Chapter 37

Amelia

The Queen and I decided to meet every Tuesday and Friday for the next four weeks. Knowing that my wedding is in four weeks is nerve wracking considering my family is going home soon in two days. I talked to the Queen and she reassured me that my family would be back 3 days before the wedding. She also informed me of the intense wedding preparations that's being rushed in the span of a month.

I never expected the Queen to be as soft and delicate as she displayed to me. I expect the stern women she has presented formally the last few months. I guess I had truly learned looks fantastic be deceiving with both Mother and son. The Queen and I had just finished our tea and I will meet back with he on Friday. Xavier is with my parents and I decide to go for a run since it has been a while for me. I feel as though sometimes I am leaving that warrior wolf inside me. Kat has slowly disappeared and she's the warrior that drives me. I have to remind myself that I am going to be Queen so maybe she will come back to me.

I quickly make my way back to my room and I see Elise tidying up my room and she smiles once she sees me enter. "Do you want to go on a run with me? It's a demand so you can't say no." I say jokingly. I have gotten really close with Elisa and she tells me more about her and her sister growing up in the castle without parents. She tells me about the Xavier as a teen wolf and I absolutely love it. She told me she used to have a little girly crush on him but it soon faded when she fell for a guard her age. His name is Marcel but he unfortunately isn't her mate so they couldn't stay together. She has been hiding her sadness but I can tell at certain moments.

"C'mon Les't go, it'll be good for your wolf to get some air. Bad to keep them trapped in your head too long, drives you crazy." I grab her hand and I drag her out my room. I hurriedly rush us out of the annoying long hallway and down the dramatic stairs. We exit through the big double doors and I almost make us trip and fall. She laughs and tries to slow us down as we walk the the perfect grass towards the trees.

I love having a friend again it feels very nice and comforting. "So when do you think I'm expected to call you your majesty?" Elise asks.

"Never I hope, it's seems too old for me. Stick to calling Prince Xavier that." I say with a little smile on my face thinking of him.

"Prince Xavier has been nothing but nice to me my entire life growing up in the Palace. He always found it weird to call him that since his father and mother were called that. However Mackenzie always address him that way and to satisfy my sister I obey that as well." She says to me as we continue to walk closer towards the forest.

"You're a good Sister, I'm a bad one compared to you. Aren't you happy to stretch your wolf?"

"Amelia I am kind of nervous for you to see my wolf. You're a queen and your wolf is much more impressive than mine." She says as we slowly walk towards a tree.

"Elise in all the time I've known which isn't very long but I've never heard you talk so lowly of yourself." I say to her while looking ahead and not into her eyes.

"My sister is very fond of you and yet she isn't very vocal about it. Which is her of showing respect for her future Queen. I may be out going and talkative around you but there is always this submissiveness in me that will shy in front of my Queen. You're my friend and my Queen it is hard not to talk lowly of myself in your presence." She finishes and stares at the side of my head while I continue to look away in thought.

I had never considered that I make others feel the same way that Queen Victoria does for me. Her energy is very commanding and strong. My obliviousness to accept that I'm not a warrior but a Queen has made my interactions with others different.

Realizing I had made a long pause in between our conversation I turn to face her. I smile at her, "Elise I'm sure you wolf is as beautiful as you, there's no need to shy. I may be your future Queen but I'll always be your friend." I say.

And there, I had accomplished what I had never thought I could. A very healthy and non codependent female friendship. Spending this time without Macy has made me realize not all friendships has to be co dependent. Though I do miss her, I don't miss the codependency and lack of support.

Elise and I share another moment of comfortable silence while still walking further from the Palace into the woods. "I think we can comfortably change into our wolves now for a run." I say to her and for the first time in a while I feel Kat again and it's strange. I know she isn't gone but she's back and it doesn't feel right.

Something is wrong and I can't put my finger on it. Elise removes her clothes to change into her wolf while I try to listen to Kat. "Elise don't change into your wolf just yet. Go hide behind that tree, I'm going to change into my wolf." I say to her and she looks confused.

I turn my head and body back to her and change my expression. "Elise now!" I yell firmly at her in a commanding voice that took over me. I see her cower and she immediately does what I ask of her. I give Kat the okay to change.

I feel my bones began to stretch and break. I feel my skin begin to rip apart and I wish I could say I'm used to it but the royal life has made me loose my warrior side a little. I let Kat take over and I'm not even a moment I feel my paws touch the cold earth below me. I can hear Elise's breathing from behind that tree but I can also here running. The running is getting closer and closer.

I close my eyes a bit more to hear it more clearly. In a second I open my eyes and look ahead of me. There are two brown wolves both male running towards me. Something tells me these aren't palace guards. They look viscous and like the don't belong to packs. I make eyes contact with the wolf that's the closest and stand guard into a fighting position.

The wolf comes charging at me with its mouth open and at the last deacons I move out the way and let it hit a tree. The wolf lays there hurt trying to get back up. Knowing that the second wolf isn't far behind I circle around and goes for the wolfs neck. It winners and tries to throw me off. We continue to do this back in forth until it knocks me to a tree.

My vision becomes blurry and I shake my head and immediately get up, I finally had a enough with this rodent and charge toward its neck and rip it out. I don't stop tearing through it until I see it's throat beautifully spread on the grass beneath me.

I hear Elise's screams and I scan around me, I can't see her or the other wolf. I close my eyes once more to hear and I hear her struggling, I start to run panicking. Finally I see the wolf on top of her dead bloody human form body. All I can see if red and and head straight for that shitty rodent.

I feel nothing but pain and I am going to cause more than I feel.

I rip through this rodents neck as fast as he did to her. I don't stop until there isn't even a recognized wolf. I feel my heart pounding and I stop to turn back into human form.

I'm naked and cold with blood all over me and I sob like I've never before. For the first time I felt a connection with another female friend only for it to be taken away. I run back to her body and pick up her body and hold it close. How am I going to explain this to Mackenzie. It's all my fault, she would've been in my room if I hadn't pushed.

I start to scream and rock her body back in forth replaying the events that had led up to this. I sob and scream until I can't.

Then all I see it red dots, I just want to sleep. I've killed many rogues and not once have I felt like I needed someone to hold me. I was a warrior, I didn't need to be held. I did the holding and protecting others. I just want to sleep.

I just want my Prince Charming.

__________________________________

I was literally crying while writing this chapter; I hope I don't upset any of you💗 Hope you enjoy.