Chapter 41

Eric's POV

"Charlee is not going to be happy about this at all," Lavender sighed as we sprinted down the halls of the third floor. It took us forever to finally find the seating chart of today's fashion show and when we did we almost regretted it.

Sure enough, Koslov or 'Kingsley' as it said on the seating chart, had a seat reserved in the second row. Most of the guests had pictures under their names although Kinglsey's was conveniently left anonymous. He was seated right behind Mr. Callahan. That wasn't the bad part though. We were definitely expecting something like that. The concerning part was the fact that the seat next to Koslov read: Reserved Seat for Guest Wynters. That meant Koslov was bringing someone else with him and who else's last name is Wynters? Obviously Charlee but I doubt Kingsley is bringing her to the fashion show.

"When she finds out her aunt is going to be here, Charlee will flip," I shook my head. We needed to get to her dressing room before the show starts. I don't even know if we have a plan yet.

"Eric, how are we supposed to blend in if Charlee's aunt is here? She'll spot us for sure and then this whole mission will be compromised," Lavender asked exasperated.

"As if I know. We just need to get this seating chart to the other girls and see what we can do," I told her as we neared Charlee's dressing room.

I cautiously knocked on the door, not wanting to walk in on her changing. Well not that I would mind but we're on an assignment right now. I can't get distracted dammit.

"Who is it?" I heard Charlee's voice call from inside.

"Its Eric, we're back with you're um... stuff?" I trailed off not knowing what to say and Lavender glared at me.

"What!?" I asked her.

"Stuff? Really? How many years of training did it take for you to come up with that one," she rolled her eyes. I was ready to throw a snarky remark at her when the door opened up revealing Charlee in a black and pink mini dress.

"Um where's the rest of your outfit?" I raised my eyebrow as we stepped inside.

"This is it," she responded equally annoyed.

"You're crazy if you think I'm letting you walk out in that... and only that," I said shaking my head immediately.

"You're crazy if you think you have a say in this. It's my outfit. I don't even have a say in it. Put your complaints up with Fabio and Rafael," she responded and I scowled.

"Eric you can play over protective boyfriend some other time, right now we have other things to deal with than Charlee's slutty dress," Blaire said clapping her hands to get everyone's attention.

"It's not slutty," Charlee defended herself.

"Whatever, let me see that seating chart," Tiffany ignored her and extended her hand out to Lavender who then passed her the piece of paper. After a few seconds of glancing at it, Tiffany let out a silent string of cuss words once she realized what we had earlier.

"What's wrong?" Charles asked her.

"Your aunt is here. This just got twenty times harder. Now we have to hide from Koslov and your aunt," she explained.

"Wait how many other seats are available?" Palma asked.

"Why?"

"I think I have an idea," she muttered and she reached for the chart.

"Ok so in the front row is Callahan and the seat to his right is reserved for Jacob and a guest. On the other side of Callahan is a seat reserved for Denamarquis. Behind Callahan is Koslov and Agent Wynters is to his left. We have a seat reserved to Lilly Anne Williams to his right.  If we can manage to get those seats that are next to Koslov and Callahan we can try to prevent anything from happening to him from up close," Palma began thinking out loud.

"But the seats are already reserved and even if they weren't, Koslov would recognize any of us," Lavender countered.

"Not if we find a way to momentarily get rid of those guests," Palma told her.

"Ok say we somehow managed to get rid of Lilly whats her face and Denmark Dude, how do we manage to get past Koslov?" I asked confused.

"I think a little makeup magic could help," Tiffany smiled and I remembered that disguises were her specialty.

~~~~~

"Ok so we have an hour and a half until the show starts. Tiffany and I will run back to Eric's house to get our equipment. When we get back Tiffany will do the makeovers so that Palma and Eric can pose as the two guests," Lavender explained.

"While you two are gone, I'm going to hack into this place's security system and find out where Lilly Anne and Denamarquis are located in this building so that Blaire and Palma can track them down. You two can use any force necessary to knock them out and bring them back here with out any one noticing. And when I say knock them out, I mean only knock them out. We will not be held accounted for any deaths. Am I clear? I'm looking at you Blaire," I explained.

"You missed the entire show where I so obviously knocked Jacob out instead of killing him. I'm not as trigger happy as you all think," Blaire defended herself.

"Well you should've killed him. He's the only person who's death I wouldn't mind being held accounted for," I smirked.

"And we're back to jealous boyfriend... we'll be back in twenty minutes. Make sure Eric doesn't kill Jacob while we're gone," Lavender waved good bye as she and Tiffany headed out.

"Not like I have time to kill him anyways," I muttered as I got my equipment out. I managed to pack somethings just in case I needed them and thankfully I did bring my laptop. In just a few minutes, I'll be able to see anything the security cameras see in the building.

"Put on the intercoms so I can direct you to where each subject is at. Blaire your target is Denamarquis and Palma you have Lilly," I instructed as I handed them each a pair of intercoms.

"You can use some paralyzing perfume or some chloroform scarves if you want," Charlee offered, digging through her purse. Palma carefully accepted the scarf but Blaire shook her head saying she was going to handle it the 'old fashioned way'. I don't want to know what that is.

"Ok remember we only have a limited amount of time to pull this off," I reminded them.

"Please Eric. We're girls, we can do anything a guy can do. Plus we do it in heels. I think we can handle a few fashion observing hipsters. Have a little faith," Blaire smirked as she and Palma headed out the door.

~~~~

I personally love Blaire's character and you guys will get to see a lot more of her in the next book of the Just Undercover series: Just Tourists. I need some help coming up with the cast. Any suggestions?? Also what do you think should become of Jacob?

Just one chapter left and then the epilogue! I'm kind of sad to be ending this book but technically Charlee and the other's story doesn't end here. They have plenty more adventures to come so don't worry :) I'm super proud of the book and thankful for all the reads!

This week's dedication goes out to.... @bandaids_andbulletholes because I love her username first of all and she's been checking out my other works too for a while now and I appreciate that so much <3

I enjoyed reading all the countries you guys are from! I had no idea people in that many places read my books. Love all of you (so many from the UK!)

Until next Tuesday

~Lorna~