Chapter 19 - Edited

Screams drowned out the noise of traffic from the road as Alpha Colton led his army through the urban streets of Washington. Blood drenched his hands and coated his face and hair, and still he wanted more. Nothing was enough to feed the beast within him, it just wanted more.

No one who knew him would be able to recognise him now. He didn't feel like himself, all that he wanted was blood and revenge. He was getting it, but it wasn't satisfying his need. He needed more.

He stepped over the bodies in the old three-bedroom house and walked through the front gardens to the white gate he kicked off kilter when he entered. He strode to the house across the street and jiggled the handle.

He didn't hear a sound, but he did hear the sound of a gun being raised. He sneered and kicked the door down.

The gun fired round after round and he looked up above and could see there was at least five different guns aimed at him. He moaned at the pain of being shot five times into his bare chest and closed his eyes for a moment to assess the damage.

He heard another gun being aimed at him, this time it was a hairs breath away from his face. He counted slowly in his mind before he opened his eyes. They glowed red then change to black. Shrill laughter rang through the room as more guns were aimed at him ready to open fire on the crazed murderer.

The gun at Colton's face went off quickly before realisation washed over him.

The bullet was made of silver.

He was dead...for good. But the darkness was still alive and well. No one saw the darkness dissolve into the floor before it slowly slithered out through the front door.

A small woman stepped forward to assess the body in front of them. She knelt down beside it and touch it softly on the forehead with a rosewood stick. The stick glowed softly a pale white before it disappeared. She stood slowly before turning to the other witches, werecats, werefoxes  in the room.

"The wolf is dead, but the darkness still lives. This isn't over yet. Now we prepare for war."

*****

Hi Wattpad Readers,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for another chapter. I have been a little busy with life and this virus stuff is just not giving me the motivation to do anything. But...we keep going the best we can.

Thank you also for reading this chapter through and liking it. I have decided that this story needs to get to the climax ASAP and possibly end so that I can move on to bigger and better things.

Thanks again,

Your support means the world!

Christine :)

xoxo

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 for NeoNixButterfly21/Christine