Chapter 34

Amelia

I am still scrolling on my phone when I hear a knock at the door and by the smell it is definitely Prince Charming. Elise gets up from my bed and smooths out her dress. I get up to open the door  and smile at his annoyingly handsome face. 

"Every time I look at you I see the rest of the world disappear." He says.

"I get Prince Charming tonight, how annoyingly sweet." I say while rolling my eyes and smiling. 

I turn back to Elise and wink then I walk out the door and grab Xavier's hand.

"C'mon, let's go get engaged." I pull him down the hallway to the stairs. 

"Don't say it like that Lia, act like it's a surprise and you don't know." He says while trailing behind me down the stairs.

"Fine, What else should I fake?" I say to him as we reach the bottom of the stairs. 

"Noting else and don't get smart with me." he says and I turn around to face him. 

"Or what?" as I say and he steps closer to me,.

"Let's go to dinner Amelia." He says while grabbing my waist. 

We finally reach the dining area and he pulls out a chair for me and I sit down then he takes the chair next to mine and sit in it. I can see that there are more chairs placed at the alarming large table. William appears and escorts my family to their seats. Dad, Mom, and Ivan are all dressed up. Mom looks beautiful as always and is wearing a baby pink dress while dad is just wearing a casual grey suit, Ivan is always wearing a suit matching to Dads. 

They sit down in their seats, William stays and announces the King and Queen. Queen Victoria looks beautiful as always and is wearing a long fit to her curves maroon gown. She looks very uninterested and she immediately sits down in her chair. King Michael does the same and then he speaks.

"Welcome to the Palace, I hope you're enjoying your stay. I am glad to welcome our future together. We're here tonight to celebrate something important but first let us enjoy our meal. In front of you today you have a nice cooked salmon wit a side of vegetables and a bowl of rice. Please enjoy and feel free to ask any questions for this eventful dinner." King Michael finishes and then takes a sip of some red wine. 

I feel Xavier's hand on my thigh and squeeze it for reassurance. I grab the big glass of wine in front of me and take a really big gulp of the nice expensive wine. Xavier takes his glass and stands up to make a speech or whatever. 

"Excuse me, I just want to say how happy I am for you all to be here tonight because it will be extremely memorable for everyone. I just want to turn my attention to the strikingly amazing Amelia and how she truly has made me happy. At first life was dull as I searched for my mate, thinking that I'd never find my true one. I had begun to loose hope but the moon goddess was would never leave us in our times of need." He says to everyone without looking towards me. Finally he turns his body towards me and kneel on one knee. I hear my Mother's faint gasp and turn my attention to Prince Charming's face.

"Amelia, will you not only be my Queen but my Wife?" He says as he pulls out a red velvet box and opens it. There is a ring with a really pretty silver band with little diamonds surrounds a huge black diamond in the middle. I got to say that this is the most pretty and expensive piece of jewelry I have ever seen in my short life.

I learn forward to whisper in his ear my answer. Of course I wanted to marry him, he might be moving our lives in the fast pace but I love him.

"Do you love me Prince Charming?" I Whisper delicately in his ear hoping no one else would. I pull back and stare in those honey eyes. It was like everyone had disappeared. I could not tell anything of what he was thinking, it was as if our marks wasn't doing their jobs. 

"Of course I do Lia." He says with absolutely confidence. 

"Then say it before I answer your question?" I say to him with a little annoyance.

"Amelia, I love you." and there I had my answer because with those simple words I knew that I couldn't say no.

"Yes, I'll marry you Prince Xavier." I say and then I hear claps and I hear Mom sniffle. I look and see Dad and Ivan comforting her. 

"Mom it is okay you do not need to cry." I look towards her for a second then looked at the Queen, she was watch Xavier and I intensively. It was the most she has ever paid attention to either one of us since I moved to the palace. She looked stunning and barely looked like a woman of her age, she looked like she was in heartache. I turned my head back towards Xavier who was still in fact kneeling.

I grabbed his head and smashed my lips towards him and I really have got to admit that this was the moment I was the most happiest I've ever been in a while. I pulled away from his face and he took the the ring out of the box and slipped it onto my left finger. It was a little heavy but I managed and adjusted myself in my seat. Xavier picked himself up and adjusted himself also.

"Thank you for doing your duties Son." King Michaels says and then he holds his hand out for the Queen, She delicately puts her small hand into his without any sense of emotion but out of habit. 

"Now let us all finally eat and enjoy this fine evening." King Michael says and finally let's g of her hand. King Michale and Xavier look like twins. Like it was like a copy and paste except Xavier has a sharper chin and has his Mothers beautiful honey eyes. 

I finally cut into my salmon and take a bite and sometimes I must admit I do love the food at the Palace than Mom's cooking. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Davis would you have lunch with me tomorrow? Also Ivan would you go on a run with me a three tomorrow." Xavier says then takes a spoonful of rice. Ivan nods his head in agreement.

"Yes, we will be delighted to have lunch with you Prince Xavier." my Mom says. 

"Am I invited to the lunch tomorrow?" I ask and turn my head to look at Xavier right next to me. 

"Actually no, Would you have lunch with me tomorrow Amelia?" Queen Victoria says while looking at me, I hold my breath a little in surprise. I try to find the courage to respond to her because she's never addressed me directly. I stare at her beautifully flawless facer and try to read every aspect but she's just like her son,  completely unreadable. By now it has been and awkward silence for a couple seconds without my response. 

"Yes, I'll have lunch with you your majesty." as soon as I respond she nods he head gracefully and goes back to eating her food.

Maybe that proposal really will change a few dynamics in the palace. 

__________________________________________

Hi !! I know this is an extremely late update but I really hope you loves enjoy:)))