Chapter 42

Xavier 

"Could he be the one attacking? Is your son the one attacking my mate." I ask the man who claims to be my father. "I got a letter the day you met your mate. It was a threat to the royal family from him." My father says showing no emotion which only angered me.

"What's his name?" I ask him.

"His name is Rowan, he's younger than you. Your Mother is the only one who knows. Rowans Mother died during child birth and I sent him away to be raised as an alpha in another pack."

"Great King Michael cheats on his mate and wife and have an illegitimate son only to neglect his legitimate one." I say with laced anger. I am tired of feeling the after math of my parents mistakes. It was a waste of my time and truly exhausting.

Now I have to Kill my brother ... great. 

"When I kill your son and you know I will. You'll be banned from showing your face once I take My place as YOUR King." I say to him with urgent promise in my voice. 

"I am the King boy, know your place." He says and now I know what must happen. I know what I must to protect her. I have to challenge my father for the throne now. I can't let him sit back and ignore what is happening like he has been for the past months now. "Are you challenging me boy?" He says with his face in clear anywhere can. I have never spoken to my father in this manner, I haven't spoke much to my father much through my life anyway. He failed as a Father and Mate, he threw away both of his son and now he was going to watch one of them die. I do not enjoy the feeling of having to kill my younger brother but he has threatened the other half of my soul and I will kill anyone who tries to take that love I have craved for my entire life away from me. 

Challenging my father meant that I would have to have a witness, "I sure as hell am." I say to my father with pure anger pouring from the pores if my skin. I can see his anger as well but he contains it and calms himself, "An hour then you are to meet me outside in the forrest, Williams will be our witness boy." He spits the last word out and this angers my wolf. Mannox was a much angrier and demanding version of me. He has always been this way, this time I'd let him out. 

I turned and slammed his office door and began to make my way back to my room to ready myself, Amelia has not left my mind. I wish I could say I was afraid for the challenge but I am ready to go against my so called King and Father. We had to fight in wolf form and I had never seen My Fathers wolf, I may have gotten myself in waters I am not familiar. I do not really care for anything except for her safety and our future and my family is ruining that as usual.

I reached my room and I could still smell her and I start ti wish she wasn't away. I decided to pick up my phone and call her, I put the phone to my ear as it rings. 'Hello' she says and I deeply breath as the sound off her voice runs through my ears. "Are you still upset with me?" I ask her expecting the answer. 'When am I coming home?' she asks, and I sigh at her question.

"I will bring you home sooner than you think." I say to her while siting on the bed. 'I'll talk to you once I'm all settled in.' Before she could hang up, "I love you Lia." I say to her.

'I love you too Prince Dickhead.' I chuckle at her response and hang up the phone to ready myself for this challenge. I don't have to kill my farther only to submit to him, I am pretty damn angry at him so I'm hoping it won't be a hard thing for me to accomplish. I have been ready to tell him off for years and I know I might be wrong for not explaining to Amelia what is going on. I don't want to upset her with me even more, I need to protect her. 

***

It was raining, Amelia had told me that rain was good luck but I never liked the rain.  It was cold and wet and it reminded me of my childhood, I always felt alone. I was standing here with William who looked scared, he had every right to be. He was going to see two rightfully born Kings challenge each other for the throne. I had always felt more vulnerable to my feelings about my Mother than my Father. He was always cold, where she wasn't. I stopped asking and caring as to why he was like this but today I now know he's a bitch at his job. I decided to change into to my wolf Mannox and Willam moved away but was still in sight. I never usually let him out unless I am going for a run, he's huge and scares others. 

This makes him happy that anyone cowers below him because it's how things should be and today our father would cower too. I could smell him and I shut my eyes and listened to his heavy paws run against the ground. The rain was running through my fur and it cooled my nerves because my father was going straight for the kill without surrendering to his own son. That's when I knew I had to make him surrender, I cannot Kill him. I kept my eyes closed as I heard him getting closer and closer, I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

_________________________________________

A bit of a writers block but I am pushing through !