Chapter 18

wow random Tuesday update cuz I finally found time to type :) 

I walked through the entry way and into the small lit room. It was completely empty but there was a door. I reached for the door handle but to my dismay it was locked. I let out a groan in frustration. I did not just walk all the way over here to be stopped by a stupid locked door. 

I reached for my head and pulled out a bobby pin I had used to keep my hair in place earlier...who knows when...at the award show. As horribly predictable as this sounds, I have actually been trained to pick locks with nearly anything from paper clips to nail files. I bent the bobby pin a bit and inserted it in the lock. I jiggled and moved it around a bit until I heard a soft and barely audible click

I cautiously opened the door. 

...fucking empty. I swear to god I was mentally preparing myself to have to deal with that perv again. Thankfully that wasn't the case. This looked to be another storage room but unlike the one I was first dumped in, this room actually looked like it is in use quite often. There were a bunch of boxes with the hotel's logo stamped on the side. This meant I was still in one of the basements of the hotel.

There were also a lot of left over surf equipment so this was definitely still the same hotel but damn it why are there so many basements and isnt it a little weird that they're somehow connected to each other? Whatever I'm just happy they are connected to eachother or else I have no idea how I would even get out of this mess. 

The door leading out of this basement was thankfully left open and I didn't hesitate to run out of there as fast as I could. Maybe if I made it up to my room fast enough I could convince Jacob I left the party because I wasn't feeling well. It's still dark outside so that means the award show is still going. 

The lobby was basically empty, they were all probably busy attending the party.  I casually walked over to the elevator and pressed the button for my floor. Once the elevator doors had shut safely behind me I finally released a huge sigh I didn't know I had been holding. 

I was so not expecting tonight to end up this way. Like I know there is always a possibility for any mission to go wrong whether its big or small but today it seriously took me by surprise.  

The elevator doors opened and I began to walk down the hallway towards my room. I was about to have a panic attack when I noticed cops, hotel workers, Jacob, and tons of other people standing next to my room. 

"Charlee oh my god where have you been?!" Jacob exclaimed as soon as he caught sight of me. 

"No where, I'm fine what's going on?" I asked reffering to all the commotion near my room. 

"What's going on?? You disapear for nearly three days and you ask me what's going on????" Jacob exclaims. 

"Wait three days?? What the hell are you talking about?" I asked shocked. 

"Everyone out!" he orders and everyone disperses. He leads me into the room and slams the door behind us. 

"Charlee!" I hear a voice exclaim and I turn around to face Eric. He runs towards me and hugs me. 

"Eric what are you doing here?" I ask as I hug him back surprised. What the hell is going on, why is Eric in Oahu, why are their police officers outside my door? I'm so fucking confused right now. 

"You were missing for three days, I had to call someone," Jacob explained. 

"What's this about being missing for three days?" I ask looking for some kind of clarification from someone. 

"You tell us! You're with me at the award show one minute next thing you know you leave to the bathroom and we don't hear from you for days. Everyone left already. My father had to head back but he left me here to find out just what happened and cover for him," Jacob shook his head. 

"Cover for him?" I raised an eyebrow.

"If it gets out to anyone that someone disapeared at a show hosted by Linea Acardi, it would not be good for anyone. So before we have to face any of the press tell us what happened," 

"Are you kidding? You're only worried about what would happen if this story leaks?" I asked incredulously. 

"Well I'm glad you're ok and all but my father will murder me if we don't quiet the rumors down," 

"As you can see, I'm perfectly fine. I just got a little drunk and passed out somewhere in the hotel. I probably hit my head or something so I was knocked out for a while," I assured him coming up with the most vague excuse I could muster. 

"I'll probably have to stay here and take care of any other problems but I'll get a jet to take both of you back home," Jacob declared and rushed out of the room most likely to tell his dad that they didn't find my corpse anywhere and I was heading back to Cali, but not in a body bag. 

I turned to face Eric, who had been surprisingly quiet throughout the entire ordeal. I turned to explain myself and he just shook his head before I could say anything. 

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

"I knew I shouldn't have let you go on your own," he shook his head and I finally saw the look of fear in his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me once again. 

"Hey, I'm fine ok?" I whispered as I hugged him back. 

"When Jacob called me saying you were missing you have no idea how many horrible scenerios popped up in my head. I know he was worried too but he wasn't worried like your brother and I were. We actually understand what 'going missing' means for a spy," he laughed dryly. 

"My brother found out??" I asked scared for my life once again. 

"Yeah and he threatened that if you didn't come back alive and in one piece neither would I," 

"Well lucky for you, I'm going back home alive and in one piece," I laughed attempting to lighten the mood. 

"Hey, I know Jacob is dumb enough to fall for that stupid excuse of yours, but you and I both know that you're not a good liar. So tell me what reall happened," Eric said as we sat down on my bed. 

"I told you,  got drunk and passed out somewhere," I pressed on, not wanting to admit how bad of a liar I am. 

"Does this look like someone who was 'drunk and passed out' to you Charlee?" Eric grabbed my shoulders and led me to the full length mirror in my closet. I took one look in the mirror and felt like crawling into a hole for a long long time. 

Wait scratch that, it looked like I just crawled out of a hole after a long long time... 

My once elegant dress was dirty and ripped in several places, my hair was matted and half up, my cheek was swollen, my makeup was all over the place, and I don't even know where my shoes went. 

"Alright I'll tell you what happened but once we get home because I'm pretty sure if you want to know, so will my brother and the rest of the squad so I might as well just tell all of you at the same time. I'm gonna shower so we can head home," I sighed and headed to my closet. I grabbed an extra change of clothes and headed to the bathroom to wash the disgrace of a spy off of me. 

~~~

OK from here on, the plot is about to get...interesting. 

The next update for both of my stories will hopefully be before Christmas. Sorry for the irregular update but they'll be back to normal soon.