Chapter 40

Amelia

I looked down at my left hand and looked at my ring, I turned my attention away from it and looked at the piece of paper in front of me. I had spent the rest of my day in my room packing and organizing some of my clothes. I had finished a shower after returning back to my room. I am kinda going to miss my bed during my visit back at the pack.

I'm writing a letter to Mackenzie and apologizing to her. I don't really know how to start it but it's been my task for the last 30 minutes. I honestly wished it was an easy task to do but it was not. I began writing my letter and in hope that it would give Mackenzie some peace for a slight moment. Xavier had not came to see me today and I am glad so, he was and is an asshole that I'd like to punch. I just want to curl in a little ball and avoid my problems but I can't and as, much as I am mad at him I still love him. I am not afraid to admit that this is going to be a hard time apart from him. I finish up writing the letter and slip it into a little pink envelope and set it aside, I take a look around my room and feel like I'm leaving home again. Xavier is my home and I am leaving it and I can feel Kat's sadness begin.

I hear a knock at the door and turn my attention towards it, I get up and walk towards the door. I am greeted by Williams face along with two palace guards. "Your Majesty I am here to escort you to the Plane. Your family and The Queen has already boarded." He says to me and I feel my heart drop a little. "Would you happen to know where the Prince is?" I ask him out of pure curiosity even with anger towards him.

"Yes, he's waiting for you your majesty." I nod my head in response to him, I turn back a little to take a glance back at my room. I close my eyes and feel the memories of Elise and I in here. I never really spent much time in this room alone. I was always with the twins or just Elise. I noticed that I slept with Xavier almost every night, I turned my head back to William. 

"William there's a letter on my vanity addressed to Mackenzie and I'd really like you to make sure she receives it please." I say to him with certainty in my voice in every word. He nodded his head and said "Of course Your Majesty. We must leave now." I nod my head in response and move to the side to allow the guards to grab my luggage, once they obtain it they quickly move towards William and I. I turn off the lights and close the door behind us and walk in front of both Willam and the guards. I take my time walking down the stairs dreading seeing Xavier and dreading of see his eyes. I become putty in those eyes and I cannot because he hurt me and my pride. 

I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a second as I walk down the stairs. I open them and then I meet his and it feels as if I have met him for the first time again. I just wish he hadn't said what he said then I'd be able to run up and kiss those soft lips again. I am begging to reach the end of the stairs and he reaches out his arm for me, I eye it and then move my eyes to stare deeply into his again. I reach the bottom of the stair and begin to walk past him towards the double doors, he catches my left hand and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach. 

He brings my hand up to his mouth and slowly kiss the finger with my engagement ring and then kiss my hand. "Forgive me My Queen for I am only a lost Prince that's still learning my way to kingship." he says in his low voice. I can't help but what to jump and never leave his side.

I move closer to him and move my head to his chest to his heart beat. I feel a pit of sadness within me and I feel the warmth of his arms around me. I feel a tear slip out of my eye and whisper to him,"Let me stay with you please." I sound very annoying and whiny but it's how I feel and what I want. 

"Please Lia let me sort this out and I swear I'll make it up to you for my words and actions." He says to me and I feel another tear slip out of my eye. "Just be careful and remember to text me Prince asshole." I say and I feel him chuckle and slightly pull away so we can meet each other eyes again. 

"I think I do deserve that, I will come and get you. You are my priority so wait for me Lia."

"You know I will Prince Charming." I finish and I lean up to kiss his soft lips forgetting that William was in the room. I hear him clear his throat. 

"I am sorry to interrupt Your majesties but the Plane is ready to depart so the Princess must board." He finishes and look back towards the doors again. 

"I love you Lia." He says and I turn my head to him and smirk.

"Yeah, you fucking better." He darkly chuckles and passionately kiss me one more time before I turn and face the door. A pair of guards open the door for me and I see another pair waiting to escort me all they way there. I reach the bottom of the stair and put my hands on the inside of my hoodie and feel my phone, air pods, and charger. This was going to be a long flight and I am not prepared to talk. I don't want to talk right now, it is hard to do this and I want it to be quiet and soothing. 

__________________________________________

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter, I did. Thank you for reading my loves as we slowly reach the end :0