Chapter 10

Amelia

My mind went blank and I could feel Kat wanting to come out, which is only natural. He wants to dominate me, that is also natural. He is the future Alpha King, I don't know how that makes me feel. I close my eyes and take a deep and long inhale. It was full of his scent, the whole car was.

Kat finally calms down in my head, the pacing isn't helping. I open my eyes and look at Xavier, he's been watching me this whole time. "Does your definition of Dominance change?" His deep voice asks me. I had to think, the change of my definition meant he had some sort of affect on me.

It would be crazy if he didn't have a affect on me, I'm his soulmate. I still haven't accepted that Royal part of this situation, it's not an easy subject to grasp. My definition of dominance meant that he wanted complete control over me. Which is crazy because I'd never give that much control of myself over to anyone. That would mean that I have a negative connotation to the word Dominance. "No, I'm biased to the word. I give it a negative connotation to it." I say in confidence.

"I can't blame you if you do, it's always been explained as bad." He said with a unreadable expression. I nod my head, I don't know how I feel about this conversation and that makes me content.

I decided to pull out my phone to distract me during the car ride. I know it might come off as rude but I'd do anything to get out of this awkward situation. By the time I knew it we had arrived. I look outside the window and we were in front of a very nice restaurant. The vibe of the restaurant was nice I'd give it that. Pretty lights hung all around the restaurant.

I could see right through because the glass was so clean. Xavier shuts off the engine and leaves the car. He comes to my side and open my door, I nod at him and I finally look back. There are two cars worth of guards for him. I mean he is a Royal so he should be kept safe at all times, even for little stuff like this.

Xavier puts his hand on the back of my lower back and guides us towards the door of the restaurant. We walk, we are immediately tended to by this young blonde boy. He looks about my age and he's quite handsome, he smile at us. "Reservation under Harrison." Xavier says.

The boy looks down at his pad and looks up and smile again. "Yes, Right this way Sir." The boy nods his head and starts walking the way to where I assume is our table. It wasn't a long way to our table, it's a pretty booth with a nice candle in the middle and menus. Xavier and I take our seats, the boy stands in front of our booth. "I will also be your waiter tonight. My name is Gavin, I'm going to ask you for your drinks first." Gavin said.

"We'll start off with white wine." Xavier said, speaking for the both of us. I didn't care what I drank tonight, so I nodded my head. Gavin quickly walked away, so now I'm left alone on this date with this man. "Amelia, How old are you?" Xavier said while looking at me. I leaned back into the booth, I want to be relaxed.

"I'm 20, what about you?" 

"I'm 22, but I'm rethinking about you drinking because your only 20." Xavier says with a grin. I let out my laugh making sure I wasn't loud. This seemed like a quiet place. "Please I've gotten black out drunk before." I said while shrugging and picking up my menu.

"Please tell me, I want to know." I looked at Xavier and he looked worried a but also intrigued. Me and Macy used to get black out drunk when she went through a phase after her Mom. Macy is the normal bubbly, annoying type that you love but also want to punch.

"Well me and my bestfriend Macy used to get drunk at 14 and 15, but you have to promise not to tell my Mom." I said. "Well Mrs. Davis seems like a nice women, I don't know how's she'd react if she found out her daughter was participating in underaged drinking." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"She almost caught us one time." I said while hiding my face behind the menu. I felt more relaxed, like I'm just talking to someone I've always known. "Oh please tell me." He said very dramatically.

"Well Me and Macy had just came from a high school party that we definitely weren't supposed to be at but I sneaked away because Dad was asleep. Mom was over one of Co workers house grading papers. I was super drunk and so was Macy. We got home first but as soon as we got home Mom was pulling in the driveway. We ran upstairs and got in pajamas, but we left a mess in the living room. So we had to run back downstairs. By that time Mom saw us in the living room. I get crazy when I'm drunk and Macy is a sloppy drunk so we were standing there like statues with our eyes shot open."

I laughed when I remembered how Macy looked. Xavier laughed when I mimicked how we looked. Gavin had came back with our drinks. "You can order when your ready." He said and I finally looked at the menu. "I'll have a steak, I'll take it medium rare." Xavier said while putting his menu down.

"I'll have that shrimp pasta with garlic bread." I said and smiled at Gavin. I don't know why I'm smiling so much. Tomorrow I'm going to ask Macy to slap me.

Maybe this mate thing makes you all gushy.

___________________________________

I don't know how others perceive Xavier's character. Maybe it's because I'm always thinking ahead and development so I don't know.