Chapter 16

Amelia

I see Alex and Maverick pair up, this should be interesting. Alex and Maverick are two strong fighters, I know because I trained them. Alex was a skilled fighter but his eye coordination wasn't always reliable. Maverick was great at eye coordination but he always took too long getting up when knocked down.

They began to fight and Alex went for a punch that Maverick ducked. They circled around each other before Maverick kicked Alex's legs and he fell. Maverick too this time to get on top of Alex.

Maverick went for a punch but Alex moved his head out of the way. Alex punched Maverick twice and he was now off the ground and Maverick was hunching while grabbing his face. Alex kicked him twice and Maverick didn't get up because he gave up. I shake my head and the fight is over.

"Get up boy and go put a warm rag on your face." Two of the teens help him towards the door, I can tell everyone is feeling scared after watching this fight.

***

We are down to the last two kids to fight and that's Alex and Noel, they look like a hot mess. They look tired I feel bad, I decided the winner doesn't have to fight me but they'll get something else.

They begin to fight and Noel is a killer, she moves at a fast pace and kicks Alex. Alex goes hurling to the ground, he's tired and I can tell. Noel is tired too but Alex is exhausted, he's determined still. He must've really wanted a chance to fight me, same with Noel.

Alex stands back up and he punches Noel in her jaw and she falls to the ground. He gets on top of her and has an angry expression, like this is personal. I furrow my brows in confusion and watch closely as this unfolds. I'll intervene when it gets too out of hand, Noel look angry too.

"Give up Noel and end this." He yells at her angrily, she pushed him off and get on top of him, he struggles. This is definitely personal and I'm about to kick both of their assess.  "No." She yells and then she kisses him, like on the lips kiss.

What the hell? I can't believe my eyes right now. Is this actually happening? My eyes pop out of their sockets and the rest of the class gasp. "What the hell is wrong with you guys?" I say and they pull away from the kiss, they both scramble to their feet. Everyone moves away from the scene to give me space to yell at these idiots.

"How many times do I have to tell you to leave the personal stuff at home? Do you not know how dangerous that was and how stupid it is?"

They both look down and I just can't believe what happened. "Alex dude, I don't like this in my class."

His head pops up and he looks at me with a hurtful expression. "I know, I'm sorry. It's just hard to explain how this happened." He says too quickly and put his head back down.

"That Kiss was so awkward, do you not practice?" I say with a sly smile, Alex looks up back at me he smiles back at me. Noel lifts her head up and lightly laugh. Everyone begin to laugh and I look at the clock on the wall, it's almost time to go.

"You're both winners, but I'll spare you your fight with me. You're all tired and hungry, some of you might need to go to the nurse. However as my award I'm giving Alex money to take everyone to see a movie." The class cheers in a excitingly way and I smile.

I know my students go through drama and relationships because they're teenagers but I didn't expect Alex to be a smooth man. Now that I think about it those two are always arguing during class.

"Everyone, bring it in for a hug because I am no longer your teacher." Everyone begins to yell in a happy way. 

"I'll miss you Ms. Amelia." Alex says while walking to me, I hug him and then put my arm around him as we start to walk to my purse. "I'll miss you too Alex, you can always text me."

"Don't forget us." Alex says while I'm picking up my purse as we pull away. "I could never." I say while handing him the money.

Students began grabbing their things and walking out hand in hand laughing and yelling. I smile as the last few student began to exit, I walk around the room one finally time.

When I get to the door, I turn off the light and lock the door. This is a great goodbye, I love my student so much. The only thing that's hurting is my heart and it has nothing to do with saying goodbye to my students. My heart hurts for Macy and how we left things, she means so much to me. Yet she couldn't have been so unsupportive of me.

***

I'm in the car with Xavier and he hasn't said a word since I got in the car, I roll my eyes. He doesn't even notice me he's too busy typing on his phone. I lay my head back and close my eyes, it was getting pretty dark outside and I was tired.

I feel tingle on my arm as someone shakes it, I look up and see those honey pool eyes. I smile at instinct and he smiled back at me, "You're home." He says in a deep voice that made my heart beat quicker.

I shake my head and rub my eyes and yawn. I look over and see my home. Mom and Dad's car is parked in the drive way. So that means everyone is home, and I can spend the last night with my family.

"I'll be here at 8:30 in the morning." I nod my head in response to him. He leans in and he pecks my lips and I feel fire works within me.

I move out of the way and began to open the door.

"Goodnight Lia." He says with his usual smirk.

____________________________________

Hope you enjoy reading just as I do writing. I love how Amelia is positive and negative at the same time. It's like she has a good angel and bad angel. The good one is the optimist and the bad one is the pessimist. Anyway, love you💗 like and comment.