Chapter 27

I quickened my pace as I got near Linea Acardi my mind racing 90 miles an hour trying to imagine what Lavender could've found already. I slowed down as I entered Linea Acardi not wanting to trip over air and make a fool of myself.Lavender was calmly looking through the racks of clothes as she patiently waited for me. 

"Are you done for the day?" I asked Lavender as I approached her hoping she understood that I'd rather talk in private about whatever it is she found. 

"I have to come back soon but I'm on my lunch break so we can get some frozen yogurt or something," she suggested catching on quickly. I agreed even though I'd already had lunch. Honestly frozen yogurt is just what I need today. 

After stock piling my plain vanilla tart yogurt with tons of fruit I sat down next to Lavender as she ate her purple berry yogurt covered in every sweet imaginable from gummy bears to M&M's. 

"Alright what did you find out?" I asked her cutting to the chase. 

"Well I didn't really have to look so far, the information was handed to me. Literally," she said smiling and I urged her to go on. 

"Oh right, well apparently there will be a small A-list only fashion event this upcoming week at Linea Acardi and the invitation list was handed to me at the front desk so I could confirm all of the guests. I managed to take a picture of one of the guests and guess who it is?" she asked raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm hoping its our Russian mystery friend, Kozlov, but I have a feeling that's a bit of a long shot," I told her. 

"Sadly you're right. Alec Kozlov isn't on the invitation list as far as I know but our next biggest trail is. Mr. Saab will be attending the fashion show and I'm sure there's got to be a reason why someone is flying in all the way from Saudi Arabia and it can't be just for fur coats," she analyzed and I nodded my head. 

While my life and this mission would be a hell of a lot easier if Kozlov were attending, our next biggest key to solving this issue was Saab so I'd take what I can get. 

"Now our only problem is how we're going to attend this event," Lavender sighed. 

"Yeah I have this next week off meaning I'm not a model for this event but I'm sure I can pull some strings. Maybe I'll ask if I can switch my week off but it might be too late. If the fashion show is next week they probably already have their models and clothes fitted," I told her. 

"Yeah well you can always call-" 

"Don't even suggest Jacob. The point of 'dating' him was to get closer to Callahan and after the incident in Oahu I think I'm as close as I want to be. I can find some other way," I said immidiately cutting her off. 

"Fine but it can be a last resort kind of option right?" she asked.

"I guess if worse comes to worst I'd ask him," I agreed but I hope I don't have to. It would be a little desperate. 

"Well you're going to have to call him anyway," she said and I looked at her confused. 

"Well I need to get back to work and I wont be done until a few hours so unless you want to call Double Crossing Agent Eric, I suggest you call Jacob for a ride home," she concluded and even though I'd rather walk home than see either of these two boys, I don't want to walk in heels all the way to my house. 

"Ugh today is just not my day," I muttered as we got up and made our way back to Linea Acardi. I fished out my phone, turning it on, and texted Jacob asking him if he wasn't too busy and could give me a ride. Honestly either way I was screwed. 

A few minutes later I got a reply and I opened the message expecting one from Jacob. Instead I was surprised when Eric replied he was on his way Confused I checked my phone and was completely mortified when I realized I'd sent the message to both Eric and Jacob. 

A few seconds later Jacob replied saying he was also on his way. Oh god this can't be good. AT ALL. Maybe I should really consider walking home...

~~~

"Hey Charlee," Jacob greeted me with a kiss on the cheek shocking me since I haven't seen him in a while. 

"Hi Jacob," I smiled trying to walk towards the exit but he didn't seem in a rush. 

"So I was wondering if you'd like to go out to dinner with me tonight? We haven't hung out in a while," he said stopping all together. I sighed.

"I can't tonight I have a lot to do, some other time?" I asked. 

"Are you going to the fashion show this week?" he asked me and I don't know if I should be happy my problems would be solved or annoyed that this would literally cause more problems for me in general. 

"Well I wasn't invited," I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Well why don't you come with me and then we go out to dinner?" he offered and I agreed since it was my only sure way in and secretly I enjoyed having a reason to forget about Eric. 

"Uh Charlee, do you need a ride or not?" I turned to face Eric. Damn speak of the devil and he shall appear. 

"No sorry that was a mistake, I already have a ride," I said holding onto Jacobs hand. I could feel my subconscience cringing at my stupid petty fights but I couldn't help it. I was being a total bitch to Eric but he'd hurt me, badly. And I had no other way of getting back at him. 

"I see, well I guess you and your boyfriend have everything settled," he said staring holes at our interlocked hands. 

"Yes, it looks like we do. How are you and your girlfriend by the way?" I asked adding more fire to the already tense situation. 

"Oh you have a girlfriend now Alonzo? I'm surprised to hear that," Jacob snickered and I got mad at him momentarily before I remembered who the real asshole in this situation was. 

"Not exactly, rumors have just been flying everywhere," Eric all  but mumbles. 

"Well you should invite her to the show and come with us to dinner," Jacob suggests smugly. 

"Yeah like a double date," I smiled at Eric... there goes my subconscience again. Shut up I know what Im doing! Oh god let's face it, no I don't. 

This is just one huge messy pile of shit. But hey since when has my life been smooth sailing? 

~~~~~~

Oh god Charlee whut are you doing... hope this up date was ok! Also as a quick reminder please feel free to always spot any grammar errors of mine! I don't mind at all. It helps actually with the whole editing bit which I never do. I don't get offended if there's a misspelling. Everyone makes mistakes and as an author you should be able to take critism no matter what it's about :) 

This week's dedication goes to @wojo_8 because she is a fellow Ben & Jerry's lover <3 

~Lorna~