Chapter 41

Xavier

It killed me to let her go like this but I can't take the likeness of another attack at the Palace while she's here. I need to protect her at all costs, she is My Queen. I turn my head toward William, "Where's My Father?" I ask in a stern voice. "He is expected to be in the Office Your Majesty."

I nod my head in acknowledgment and head towards my ever so lovely fathers office. I think I might be picking up sarcasm from Amelia. The Office will soon be mine once I become King, others inherit things like jewelry from their parents. Whereas I inherit things like cold hearts from mine, I wondered where my vulnerability to falling in love came from. Maybe I was hoping that if anyone in the world could love me it would be my mate. Right now I have upset my mate and it is creating this insecurity within me. I have never been one to bury my emotions nor have I ever been one to be victim of emotional unintelligence. I have been taught from my father that a King should never allow anyone even his queen access to his true display of emotions. That was just a number of things I haven't followed by the words of my father. I allowed Amelia to see when I was upset, happy, lustful, and nervous.

If there is one thing I truly learned from my father is how to never let go of My Queen and Mate. Though right now I had a mission and it was to officially challenge my fathers authority. I was going to get the truth finally in my life. I stoped in front of the huge white door I often avoided when I was a child. I was not foreign with the room, my father has slowly begun to give over the reigns to me. Like every door in the Palace, it had a very gold detailed door knob. I did not knock and burst only to find my father signing paper work. He glanced at me and rolled his eyes, "You're awfully dramatic for sending your Mother." He says in his usual way.

"Not everyone can be as nonchalant as you when we have attacks in our home." I say to him in a tone I've never spoke before. He was sitting at a big mahogany desk with a chair that only boosted his ego. He grunted at my statement and continue writing, this only pissed me off even more.

I walked up to the desk and snatched the paper, I then threw across the room and he barely reacted. He looked up and relaxed back into his chair while rubbing his forehead. "Xavier, what is it that you want?" He says still rubbing his head.

"I want the truth, I want you to tell me what is really going on."

"Fine, Sit down son."

***

Amelia

The Plane ride was excruciatingly long, I sat there most of the time looking out the window thinking. I was listening to music but stopped. I wanted to text Xavier but felt as if it'd be no point. The way we left things made me wonder, I looked down at my ring and sighed. I felt movement next to me and turned my head, it was the Queen.

She spoke before I could greet her, "Do you think that Xavier loves me?" She asked me looking ahead in her usual stoic emotion awaiting for my answer.

This question took me aback, truly I felt she was asking the wrong person. Xavier and I only briefly talked about his feeling towards his parents. We rarely talked to each other about our families, maybe that was weird. I could bring it up and intently watch his face, and after a while he'll show me.

"Yes, I would like to think he does. I think he's hurt but he loves you, I think some children has this unconditional love for their parent. Where they could be wronged by their parent multiple times and still feel love for them." I say to her while looking at her face as she continues to stare ahead.

"I've never wanted to be this kind of person or Mother Amelia. I take full responsibility of neglecting my son, I should've been better to him even though others were worse to me." She says to me while showing a bit of emotion. Sadness is what she was showing me and though she did not realize it she were exactly like him. "I don't know why I am like this or why I am programed like this." She says clearly thinking. 

I look ahead also and say, "I'm sure everyone asks themselves that question." 

"Does that make me ordinary or average?" She asks me still looking ahead. 

"I think that makes you human." I say to her.

"We are not human Amelia." 

"Part of us are and My Mother used to say that it was just as important as our other side." I say turning my head back to her again.

"Such a bright woman that gave birth to another bright woman who is perfect for My Son. I envy both of you Amelia." She says with a smile smile still facing ahead.

"Why? You're a Queen." I say looking out the window.

"Not for long." She says.

"You are not at all what I had expected." I say to her. 

"What did you expect of me?" She asks with curiosity shining in her pretty eyes.

"I had expected you to hate me, I judged you based on your body language. That does not make me a bright woman. It makes me a judgmental one." She grabs my hand and it slightly makes me jump. She squeezes it and I can see the curiosity turn to amusement.

"It comes natural for others to judge what they do not know." She says and squeezes my hand in a loving way.

"How can you say things like that and you insinuate you're not bright." I say to her with curiosity now running through my mind. 

"Amelia, a bright woman is smart and intelligent not just with educational knowledge and wisdom but with emotional intelligence and strength. Those are the traits I do not posses." She says to me with a sad smile and a hint of brokenness.

"You're very emotionally intelligent, why would you then you're not strong." I ask her again curiously.

"A strong Woman, Mate, Mother, and Queen would not take the disrespect of her Mate having an affair and having an illegitimate child then neglecting her own." She says to me and I feel my entire stomach drop.

"Xavier has a half brother and I as a very weak woman and allowed the disrespect and neglected My Son."

Holy Shit.

______________________________________

Shocked ? I knew all along LMAOOOO

-Author