Chapter 36

warning: chapter full of some mild violence, nothing too bad but if you don't like reading this kind of stuff you might want to skip the first half of the update. Also fairly long update since I left you all on a cliffhanger last time.

"Charlee!" Blaire held onto my hand as soon as the lights went out and I held onto it tightly. We tried to move away from the windows and feel our way back to the door through the darkness.

The little light coming in through the windows was helping our eyes adjust to the pitch blackness of the room.

"Damn we should've brought night vision goggles," I muttered and I think I saw Blaire nod her head.

"Charlee someone else is in here," Blaire whispered and in the flicker of a second I saw a shadow from the darkness emerge.

"Eric?" I whispered hopefully but if the figure had been Eric he would've said something. Who the hell is there? Its too tall to be Mr. Kingsley.

"No, not Eric. But he'll be joining us soon," a Russian accent responded from the shadows and I accidentally let out a gasp. I knew that voice. I know who is here with us.

"Blaire, the door. We need to get out of here right now," I whispered and we moved faster. I tried to look for the figure again but he had disappeared back into the darkness.

"Don't bother. Neither of you are leaving this room. Not alive anyway," I heard the voice snicker. He was close, so close I could almost imagine him next to me.

My hand felt around the room and I finally felt the doorknob around my hand. I pulled on it, relief filling my chest. As I turned the doorknob to free us open the lights came on.

I don't know if it was because we had been in the dark for so long or what but the lights came on painfully bright. I swung the door open and tried to run out knowing that if I hesitated he would grab us.

I made it past the threshold of the door still holding onto Blaire but before I could continue she screamed.

"It's a pleasure meeting you Blaire. Charlee here didn't introduce us when I last talked to her. How rude of you Charlee," I turned around to see the familiar boy who had ruined my trip to Oahu not so long ago. He was holding Blaire against the wall with a knife at her throat.

I pulled my dagger out of my boot and pointed it at him but he didn't even spare it a glance. I could've been holding a damn paper clip and he probably would've been more concerned.

"I might've introduced her to you if, you know, you hadn't kicked me in the face and locked me up in the basement of a hotel," I retorted as I stared him down. I needed to keep him talking to me while I thought of someway around him.

"My manners are truly horrible, sorry. I'm Kadir Koslov," he smirked waiting for our reactions.

"Koslov? You're Koslov?" Blaire asked raising an eyebrow. She looked pretty calm, well as calm as one can be with a knife pointed at your throat.

"Not the Koslov you're after. That's my father but trust me, he won't mind if I get rid of a couple of nosy spies for him," he smiles and digs the knife in a little into Blaire's neck causing her to wince. I see the trickle of blood trailing down to her shirt and that's all I need to get into my fighting pose.

I'm no martial arts expert but I know how to fight. Kadir looked at me with mild amusement before tossing Blaire aside roughly against the wall and began running towards me. I didn't have time to help Blaire because in seconds he almost had me pinned to the floor.

I kicked him in the side and he winced but tried to stab me with his knife. I moved to the left just as the knife hit the floor where my head was just seconds ago. I used my elbow to hit him in the ribs hard enough to make him gasp.