Chapter 9

Amelia

Mom turns away from the stove and goes to answer the door. I hear muffled talking and then I hear her walking towards the living room. I'm too scared to move and clearly I need to be slapped. Mom slowly walks back into the kitchen. "The Prince is here and he's waiting for you in the living room." She said with a huge sweet smile on her face. Yeah this is going to be a long night.

I nod and start to walk toward the living room. Xavier is standing with red roses in his hands. He's wearing a gray suit and his hair is gelled back nicely. I almost fall by the sight of him, clearly I needed to be ran over by a truck. The air when I'm around him is always intoxicating.

I walk toward him and stop and bow. "If you bow one more time around me, I'd feel offended that you see me as a royal and not your mate." He says in his deep voice. "I'm sorry, I'm just not use to this." I said and out my head down. He walks closer to me and kiss my head. I'm really not going to be able to make it through the night without dying.

He takes a long look at me and he smiles. Like a stupid lovey smile. I return a smile back, I don't want to be rude, he's already asked me on this date. "Amelia you're so beautiful." He says in a whispered tone. His beautiful honey eyes sparkle as he looks at me. I'm try to hide the blush that's coming. "Thank you Xavier."

He starts to laugh, this is the first time he's laughed around me. I love it so much, he sounds so wholesome. It makes me smile "What is funny?" He stops laughing so he can answer my question.

"I understand what made you laugh when I saw you earlier." My smile become bigger. "I wanted to make sure you still got to see the blue you requested." He smiled even more. "Do you not like the color blue? It looks beautiful on you." He stated proudly.

"No I think the color blue is a nice color, it's just black is my favorite." I said. He nodded his head.

He pulls back and hands me the roses, I take the roses. My Mom comes into the living room and I finally have a look at what she's wearing. I've been in my head to much that I didn't notice her effort to empress a Royal. She was wearing a red, modest but beautiful dress. Her blond hair was in pretty curls that hung down her back.

She bowed in front of Prince Xavier. "Please Mrs. Davis don't bow for me. You are my future mother in law, it's no need." Xavier said. Mom nodded and turned to me. "I hope you two have a great time tonight, here I'll take these and make sure she doesn't kill them." Mom made the joke while taking the flowers from my hands and laughing.

Neither Xavier or I laughed at Mom's joke. Mom cleared her throat because of the awkwardness in the air. "Thank You Mrs. Davis for inviting me into your home, have a great night." Xavier said and he reached for my hand. I put my hand in his and I hate to admit it but I loved it more than I'd like to admit.

We start to walk hand in hand towards the door, I have to survive the rest of this dinner so I need to be confident. I am a damn warrior, I am a woman warrior. I can manage to keep my composure. I am so into my head with thinking that I realize that we are already in the car.

"You think a lot." his voice interrupted the silence. I was taken aback by his statement. "Because I'm a woman?" I say in a offended tone. I looked ahead trying not to keep eye contact, I could tell he caught my tone. The car was starting to slow down and we were nowhere near wherever we were going, we were in the middle of the woods.

The car came to a complete stop, I looked over to Xavier. He was still staring ahead towards the road. He finally looked towards me and brought his face closer to mine. It was so quiet you could hear my rigid breathing in the car. I could smell him and I wanted so badly to pass out in his scent. I examined his face and it remained emotionless. It was either emotionless or I could not tell what he was feeling. I'm sure I had the same expression.

"Never have I ever disrespected a woman because of the mere fact that she is woman." He said while searching my face for a reaction. My face isn't readable I know that because I was taught as a warrior always hide your emotions from enemies because that's a disadvantage. I know Xavier isn't my enemy but I've gotten so use to not showing emotion to people I don't know. Wether Kat likes it or not we don't know Xavier yet.

I nodded my head, I know I've probably offended him with my comment. "Sorry for offending you, in my pack there is a lot of misogynistic men." I said.

"And what is your take on these misogynistic men in your pack." He asks in a curious tone. "Well I don't hate them, I feel bad for them because they can't acknowledge that they're idiots." I said confidently while smiling. Xavier laughs again for second time tonight. I examined his face more and he had a dimple when he smiles, he so handsome no wonder she-wolves fall to their feet. According to May he's loved all around the kingdom.

"Amelia" His voice interrupted my thinking.

"Yes" I responded with some confidence. He was look ahead towards the road again, he looked indifferent.

"What is your definition of Dominance?" He asked.

"Complete control over something or someone. I might be wrong but that's my definition." I say still looking at him while he's faced away from me. "Why?" I asked in a weary tone.

"I crave to dominate my kingdom, I also crave to dominate my mate." He said while turning his head to look at me.

___________________________________

This is a short chapter, I like it though.