Chapter 35 pt 2

"Park the car here," I instructed Lavender since I knew how far away from the house we were. We had to wait for Tiffany to give us the all clear sign so we could go into the house but right now all we heard through the intercoms was static.

"Lavender if you see any car or person getting too close to the house once we're in there, remember to give us a warning," Blaire reminded her. Lavender, dressed up like a jogger, nodded her head. She was wearing sweat pants and a sports bra so that if anyone approached her and asked her who she was or where she lived she could just tell them she was simply jogging in the neighborhood.

The rest of us were wearing dark clothes. I'm not talking about the typical spy/ninja outfit. That would've been obvious but we were all wearing dark clothes so that we could blend into the darkness if we needed to.

"Ok guys, I'm about to take down the cameras and security system. Lavender I need to you to run a perimeter check around the house to make sure there's no one around," I heard Tiffany's voice in my ear.

"Gotcha," Lavender said and got out of the car. She broke off into a jog in the direction of the house and we all sat in silence waiting.

"It's all good," we heard her state a few minutes later.

"OK I'm going to take down the security system, you guys can make your way to the house now. Lavender please make your way back to the get away vehicle," Tiffany said and we all got out of the car nervously.

As we started to walk down towards the house I began talking to myself so that I could refrain myself from being nervous. This was just going to be an easy in and out mission. I know where the room we need to go is located. I know my way through the house. We're all good.

We stepped in front of the house and waited. There was a gated fence so we needed Tiffany to open up the gates for us.

"Alright the security is down. You can safely enter now. We're controlling the cameras so we can see everything you can. The cameras will delete everything they see as its happening so there will be no trace of you in there as long as you're careful. But we can only keep it this way for so long. You have approximately 25 minutes in there before the security system goes back to normal," she instructed via intercom and Eric moved the gate easily aside.

Even though Tiffany just told us the security system was taken care of, I still expected the alarms to blare or something. However as we stepped into the house we were greeted with an eerie silence.

"Is the house empty too?" I asked through the intercom.

"We didn't see anything in the cameras so yeah, the house should be all clear," Palma responded. I nodded my head.

"Charlee, you and Blaire should go to the weapons room and find the evidence we need," Eric said as we walked through the living room. Everything felt ten times creepier since it was immensely quiet and I felt like someone would creep up on us from no where.

"Wait what about you?" I asked him.

"I'm going to try to find that second USB. If Kingsley is really Koslov then the second USB has to be somewhere in this house right?" he asked.

"But you don't know your way around the house, if you get lost and don't get out in time you'll be trapped in here with the security system on," I told him trying to shut down his idea.

"Charlee, if we don't find that second USB, we'll never know what we're up against. I need to go find it," he said stopping me and holding my hand.

"Fine, but you need to keep me updated on intercom," I told him and he nodded his head.

"Do you know where his office is? That could be a good place to start," he asked and I nodded my head.

"To the right there is a stair case, his office will be on the second level to the left," I explained and he walked off silently blending in with the darkness of the empty house.

"Charlee we need to hurry up before the security system comes back on," Blaire reminded me and I nodded my head. I took the lead and motioned for her to follow me. We walked through the kitchen and a few other hallways as I mentally retraced my steps until we reached the weapons room.

I reached for the door and pulled on it but it was locked.

"What the hell?" I muttered. All the other doors in the house had been left unlocked. I gulped and took a step back from the door.

"Palma, can you tell me whats on the other side of the door Blaire and I are currently standing in front of?" I whispered through intercom.

"Uh theres no camera in that room we can't see what in there," Palma whispered after a few seconds.

"Eric are you okay over there?" I asked in the intercom.

"Yeah the office didn't have anything, I'm trying to find the bedroom," he said and I nodded my head.

We're running out of time quickly but its concerning me that this door is both locked and has no camera.

"We need to break into the room," I told Blaire.

"Hmmm this would't be a problem if I had my blow torch," she sassed me and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh shush we can pick the lock the old fashioned way," I sighed getting on my knees and reaching for a bobby pin. After wiggling the bobby pin in the lock I heard a click. I slowly opened the door.

"I think it's clear," I said and we walked into the room.

"What the hell???!" I whisper-screamed as I took in my surroundings.

"It's empty," Blaire muttered.

"Are you sure this is the right room?" she asked me.

"Yes. I swear this is the room but it was full of weapons last time," I told her. We looked around for signs of anything but the room was completely clean. Not even a dust bunny to be found.

"This is creepy, why would he keep an empty room locked?" Blaire asked.

"I don't know," I sighed and all of a sudden I noticed something creepier.

The static had stopped.

All through out the day there was static in the intercoms whenever we weren't talking. It meant that the intercoms were working. But now, all of a sudden, the intercoms were completely silent.

"Palma can you hear me? Tiffany?" I asked and waited for a response but after a few minutes with no response we began to worry.

"Eric are you okay?" I spoke into the intercom only to be greeted with silence again.

"Maybe they died?" Blaire suggested but we both knew that was false hope. Someone interfered with our system.

"Blaire, I think someone else is here too," I whispered and suddenly the lights went out.

~~~~

sorry for the cliffhanger don't kill me lol. I'll update the next chapter on Tuesday so just a few days and you'll find out what happens. Any ideas??

Theres only a few chapters left but don't worry, I'm already working on the next book in the Just Undercover series: Just Tourists

If anyone is interested in making me a cover I'd be happy to take a look at it! If you make a cover I'd be happy to make you a character or give you a dedication. The character would be for the next book of course :)

AND CAN WE JUST TAKE A MINUTE TO THANK WATTPAD FOR FINALLY PUTTING SPELL CHECK ON THIS DAMN SITE IT WAS ABOUT TIME YESS I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SO MANY GRAMMAR ERRORS WOO

Ok until next time

~Lorna~