Chapter 46

Amelia

I don't feel too good and it's supposed to be my wedding day. My stomach hurts a little and I don't know if it is nerves. Maybe it is but I do love him, I want to be his Queen. The hot water felt great on my skin, my muscles were a little sore. Xavier had gotten dressed and left. He told me William will be here in an hour and it has left me to panic more. I have no wedding dress, I can't get married looking a mess. I think back to the dresses that took half of my closet when I first moved in. I try to stop thinking and enjoy my shower, I decide to shave because I'm sure Xavier's going to want more. I decide to kill two birds with a stone and wash my face thoroughly, I need a clean face for make up today. Since I had been staying in Xavier's room for a while most of my things are in her. I do occasionally have to go back and get more. However I would rather do my hair and make up at the vanity than in his bathroom.

I wash all the soap off my body and stand in the hot water one last time. I open the door to the shower and exit. I grab a towel and wrap it around my body and walk to the drawer of the bathroom and grab my make up bag and toiletries. I leave the bathroom and go into a dryer that Xavier gave me to store my underwear in. I chose a lace blue bra and and underwear set and pic them up. I turn around to grab my things off the floor that I left last night but something black caught my eyes per usual. It was a dress laid out with a note card, the dress was long and seemed like it would touch the floor. It had a inches waist and had floral patterns all over it. It was strapless with a long black train. It was so beautiful I couldn't breath and my heart was pumping out of my chest.

I drop everything in my hand on the bed and pick up the notecard, "Could a Prince please you then Mary you after? I have spent my entire life alone and today I finally realized that I was just waiting for you.-X"

I want to save the note but I am supposed to get dressed, I pick everything back up including the dress and try to pull the door open. After a few attempts I finally get the door open, I see my room and run across the hall to it. I open the door and the sight always shocks me but what shocks me even more is seen Mackenzie sitting on the edge of the bed. She's holding some sort of small cloth and I can see tears falling from her eyes. She finally notices me and get up immediately to come and help with my handful of things. "No Makenzie please go sit down."

She nods her head and does what I say, I feel so guilty. I feel so guilty for being happy when I caused her extreme grief and heartache. I walk towards the vanity and set everything down, "Mackenzie I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I know it's a lot to ask for but please."

She finally speaks up and say, "I could never be angry at the one who tried to save her. For that you will be a great Queen, many are just royal. You are so much more than that and for that I thank you. Also I got your letter and it spoke volumes on your character." I blink away the tears and bend down to her level trying not to flash her with this towel.

"Mackenzie I can't tell you how much this means to me." I say to her with a tear slipping out.

She looks down and it wipes my tear away, "Let me help you get ready please Amelia." I smile at her finally calling me my name, I stand up to hug her and she feels very frail like she hasn't eaten anything. I haven't eaten anything either, food just hasn't been on my mind since I killed my mates brother. A sentence I'd never thought I say and certainly wouldn't do. I let go one her very frail body and finally go to put on my underwear. I had decided not to wear the bra since my dress is strapless.

I sit down at the vanity and Mackenzie starts on my hair while I organize my make up. She walks away into my closet and comes back with a black box. "Your something blue." She sats it next to me and opens the box and it a white bridal hair clip with blue crystals all over it.