Chapter 17

Amelia

"Mom, Mom where are you?" I yell through out the house, honestly the amount of times I call her name is probably why she never clung to me when I moved out.

"I'm in the kitchen." I run back down the stairs and go for the kitchen, she was there putting away food.

She was putting away dinner I am assuming, which I'm not very hungry. She was wearing long pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt that matches. Her blonde hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

"Mom, we should watch a movie as a family. You know because I leave tomorrow and I want a last happy memory." She smiles and I can see her eyes start to water a little, my facial expression saddens.

"Mommy, it's okay I will call every chance I get." I say to her and start to walk towards her and wrap my arms around her warm body.

"I know, but I don't see how we just can't move with you." I suck my teeth, that was a terrible idea.

"I can't have you do that, your life is here and you love it here. So does Ivan, leaving doesn't cross his mind. Trust me, he's not leaving the house until he's 30." I say the last part in a serious tone, this makes mom laugh.

"I know but I'll miss you and your Dad has been an absolute wreck ever since the pack meeting." She says in a worried tone.

"Dad is in a wreck because I'm leaving?" I say in a weird tone that makes it seem like my father doesn't love me. I know mom takes offense to that because her body tensed and she gasps.

"Amelia, you're father loves you so much that the when I gave birth to you he wouldn't let anyone come 3 feet you for the first three months of your life." She says and my eyes pop out of their sockets.

"Oh my God, I didn't know that." I say as I pull away from our long hug that was more of a cuddle.

"You and your father are alike in many ways. You're both radiant people with beautiful personalities. However you keep your emotions private unless you're okay with showing them or don't care how people perceive you for showing them." She says.

"So he has been a wreck but he's keeping it private because he wants to be the another one of the people in your life to make you feel bad for following who you were always meant to be." She says and my mind is opens to many occasions where Dad kept his emotions private with me.

"Mom we should watch a movie, I'll bake the cookies." I say trying to divert from the subject, I'd talk to Dad later, her facial expression turns to disgust. 

"You're not burning my house down, I'll bake cookies. Go tell you dad and Ivan we're watching a movie and to be in the living room in a hour and a half." She says, then turning around and opening the fridge.

I turn around and exit the kitchen, I decide to take a shower before I went to tell Dad and Ivan. I got to my room and removed my clothes, and wrap my white fluffy towel around me. I got my pajamas ready and decided to pick up things.

I decided to tidy up two of my suitcases and I pushed them to the side. I exited my room and headed towards the bathroom, I took the pony tail out of my hair and turned on the shower.

I hope tonight is really long and I don't have to leave tomorrow.

***

We are all now sitting in the living room on the couch, the TV is on and we're deciding on a movie to watch. I have my brown fluffy blanket and I'm sitting next to mom, she has a large bowl of popcorn in her lap.

We both share my cover while Ivan is at our feet with his big annoyingly black cover. Dad is sitting in his chair and has his own bowl of popcorn. Ivan wants to watch a scary movie but Mom doesn't so they've been arguing for 30 minutes.

Dad and I just watch them argue because it's no uses in getting in between it, but Dad knows Mom doesn't like scary movies. After a few more minutes Dad intervene, "I'll pick the movie and it will be a mixture of scary and funny."

"But-" Ivan starts but Dad gives him he look and I giggle at the exchange, Ivan nudges me and I swat his forehead.

Finally Dad chooses the movie 'Happy Death Day.' I am excited because I've seen the trailer for it already and have been waiting to watch it.

"It's okay Mom, it's not that scary based on the trailer." I say and she turns her body towards me and scolds me.

"Vincent, you know I don't like scary movies. It is your fault if I can't go to sleep tonight." Mom turns her body towards Dad and his head turns to her.

He smiles at her and says, "I'll be there to protect you, I always have darling." I smile at the loving nature of my parents, they are so in love it's so beautiful.

"Ivan go turn off the lights." Dad said and turned his head to Ivan, Ivan sighed and got up.

He turned the lights off and Dad presses start for the movie, I get from under the cover and go to the kitchen to take the cookies out.

I take them out and turn off the stove, I exited the kitchen and got back to my seat next to Mom.

I am so glad that we get to make this last memory, still my heart aches for Macy. She still hasn't texted me, I put my head down for a moment.

I pick my head back up to try to enjoy this last family moment before I am off to my royal situation.

___________________________________

I am sorry for the long wait but this is a big update, In the past two weeks I have been dealing with a break up so I wasn't in the mood for writing.

I am fine now and I am ready to start updating at a normal schedule, I am on spring break so I'll be updating again and hopefully it'll be a big one too.

Thanks for reading

-your badass Author💗