Chapter 12

I waited anxiously infront of the gates for what might be my hardest mission yet. I know that this would be a piece a cake to any of the other girls but that's the thing, I'm not one of the other girls. I know flirting comes like a second nature to them but to me it's always a struggle. I don't know what they mean when they compare Eric and I because it's differen't with Eric. I don't know how to explain it but things are just easier with him.

"Sorry Spygirl but I'm not going with you. I can't go in there and watch you two flirt or whatever the hell you and your friends got planned. You're on your own on this one. I'll be in the car, call me when you're done," he sighed running his hands through his hair as he walked back towards his parked car. I take that back, Eric Alonzo does not make things easier for me...

"Miss, are you coming in?" a voice cut into my thoughts. I looked up to see a middle aged man wearing a well fitted suit. He'd opened up the security gates and was waiting for me to come in.

"Oh yes, thank you," I smiled politely and followed him in. I didn't have time to decipher Eric's weird mood swings, I was in spy mode right now. If I screwed up then I was dead meat.

"So, you have paper work for Mr. Callahan?" the man asked me.

"Yes, from Linea Acardi," I nodded giving as little detail as possible.

"You can hand it over to me and I'll assure you it will get to him," he offered. I bit my lip quickly trying to think of an excuse.

"That would make my job a whole lot easier but I was instructed to hand it directly over to him myself, on penalty of my job," I explained and it wasn't a total lie. My job did depend on me handing these papers over... just not the job he was thinking of.

"Ah I see, well Mr. Callahan is at a meeting right now so if you wish to wait for him to arrive home you may do so,"

"Ok thanks," I replied. This was perfect. I could use this time to explore the house and if I'm lucky I'll run into Jacob or whatever his name is. The butler, or atleast I assume he's a butler, led me into the living room of the house.

"Just wait here," he instructed and with that he sped off in the other direction. If there's one thing you don't tell a girl to do, it's to wait. And you especially don't tell a spy girl to wait. So after I counted to ten in my head I slowly got up from the couch and walked out of the living room.

As I walked through the hallways I made sure to make as little noise as possible. I passed the hall and it led me to the dining room then the kitchen but no one was there. There was a set of stairs probably leading up to the bedrooms but I wasn't bold enough to explore up there yet.

I mean what was I going to say if I accidently opened a door and it led to Jacob's room? I know the point of this mission is to find Jacob, but walking in on him changing probably won't be the best first impression so I decided that sneaking around the first level was most likely a better idea.

I finally found a bathroom down another hallway and decided there was no better time to bug the bathroom than now. I opened the bathroom door but noticed the stupid thing didn't have a lock. Let's just hope and pray that no one feels the need to take a piss any time soon.

I quietly closed the door and grabbed my makeup bag. I spilled its contents over the bathroom countertop in search for the items I was looking for. After finding the nearly microscopic bugs I shoved everything back inside the bag. I had around twelve of them and knowing that I was running out of time, I began to quickly place them in different places all over the bathroom.

I had only one left but I wasn't sure where to place it. I had already left them nearly everywhere else imaginable. In the end I decided I would leave one in the shower. These only recorded sound not images, so hopefully no one will find this bug or else I'm screwed.