Chapter 24

"I wonder what Brooke needs from us," I pondered out loud as Eric and I drove towards the school.

"I don't know but it better be important, it's freaking late at night and the school is going to look fifty times creepier than it does on a regular basis," Eric complained.

"How are we even going to get in?" I asked as he parked the car. The school was closed so unless Brooke still had the keys my aunt gave her the doors should be closed.

"The school is closed but the gym is probably open," he commented as he tried opening the front doors of school only to find out they were locked.

"Do you think anyone checks the security cameras?" I asked him as we walked towards the gym. I mean if anyone checks the school cameras and sees two kids trying to open the doors of the school at these unholy hours, I'm pretty sure they're going to think something is up.

"I'm sure your aunt takes care of it," Eric assured me and I shrugged my shoulders. Just as he'd predicted, the gym doors were unlocked but it was still dark inside the gym. We had to go into the girl's locker room.

"Wow I always wanted to go into the girl's locker room but I always thought I'd see, well, girls," Eric said and I punched his arm.

"Ow! That was like a long time ago jeez," he grumbled rubbing his arm. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the locker and put in the combination of the day. I did it as quickly as possible because Eric was right, the school was a lot creepier at night even in the locker rooms. We both got into the elevator and felt the weird stomach rush you get as the elevator went down.

"Took you long enough," Blaire muttered as we exited the elevator and took a seat in the meeting room.

"Yeah well we were busy," Eric defended himself and I punched his arm again. I wasn't sure if the girls knew about our relationship. I was aware that Palma knew but I wasn't sure if the rest of the girls knew and I'd rather keep it on the low key.

"You've got to stop doing that, this is my golden arm!" Eric exclaimed rubbing his arm again.

"Are we all done now?" Brooke asked raising an eyebrow at our slightly childish behavior. When no one responded she took it as a sign to continue.

"As you all know by now the Callahan mission had originally started only as a warm up to test your group work skills but once the incident in Oahu happened with Charlee we realized things were much more serious than we'd originally thought. We talked to Agent Wynters who is the head of the program and to Mr. Alexander Kingsely who is the head of Inrerpol. They both agreed that this mission requires our undivided attention and any other unsolved cases should be put aside. That is why I called you all in today. We need to discuss strategy and ideas," Brooke explained and we all nodded our heads. So far we already knew all of this.

"What happened with the tracking device Palma got from Charlee?" Lavender asked and Amber shook her head.

"Other than the information we told you there's been nothing new,"

"Charlee have you heard anything in Linea Acardi?" Blaire asked and I shook my head too.

"They haven't needed me for anything so I haven't gone," I explained.

"Ok we need to change that then. Charlee you need to go to Linea Acardi as much as you can even if they don't specifically need you for any shows. Talk to the designers see what you can dig up. Talk to Jacob more often, I know you haven't hung out much with him since Oahu but this mission is our priority now," Amber instructed and I nodded my head understandingly as Eric stiffened next to me.

"Palma and Tiffany you guys are going to start working as cashiers starting Monday. Lavender you're going to be a designer's assistant up in the second level with Charlee and Blaire you'll work in reception on the third floor in the office of Mr. Callahan. Be careful," Brooke cautioned us, especially Blaire.

"What about me??" Eric asked bewildered.

"Oh yeah you're going to be in valet parking," Amber said causing us girls to snicker.

"Hey!" he complained.

"Would you rather be a janitor?" Amber said smirking and Eric rolled his eyes in frustration.

"Ok this is the last thing we have to tell you guys and it's pretty important," Brooke interrupted getting our full attention. She pulled out another ziplock bag - god those are bad news- and showed it to us. Inside was a silver and red USB.

"This is what the Russian spy was looking for in Callahan's hotel room," she said tossing it to me.

"What's in it?" I asked looking at the device in the bag.

"Not sure, that's up to you and Eric to find out. One of the older agents working with Wynters found it and delivered it to us but we haven't had the chance to check it," Brooke said explaining how she aquired the USB.

"Well why give it to me? Aren't you the techie expert?" I asked her confused. I knew less about computers than I did about cheerleading. And that's saying something.

"I know but Amber and I are heading to Saudi Arabia tonight and I don't have time to check the contents. I want to leave this mission in your hands while I'm gone ok?" she asked me and I gulped. Being responsible for the mission is a pretty big deal but I mean if I fuck it up then the whole team is screwed plus I could get kicked off.

"That also reminds me, while we're gone I want Lavender in charge of the squad. Don't let Zoey and the snobby seniors get to you, You're in charge of the drills and practice dates," she told Lavender and she nodded her head also looking pretty anxious.

"OK that's all you guys now if you'll excuse us we have a plane to catch!" Brooke declared officially ending the meeting. We all got up and began to make our way to the elevator but Amber stopped me.

"I know Brooke wont say anything about this but I feel the need to do it myself," Amber said putting a hand on my shoulder. I raised an eyebrow at her looking confused.

"I don't think its a good idea to involve yourself romantically with your partner or with anyone right now for that matter," Amber said and I sighed. So they had noticed.

"You know better than anyone how dangerous it is to get close to someone in this job. I'm not saying its impossible but it might not be the best time to do it right now ok?" she clarified.

"I know," I said almost whispering.

"I'm not saying you have to break up with him but just think about what's best for the both of you Charlee," Amber said and walked away. I sighed once more and ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

I had too much on my plate right now. I would think about what Amber said later. Right now I just want to find out what's on that USB...