Chapter 37

I limped to the car that was waiting for me outside of Koslov's house. I could barely hold myself up because of the pain but I was in no mood for anyone to help me.

"Where's Blaire and Eric?" I asked my aunt who was in the car with Lavender.

"Your brother took them home because they were hurt, thanks to you," she added the last part and I flinched as if she'd hit me.

"Why didn't he just take them to the hospital then?" I asked as I sat in the car slowly making sure I didn't hurt myself any further.

"Because then we'd have to explain why Eric has a concussion and Blaire has a stab wound. This would only damage Mr. Kingsley's reputation further than it already has," my aunt responded coldly as she started up the car and began driving.

"His reputation is what you're worried about?? Koslov tried to murder my friends and I! Why don't you believe me, you're my aunt. Who are you trusting? A man with pretty eyes you've just met or the niece you've known your entire life?" I all but screamed at her.

"Kingsley is not Koslov and you are not my niece. My niece would never do something this poorly planned and reckless. Blaire could have been killed and so could you and Eric," she hissed and I swear she did everything she could to hit every bump in the road on the ride home.

"Thats the kind of danger that comes with this job all the time, don't suddenly pull that card on me when it's convenient to you. You've trained me my whole life to act on my instincts and the second I do it you're telling me I made the biggest mistake in the world," I told her, I was close to tears but I didn't want Lavender to see me like that. She didn't respond but continued to drive in silence until we got home.

"Charlee, I hope you're happy with what you did today because I'm most certainly not," my aunt said finally as she parked the car.

"Of course I'm not happy with what happened but I still believe that what we found out is right, whether you want to believe it or not," I responded and got out of the car angrily. Well as angrily as I can look since I was basically waddling into the house.

Once inside I found Blaire and Eric in my room. It turns out Eric only had a small bruise on his forehead and a few other minor cuts while Blaire had a pretty bad stabbing wound on her side that was already bandaged up. With Eric's help we moved Blaire into the guest room where my aunt had been staying for the past week.

"Where are the other girls?" I asked him as we sat down on my bed.

"Your brother sent them home. He told them not to come back here to talk to you under any circumstances. Blaire and I have to leave as soon as we're better," he told me and I sighed.

"I can't believe they're doing this to me!" I wanted to officially cry now.

"Hey even if I have to give myself a permanent concussion so I never leave, I'll do it. I'm not leaving you here to deal with this by yourself. We'll figure something out ok?" he said holding out his arms for me.

I allowed him to pull me into his arms and stroke my hair as I let out tears on his shoulder. It hurt my side to cry too hard since something was obviously wrong with my ribs but I didn't care. I wanted to cry and let out all my frustrations.

"Did you get hurt?" Eric asked me pulling me off him so he could see my face.

"I think I did something to my ribs," I told him.

"Can I?" he asked pointing to my shirt and I nodded my head. It's nothing he hasn't seen anyways.

He carefully pulled my jacket off so he wouldn't hurt me and set it aside. Then he took off my shirt and carefully placed it on the bed. He lifted my arms so he could take a look at my sides. My sides were covered up in yellow green bruises.

"I don't think you broke your ribs but you definitely bruised them," he said gently tracing his fingers on my side making me slightly shiver.

"You're going to rest and they'll be fine soon," he promised handing me my shirt back.

"It's late, we should go to sleep. I'll figure out something in the morning," I sighed and he nodded his head. He helped me lay down under the covers and we stayed in silence. I was beginning to drift off to sleep but I couldn't because I kept thinking about how badly it stung that my aunt and brother didn't believe me.

If only he didn't have my aunt so wrapped around his finger dammit. Stupid Koslov and his pretty face. Stupid Koslov with his charm and fancy gifts. I bet if he hadn't given my aunt a necklace big enough to fit his own ego we wouldn't be in this mess.

The necklace!

"Holy shit it's the necklace!" I exclaimed sitting up.

"Eric wake up, Eric!" I smacked his shoulder and he groaned.

"What is it Charlee?" he asked sounding slightly annoyed.

"It's the necklace!" I told him frantically and he gave me a weird look.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Eric questioned me confused.

"The USB is in the necklace dammit!" I shouted and started to get out of bed even though my body protested.

"Can you please elaborate, I have no clue what you're saying,"

"Kingsley gave my aunt a huge ass ruby necklace when we went to his house for dinner the night I saw his gun collection. He was never trying to hide the collection. He intentionally let me wander around the house to find his weapons' vault so that I would try to get proof to convince my aunt that he's actually Koslov. It was a trap!

He had me set up so that we couldn't prove he's Koslov all while keeping the second USB right under our noses. Plus now that my aunt doesn't believe me it doesn't matter what I say because the weapons are gone," I explained rapidly.

"So you're saying we had the second USB all along?" he asked.

"Not us, my aunt. She's still in the house we need to get it before its too late," I instructed him as I ran out of my room.

"I'm so confused," Eric sighed but he was right behind me. I ran into my aunt's room where Blaire was currently sleeping and looked around the room as quietly as I could.

"God damn it woman, we'll never find it this way," Eric said moving me aside as he began to tear apart the room not caring if her woke Blaire up.

"What's going on?" Blaire mumbled as she sat up in her bed.

"We think we know where the second USB is," I told her.

"We don't think we know where it is, it's right here," Eric said as he pulled a red ruby necklace out from behind a pile of books. He tossed me the necklace and I caught it.

I tried everything I could to open it but no matter how I twisted or turned it the ruby wouldn't budge. I was beginning to worry my theory was wrong.

"Here let me see it," Blaire extended her hand out and I gave her the necklace. Without a second thought Blaire chucked it against the wall.

"Blaire no-!" I yelled but before I could stop her the ruby shattered into a million pieces and a small red box the exact same color of the ruby remained.

"Wow he's a liar and he's cheap. If it had been real ruby diamonds it wouldn't have been able to shatter," Blaire shook her head. Eric couldn't help but laugh at her remark as I bent down to pick up the ruby red box. I slowly removed the case from the box and inside was the second USB.

"We found it you guys," I smiled as I picked it up triumphantly.

Game on Koslov

~~~~~~

I UPDATED A DAY EARLY BECAUSE I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE KIND OF DYING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Only a few chapters left till the end now, maybe 5 at most. I'd like to dedicate this chapter to everyone! Yes everyone because thanks to each and every one of you I managed to get 100K reads on this book which is more than I imagined I could get because I honestly didn't think this book was good but you all proved me wrong so thank you :)

If I have enough time I'll do a double update this week, if not until next Tuesday

~Lorna~