Chapter 3

"Charlee! Hurry up you're going to be late for school and I have to go to work!" Georgie interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm coming!" I glanced at the mirror one last time before heading down stairs to meet my brother who was just finishing up his breakfast.

"Hey how come you got to eat pancakes?" I complained.

"Because I didn't take two hours to get my hair done,"

"Do you not see the huge ass difference Carol did? I deserve pancakes after all of that!"

"Charlee you've always been beautiful ok? Adding makeup and curling your hair isn't what makes you beautiful,"

"Aww Georgie! I love you too and while that was flattering my stomach doesn't give a shit. It wants pancakes," I fluttered my eyelashes and smiled sweetly.

"Jesus Charlee, at least you got the bitchy part down about being a cheerleader,"

"I try, now where's my food? I refuse to cooperate on an empty stomach,"

"Alright alright, don't get your panties in a twist I'll stop for Starbucks on the way to school," he said trying not to laugh as he grabbed the keys to what I assume is his car.

"What's Starbucks?" I asked him confused, following him out of the house.

"What deep dark hole have mom and dad kept you in little sister?" he asked me incredulously and I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. It's hard to tell with him since he is a profiler after all. He can read people easier than actual books and this totally helps him hide his emotions. And that's coming from me, his very own sister.

.

.

.

"This is Starbucks, I expect you to have everything on their menu memorized by the end of the day or else I'm personally taking you out of the mission before you can even put on a skimpy cheerleading outfit," he lectured me as we stepped out of his fancy convertible and into what looked like a café.

"Even the prices?" I asked him eagerly. It's been so long since I had an actual challenge. My specialty is working on the field. I love analyzing people and things while on the go. You have to work fast and always be on your toes. For example knowing how many exits there are in a room, knowing whether someone is lying (without a lie detector) and memorizing iphone pass code locks just to mention a few.

"Are you being serious? What kind of question is that? Of course I expect you to know the prices too," he shook his head in mock disappointment. We walked into the café and I quickly skimmed over the menu. There were a lot of drinks, not to mention sandwiches and pastries as well.

"What's that guy's story?" my brother interrupted my studies pointing to a man sitting in front of a table. We used to play this game a lot when we were younger. Georgie would point to a random person we saw and I had to describe the details behind the person only by analyzing what I saw.

"I don't know, you're the profiler Georgie!" I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, just try," he urged me. Well the line was pretty long; I could memorize the menu in a bit.

"Ok fine but don't get mad if I'm way off," I warned him. He nodded and urges me to begin. I took a good look at the man before beginning.

"Well he's dressed casually and he's reading a book. He's taking his time too. This means he either works late or doesn't have a job. He has one of those on the go cups which he's refilled at least twice so he's probably stressed about something. I don't see a wedding ring but he does have a tan line where it should be so I'm guessing he's divorced or widowed," I guessed.