Chapter 23

After a few minutes of talking some more with Melody she said she was gonna catch some sleep and headed off to her room. I sighed knowing I had to go up and face Eric now. Not just because I promised Melody I would but he was my ride home so I had to talk to him either way.

I headed upstairs in an attempt to find his room. It shouldn't be too much of a problem but my biggest fear was accidently walking into his parent's room instead. I had seen Melody walk into the first room so that wasn't it and across from that was the bathroom (I checked). So now it was between the door on the far end of the wall or the one next to the bathroom. I crossed my fingers and opened the one next to the door.

Thankfully it was Eric's room. It was a typical teenage boy's room. It was dark because the blinds had been closed but I could make out band posters on the wall, a tv, a desk, and clothes sprawled at random all over the floor. Eric was face down on the bed as some heavy rock music blasted in the room. I still have no idea how people can sleep like that, I always feel like I'm suffocating whenever I attempt to sleep face down.

I closed the door behind me and carefully made my way through his piles of clothes on the floor. I sat down on the bed beside him and poked his side awkwardly not knowing how else to get his attention.

"Whts go gou hant?" he said the question muffled under the pillow.

"I can't hear you, turn around," I told him trying to make him lay down face up but he suddenly turned into putty and began weighing three times heavier refusing to sit up.

"Ugh Eric, come on!" I grunted as I used all my weight to flip him around.

"God you're fat," I complained as I finally managed to get him into a proper position to talk.

"What do you want?" he asked annoyed. I rolled my eyes and turned off his music so I could actually hear him. After turning off the music I sat back down on the bed only to realize Eric had gone back to laying down with his face on the pillow.

"Fuck Eric, I just turned my back for five seconds and you're doing that again!" I groaned. Instead of trying to get him to sit up again (seeing how much work it took) I took a different approach. I simply backed away from the bed to give me a running start before launching myself onto the bed and landing on him.

"OWW!" Eric yelped standing right up pushing me off of him in the process. After brushing himself off he layed down on the bed but I sat on him to prevent him from doing the same thing over again. God he's such a five year old.

"Ugh what are you doing Charlee?" he asked annoyed.

"Well first of all I have no ride back home and second of all why did you invite me over to have dinner with you and your family when you totally ditched me and holed yourself up here?" I asked him not mentioning how rude he was in general.

"You wouldn't understand it, my family is so dysfunctional while you have a great family who's always there for you," he said rolling his eyes as he played with my hands.

"No ones family is perfect obviously, mine is apeshit crazy too but that doesn't mean they don't care about you and even though you're mad at your sister you can't possibly say you don't love her," I reminded him and he sighed.

"She lied about being dead for two freaking years Charlee! How would you feel if I ever did that to you?" he asked and I thought about it. He did have a point in being mad but its not like Melody did it on purpose.

"Ok yes I'd want to kill you but then I'd have to understand you did it to protect me. The important thing is that Melody is alive and you're letting that opportunity slip away as if she were actually dead," I told him and he nodded his head but was still frowning.

"Look I know I shouldn't be mad but I still am and I will forgive her but not yet ok?" he said and sighed but nodded. I couldn't force him to forgive Melody, they had to work things out themselves but at least he understood she didn't lie to him to make him mad on purpose.

"Eric it's late, I think you should take me home now," I told him as I glanced at the clock next to his bed.

"No, stay here," he whined grabbing me off his stomach and snuggling up with me instead.

"I don't think your parents would want that," I giggled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his head in the crook of my neck.

"I don't think they'll mind, they love you," he smirked. I raised my eyebrows since he wasn't at dinner, how would he know what his parents thought of me?

"I heard them talk about you when they were walking to their room a while ago," he shrugged his shoulders.

"How can you hear anything with your music so loud in here?" I asked teasingly.

"I'm a spy, nothing gets by me," Eric winked making me laugh at his conceited self.

"No but seriously you're gonna go deaf, don't play your music so loud babe,"

"Don't tell me what to do, I'm too punk rock for you," he said kissing my cheek. He started kissing my jaw and then my neck traveling lower. I wasn't sure where this was going but we weren't going to find out since just then my phone dinged and the only people who had this number were my family, Eric, and the girls so was someone important.

I reluctantly seperated myself from Eric and grabbed my phone from my butt pocket and checking who it was from.

"You know I could've done that for you right?" Eric said smirking and I slapped his arm softly making him laugh.

"It's Blaire, she says Brooke wants us down in school right now," I told him reading the text message.

"Why now? Its freaking late," Eric groaned.

"Come on, it could be something important," I told him putting my phone away and making him get up.

"Fine but we're finishing this when we get back," he told me and I looked at him pretending to be confused just to annoy him.

"Finish what?" I asked playing dumb.

"This," he said leaning in and kissing me and before I could even react he pulled away.

"If you want more than we better hurry back home," he said winking.

"Then I guess we better get going right?" I said smirking as we headed out of his room and made it out of the house quietly.