"I am Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt and sister of the moon goddess Selene..." the feminine voice echoed across the room.

"Leave the child alone! There is no ill happening to her. She has finally reached the date of her 16th year and the anniversary of her accident when your men pulled her out of the icy waters..."

The werewolves listened closely, Ava's parents eyes narrowed in apprehension.

"Ava and Artemia have been given the gifts of nature and some of the oldest magic of Mother Earth to help you in the mists of an upcoming danger. This is a war of light and dark. The weres that are coming towards you all are looking to wipe out your packs so that they control this states were population. Ava and Artemia are your best hope in defeating them. Their powers are dark and twisted and come from a source none of you have the capacity to imagine, as it is so profoundly evil, you would wonder why any wolf who being so closely connected to the earth mother would do anything so heinous. Your capacity to comprehend this is not the issue at hand, what we Gods implore you to do is to make sure nothing happens to our daughter." The voice waited, but silence remained. "They are your greatest hope and they are your greatest protection."