Chapter 28

"So you really are going to be going with Jacob tonight then?" Lavender asked me as her and Tiffany helped me get ready. Although Tiffany and Lavender didn't have an invite, per say, they were still planning on being around Linea Acardi for backup in case I needed it.

Whether it was emotional or physical back up I'm not sure. I think I need both.

"I just can't believe that skank is actually going with Eric," Tiffany all but hissed. Yes they all found out about me dating Eric and even worse they found out about our fall out. They didn't take it well to say the least.

"He can do whatever the hell he wants," I rolled my eyes but it definitely hurt a little when Eric confirmed that Helena would be coming. I was sort of hoping she wouldn't make it and Eric would have to cancel too. Sadly luck isn't working with me tonight.

There was also that thought in the back of my mind that maybe Helena had been honest with me before. Maybe I was letting myself and my friends believe that she was being a bitch when she hadn't? Well she wasn't exactly a saint. She had kissed my boyfriend but said boyfriend had been giving mixed signals to her all night. He did say we were 'just friends' when he introduced me to Helena.

God this is so frustrating. I don't know who or what to believe! Either way even if Helena was telling the truth and she really didn't know Eric was taken that didn't mean I was ready to forgive Eric. Helena wouldn't have kissed him if he'd just make things clear for her in the first place.

"Ok so the plan is while the fashion show is going on, Lavender is in charge of doing a sweep of the second and third floors in search for anything that we can connect to Kozlov or the other missing USB. I'll be down in the fashion show section keeping an eye out for Saab and the rest of the girls should be positioned around Linea Acardi for back up," I went over our plan and the girls nodded their heads.

"I talked to Amber last night and she confirmed that Mr. Saab boarded a plane headed to the U.S last night so he should be present at the fashion show today," Tiffany said.

"Good, looks like everything is set," I smiled trying to feel confident.

"I think Jacob is here," Lavender said breaking me out of thought.

"Thanks," I mumbled and grabbed my bag as I made my way downstairs to meet up with him. On the way down I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked nothing like the Charlee I knew and it really wasn't a good thing.

Ever since the break up with Eric, I've been completely submerging myself in my character. I don't think I've ever used designer brands as much as I have now. Or used this amount of makeup and hair products. I'm using this 'rich girl' façade to hide my feelings and its a bad thing. Everyone knows that if you hide your emotions for too long it will just come back to bite you in the ass but honestly I can't help it. I have no other way of coping with the pain.

"You look amazing, as usual," Jacob complimented as he opened the door of his black Bugatti for me. I smiled graciously and stepped inside. He placed a quick kiss on my lips before putting on a pair of Ray Bans. I had to hold in an eye roll. I mean I know I look all posh but I have a character to sustain, but him? Was he really as shallow and arrogant as his looks are portraying?

I mean I know, getting picked up at your house by a hot boy, in a sports car, wearing a tuxedo sounds like a dream come true and believe me I'm not complaining about the view, but I just want to know how much of this rich boy act is real and how much is a mask.

"You've been awful quiet this entire ride," Jacob commented as he helped me out of the car. He tossed the keys to the valet and offered me his arm like an old fashioned gentlemen. Even though I may not know Jacob very well, you have to admit he is pretty charming and I feel myself blush as I take his arm.

"I'm just nervous about dinner, that's all," I said shrugging it off.

"Don't be, right now just enjoy the show and I promise tonight will be perfect," Jacob winked as we stepped into Linea Acardi. 

As it usually is before a fashion show, Linea Acardi was all glammed up and decorated for the occasion. It seemed tonight's theme was Paris, which I thought was romantic. I got a text message from Blaire saying everyone was ready to go and in position. We took our seats, right in the front row and I noticed the seats next to us were empty.

"Who has the seats next to me?" I whispered in Jacob's ear.

"It was supposed to be my father and a friend of his but they decided to talk business in a restaurant instead," he explained shrugging his shoulders. I tried to discreetly cuss out my anger since I was wearing six  inch pumps for nothing.

I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text back to Blaire explaining the delay of plans. After a few seconds I got a reply saying to just carry on with the show, and that Lavender would still try to do the sweep of the second and third level.

The fashion show passed quickly and uneventfully. Well that's a bit of a lie. Halfway through the show Helena and Eric made a 'fashionably late' entrance. They stood at a fair distance away from each other and I noticed they weren't touching, barely touching even but Helena still looked stunning which bothered me.

When the show finished I looked up only to notice Jacob was gone. Worriedly I looked around thinking he went to the bathroom or something. But after a while of waiting I came up with no answers and no Jacob.

"Where's your prince charming?" I heard a familiar voice. I turned to face a smirking Eric and an uncomfortable looking Helena.

"Are you Mr. Jacob's guests?" an older man with a thick accent interrupted before I could give Eric a snarky remark.

"Uh yes, where is he?" I asked trying not to sound nervous.

"He sent me to pick you all up and take you to the restaurant," he responded not really answering the question. We followed him out of Linea Acardi not really having a choice.

Outside of Linea Acardi was a long and sleek limousine waiting for the three of us. The man opened the door for us and Helena stepped in followed by Eric. I was about to follow when the man stopped me.

"These are for you Miss Charlotte," he said handing me a bouquet of white roses. I raised my eyebrow smiling as I accepted the roses and stepped into the limo. The ride to wherever it is that we were headed was somewhat long and awkward since no one said anything. I refused to look at either of them in the eyes and kept myself busy by looking down at the gorgeous roses in my lap instead.

I all but leaped out of the limo, nearly forgeting to wait for someone to open the door for me when we arrived at our destination. When I got out I was shocked to realize we were at a helicopter pad. There was a black helicopter, its swiveling causing tremendous wind. The wind didn't seem to bother a smiling Jacob who stood by the helicopter.

"I see you got my roses,"Jacob smiled as he approached us. 

"Well yes, but the petals are going to fly away because of this wind," I told him looking down at my bouquet of roses protectively.

"Don't worry, there are more where that came from. Are you ready to eat?" he asked.

"Where in France?" I asked looking at the helicopter in ashtonishment.

"Don't be silly, a helicopter wont get us to France in time for dinner. We're going to a small private island my family owns less than an hour from here," he winked.

"An island?" I asked my eyes widening in amusement.

"Of course, only the best for the best," he smiled as he led me, and the other two, towards the helicopter.

"Jacob Callahan, what are you up to now?" I smiled as I followed him towards the flying contraption.

~~~~~~~~~

Damn it Jacob, using your riches and hotness to sway me into shipping you with Charlee pshhh sneaky little bastard... lol no but seriously what are your thoughts on this chapter??

This week's dedication goes to: @enyopang for her lovely comment last week :)