Chapter 24

Amelia

"Amelia, we don't have time for this." He says in his usual deep tone that makes me shiver. I know we don't because I want to make at least a good impression on the King and Queen but being late isn't going to help.

"No, I decide what we have time for from now on Prince Charming." I say while smiling sweetly. I knew that I kept pushing his dominance and I don't care. I look toward the door so that we wouldn't have to talk anymore.

"We can go to dinner." I look towards the door not wanting to talk anymore. Kat was pouncing in my head and I needed food so let's get this over with.

He walks toward the door and open it for me, he holds out his other hand. I take it and he closes the door, he grabs onto my waist and we quickly walk down the hallway. I knew that I had won but out of defeat, our battle hadn't begun yet in his mind.

***

We were now sitting in a huge dining room, it looked like a private dining room. Like there was a bigger one but this was reserved for family. Xavier was sitting across from me an staring intently at me, I decided to look everywhere else.

The cloth of the table was gold and there was so many roses every, they were black roses. I loved the roses just by the color, it made me smile. The King and Queen hadn't come to dinner yet and this gave me time to relax a little.

I'm still so nervous to meet and talk to them, Kat hasn't said anything yet and I'm glad because she'd freak me out more. I finally avert my attention towards Xavier.

"Do you enjoy gawking at people?" I scowl at him.

"I actually prefer when people gawk at me." He says in amusement. I rolled my eyes set back in my seat. All of this waiting was making me nervous and I couldn't take it anymore.

Soon I could smell that same scent, The King and Queen has made their entrance. Their seats were pulled out by maidens. The king sat at the head of the table and the Queen sat on the other end facing him.

A older maid came in, "Dinner is served." she says. Next thing I know a hot plate of food is siting in front of me. Red wine is poured in my wine glass and it's sitting next to a glass of water.

On my round cream plate there is a delicious looking steak and beautiful golden brown fries. I tilted my head in confusion, I've never eaten these two foods foods together. "Its Steak Fries, I hope you like it." Xavier says, I look towards him and he he raise one eyebrow.

I take a fork beside my plate and the knife on the other side and I cut the steak. I ultimately decide to not eat it, the steak is freaking me out. Xavier nods his head in approval and began eating. "Amelia is a pretty name, how did your mother come up with it." The queen says in a authoritative voice while she's focused on cutting her steak.

I fix my pasture and clear my throat. "It's my mom's middle name." The king hums in approval. I take a sip of my red wine and it tastes too good. Xavier must have some sort of obsession with steak.

"Amelia did the prince inform you of your royal activities?" The King asked while drinking some of his wine.

"Yes, he informed me." I began eating my food again. The room falls silent and the only thing you could hear is the four of us eating. I plan to call my mom tomorrow to update her, it's weird not living alone anymore.

I mean sometimes I slept over at my parents a lot but I'm going to miss living alone, now I have to deal with all this Royal shit. Also this stupid mate shit that I have to deal with. It didn't take long for me to finish my food, some maids came by and took our plates.

"I think that's enough social interaction for tonight, we'll have desert in our rooms." The Queen said to the obvious head maid. The King and Queen both stood up and everyone bowed including me and they swiftly exited.

I kept my head down feeling the release of that power leaving that was previously suffocating me. I exhaled deeply and then looked up to see Xavier staring at me once again. I rolled my eyes not caring of his reaction before. I put my hand in the air and snapped my fingers.

"Prince Charming you clearly have a problem, were you ever taught that staring at someone was rude." I said in an annoyed tone.

He sat back confidently in his seat and rubbed his chin looking devilishly handsome. I tried to brush the thought out of my mind. "No, I was taught it was the other way around since I am a prince."

I scoffed as his arrogant words kind of turned me on. That's what made me so annoyed. Everything he does, everything he says turns me on. His smell was enriching and Kat was always drinking it in. His voice always sent shivers into my spine. It was like he commanded my body all of the time.

I hated the fact that he had that control over me and I hated that he knew it. It's not that don't I want him, it's that I'm figuring the urge to accept it. It hasn't registered to me that I found my mate. It makes it worse that he's a Royal ass.

I don't have Macy with me and we're not even talking. I'm so mad at her that I don't want to talk anyway. She let me leave without saying goodbye. I lay back in my seat and eye Xavier up and down.

"I am training tomorrow and I want you to go with me." He says and I nod because I do need to train maybe I'll feel better if I punched him.

"But I must warn you, my Queen. It can be quiet intense and I intend to push you." He says while grinning handsomely.

"Don't Fuck with me Prince Charming." I said while crossing my arms.

___________________________________

This is a little short and a little late but I started school and thought that it would be a good Idea to post a chapter. Thank you to everyone who read what I write. It actually fuels me as a writer a little so all the nice comments and votes is helping. Don't worry after I finish this book I'll edit it. Thank you so much and I promise to update tomorrow because I have some time and it will be three long chapters.