Chapter 39

"Jacob, put that gun down," Eric warned Jacob in a calm manner that sent chills down my spine.

"Not until I get what I want," I heard his familiar voice from behind me.

"Jacob please," I pleaded. I did not come this far to get my brains blown out of my head and definitely not by Jacob.

"What do you want," Tiffany asked him.

"I want the USB," he replied while he held the cold gun to my head.

"Why, what does this have anything to do with you?" I asked him trying to keep my voice steady.

"The last time I checked I was the one holding the gun. I don't have to answer your stupid questions. I'm sick of you and your little games Charlee. I'm glad I finally have the upper hand," he said and his breath tickled my neck making me want to throw up.

"Well you can shoot me but you won't be able to take the USB. There's six of us in this room, you can't shoot all of us," I told him trying to buy us time. He really can't shoot all of us but he can sure as hell shoot me.

"And she's not the only one with a gun either. If you try to shoot her I'll splatter crazy Jacob brains all over these walls and trust me your shade of brain will ruin the decor of the room so I suggest you put that gun down now," Blaire said smiling as she pulled out her own gun and pointed it at Jacob.

"If we give you the USB you have to put the gun down and leave with out hurting anyone," Eric told him.

"Fine but if you don't give me the USB, I'll make sure to kill all of you. Starting with your pretty girlfriend here," Jacob snickered and yanked a strand of my hair. Blaire and Jacob set their guns down and I moved away from Jacob.

"Now give me my USB," he said angrily.

"Tell us why you want it first," Tiffany pressed.

"Like I said before, I don't have to answer any stupid questions from any of you," he rolled his eyes.

"Why? It's not like it will hurt you to tell us anything. We already know most of it," I bluffed hoping he'd open up.

"You probably already opened up the contents right? And you saw that weapon? But you have no idea what it does do you?" he said with a glint of passion in his eyes.

"I'm a bio chemist, I have the big idea but please, enlighten us," Palma urged him.

"That weapon design was made by dad and I. It wasn't supposed to be a weapon at first, it was designed to target and help a sick person's immune system and fight a foreign invader attacking their body. However when my dad's business partner Koslov took a look at it he said it had a potential for much more.

He changed the weapon into something that could be used for both political and combat warfare. We could make so much money on this device. With the money from the oil mines we were able to begin creating the weapons. My dad and Mr. Saab didn't approve so they decided to fire Koslov. If he didn't have the money from the oil mines then he couldn't continue making these weapons.

My father is a fool. Instead of investing in a brilliant advancement in science he chose to come here to the U.S and make a business. It will fail eventually and then what? Our family name will never be remembered? With Koslov however, our name will go down in history. Mr. Saab is taken care of, once my dad is out of the way Mr. Koslov will inherit the oil companies legally because of that contract and we can continue making the bioweapons," Jacob finished and we all looked at each other horrified.

"You'd want to kill your own father just so that you can be remembered in what? 20 years? You're crazy and you won't get away with this," I shook my head.

"We already did, we already have many of these weapons built and just waited to be tested. Are you volunteering as a subject?" he snickered.

"Why do you even need the USB then?" I asked confused. If he had the weapons what did the USB matter.

"My father and Mr. Saab destroyed all of the research our scientists went through to create those weapons. What you're holding is my original design altered to be a bioweapon. We need it to make more and I also don't want it to fall into the wrong hands so if you don't mind," he said and extended his hand.

"That's ironic considering you're all types of wrong Jacob Callahan," I sneered and he rolled his eyes once more.

"I'm getting increasingly bored and impatient. Give me my fucking USB before I change my mind," he hissed.

"I think I'd rather die then give you or Koslov that power," I said angrily and threw the USB up in the air. Thinking fast, Blaire grabbed her gun and shot at the USB. The bulled managed to hit the USB, shattering the device into millions of pieces.

"You're all idiots," Jacob yelled as he reached for his gun. I knew he was going to do something like that but it still didn't give me enough time to prepare myself. Jacob grabbed the gun and pointed it at me. Before I could do anything I felt myself being shoved aside and then I heard a gun shot.

~~~~~~~~

I was gonna stop here but I've made you all deal with so many cliffhangers lately so I shall continue..

~~~~~~~~~~

Eric slumped to the ground and I screamed throwing myself down too. I dragged him away from Jacob and I saw Blaire and Lavender head towards his directions. I felt a moment of panic as I saw my friends go towards the psycho who had a gun. I turned away from my friends and looked down at Eric.

"Eric keep your eyes open, you're losing some blood you can't close your eyes," I desperately instructed. The bullet hit his shoulder but he was bleeding like crazy. I took off his jacket and ripped off the sleeve of his shirt. I could see the bullet embedded into his shoulder but I didn't know if taking it out would make him bleed more so I used the ripped shirt to bandage it up so I could at least stop the bleeding.

I looked up and I noticed Blaire and Palma had Jacob cornered but Lavender was slumped on the ground in pain. Some time during the fight Eric's sister had come down and she and Tiffany were crouched over to Lavender. When Tiffany made eye contact with me she held her thumb up indicating they were ok.

"I'll be right back," I clutched Eric's hand and ran towards Blaire and Palma.

"Even though you destroyed the USB you can't stop what will happen tomorrow. You're all too late!" Jacob yelled before grabbing a white object from his pocket and swallowing it. I screamed and tried to lunge at him but it was too late. His body slumped over and went limp.

"Did he kill himself??!" Blaire asked and I put my fingers to his neck.

"No, there's a pulse. His heart is still beating. It must be a sedative, he could be out for days. This might be what they injected in me in Oahu," I told them.

"Palma you need to take a look at Eric. He has a bullet wound in his shoulder," I told her and she nodded her head and rushed off.

"Lavender are you okay?" I turned to her and she nodded her head.

"He kicked me in the face but I should be fine," she said getting up slowly.

"So what do we do with the little bastard?" Blaire asked looking at the unconscious Jacob on Eric's floor.

"I'd be glad to tie him up and throw him in a lake or something but he's evidence we can use against Koslov. We'll keep him here until this blows over but we need to keep him on a tight leash," I told them.

"I'm on it," Blaire smiled and dragged Jacob away.

"What's left now?" Tiffany asked me worriedly.

"We need to find out whats happening tomorrow," I replied.

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all for the votes and comments so as promised here's an early update!!!

This week's dedication goes to @Misslitforever because she guessed it was Jacob so good job! :)

Thank you for your amazing support as usual!

~Lorna~