Chapter 31

Kind of a long chappie, hope you don't get bored ;)

"Charlee, we're leaving in ten minutes, are you ready yet?" my aunt hollered from downstairs. My eyes bulged from their sockets since I wasn't nearly ready to leave yet. I was done with my hair and makeup but I couldn't find the my shoes and I still needed to find my purse for my spy stuff. One can never be too precaucious.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back as I hopped down the stairs with one shoe on and the other shoe in my hand. I was wearing a simple and long white dress with a slit over where my right leg was. It was elegant yet accentuating. I had white pumps and a black clutch with some of my gear in it. I had my hair up in a fancy up-do and I ported a black necklace that popped against the soft white material of my dress.

All in all Rafi would be proud, and so would Carol whom I havent seen in a while because her services were needed elsewhere and I've managed to handle my makeup on my own much to everyone's surprise (including my own, mind you).

"Charlee it's not polite to arrive late when one is invited over for dinner. Especially tonights dinner with my  boss or should I say our boss since you unofficially work for Interpol as well?" my aunt chatsied me as I got down the stairs and followed her out of the house.

I kept quiet since there is never really a good time to talk back to a spy, mainly one who has a license to kill. Outside it was chilly but not chilly enough to need a jacket. Just a light breeze errupting goosebumps on my arms and legs every so often. It was nothing new to the bipolar Californian weather that I was begining to get accustomed to.

My aunt and I got into the back seat of her car, I couldn't tell what brand it was thanks to the fact that it was already dark but it must've been something flashy because my aunt only ever arrives in style. And fashionably late for that matter.

Speaking of fashion, my aunt was looking especially grand tonight in a midnight blue evening gown with pearl earrings and her hair left down which was a rarrity for her. She usually has a tight formal bun on and fashionable yet formal pencil skirts. She was definitely dressing to the occasion tonight. I was begining to wonder if she was trying to impress her boss or if her boss had left an impression on her, if you're getting my drift...

Our driver began backing the car out of the driveway and I settled into my seat in a comfortable silence as I looked out the window. The starry night was somewhat calming, although I don't really know what was worrying me. I felt my phone buzz in my clutch. I anxiously reached for my phone and felt somewhat disappointed when I saw that it was only Palma texting me.

I guess I was hoping Eric would text me. I really needed to sort things out with him but I just don't know where or how to begin. How do you forgive someone for hurting you? It's not like you can just put on a band-aid. This is a much deeper kind of hurt. Something not so easily forgiven and forgotten. And even if I do manage to forgive him, who's to say I'll trust him as much as I did before?

I unlocked my phone and checked her message. She was just reminding me that we had to show up for the school talent show tomorrow. It reminded me just how annoying it is to be a cheerleader sometimes. Even though it isn't a school game it's still a school event and as cheerleaders we have to show our 'school spirit' and be there for the competitors.

"Charlee we're here. Please don't be using your phone during dinner, it's rude," Aunt Ally reminded me as the car began to park. As I got out of the vehicle I had to restrain myself from letting out an impressed whistle. This was quite the house.

I've seen nice houses before but this was more of a mansion. It was even more impressive looking than Jacob Callahan's home and that's saying something. The house was at least three levels or so it seemed judging by the immense size of the place. I could already see a garden and quite a few fountains. If the exterior was this mesmerizing I couldn't wait to see the inside of the house.