Chapter 33

Kind of a long chappie since I had time to write extra cuz I'm on Spring Break. Yay double update in a week. I deserve a cookie (::)

"In case it wasn't obvious, that song was dedicated to my girl Charlee," he smiled and walked off stage.

"Oh my god," I mumbled covering my mouth and my smile. So he does still care. Maybe we can fix this after all.

"Charlee what do you think?" Blaire asked me giving me a knowing smile.

"Blaire you were so in on this!" Lavender said hitting her shoulder.

"Ow! That's not true!" she defended herself.

"I know your tell!" Lavender fought back.

"Oh yeah?" she said raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah! Plus I saw you drop him off in front of the school when I was out getting my food," she smirked and we all laughed.

"Alright so I helped the poor sucker but c'mon he made it up to you didn't he?" Blaire said looking at me.

"Yeah I guess he really did," I replied softly.

"Yeah baby the ship is sailing again!" Palma cheered. I rolled my eyes as we all walked out of the school together.

"Hey we should all sleep over at Charlee's you know, order a pizza and have a movie night," Tiffany suggested and we all looked at her weirdly. She never suggests a night in, she's the one always canceling our plans because we have to 'practice' or keep our covers.

"What? It's ok to take a break once in a while," she said moving a strand of her cotton candy pink hair out of the way.

"Alright pizza at my house it is," I agreed.

"Pizza at who's house?" I heard Eric's voice ask as he approached us.

"My house," I smiled.

"Am I allowed back or...?"

"Yeah you're allowed back, I can't keep you away for long can I?" I asked him.

"Nope I'm sticking around for a while," he winked and I swear I heard the girls 'aw' in the background.

We were walking towards my car when my phone started to ring. I excused myself to take the phone call, worried that it was something important like my parents arriving or something happening with my aunt or brother. Being a spy means you never know what can happen in a matter of hours. A phone call can change everything.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was just Rafael. I picked up the phone quickly.

"Hey Rafi, what's up?" I asked.

"Mmm girl did you get back together with that boy already?" he asked and I looked around in shock. Was he here or something.

"Wait, how'd you know?" I asked slowly.

"You answered with 'what's up' instead of 'what do you want'. The change in your mood is uncanny," he said and I could hear the smirk in his voice. God this man should be a spy.

"Anywho I called to tell you to get your skinny ass over here to work cuz they're about to announce who will be on the Deci Fashion show next week," he told me changing subjects.

"Is that an important one?" I asked.

"IS THAT IMPORTANT?? THE DECI FASHION SHOW IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE WE HOST. YOU BET YOUR ASS ITS IMPORTANT. IT WOULD BE AN HONOR TO BE MODELING IN IT SO GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE," he all but screamed into the phone. He was so loud I had to hold the phone away from my ear so I wouldn't go deaf.

"Alright, I'll be there, god," I sighed and hung up. After a hasty goodbye, I told my friends I would catch up with them at my house and that I had to run a quick errand. Eric offered to come but I assured him I'd be fine.

I drove off to Linea Acardi, the quicker I got there the quicker I'd get home and finally got to relax. Linea Acardi was unsurprisingly empty. Whenever there was a meeting they'd close down the store so we could camly chat about plans.

By the time I got there, I'd apparently missed the calling of models. I was secretly hoping I didn't have to model for Deci. I just want to go home and chill.

"Lottie you're late!" Rafi commented but kissed me on both cheeks anyway.

"Sorry I just came back from something," I told him and he nodded his head understandingly.

"Well I'm so happy for you! You got one of the spots on Deci," he fangirled and I smiled as well. I don't want to be rude.

"This year's theme is Pink Revolution, we're not doing anything today but you do need to get your fittings so that we designers can get started on the master pieces," he winked as he brought me up to the second level.

I took my coat off so I could get my measurements taken as I chatted with the other models. I hadn't made quite many close friends with any models but we did small talk every once in a while. They were polite enough.

The second floor was a disaster of pink fabric everywhere of all shades. It loooked like a pink tsunami had washed over the designer offices. It was quite bright and sparkly.

"Charlee! I heard about your placement, congratulations," I heard someone say before they swooped in and kissed me right on the mouth. Shocked I pushed them away only to realize it was Jacob.

"Oh, Jacob, hey," I smiled awkwardly.

"You okay?" he asked as my designer continued to take my measurements.

"Yeah you just surprised me, that's all," I told him glad that I didn't kiss him back. It would've felt wrong.

"Oh, well do you want to go out to eat something after you're done?" he asked me.

"I actually have something to do tonight but some other time," I told him. Yeah some other time, like never would work for me. Plus I want more on my plate than rabbit food and that's what he fed me last time so I think I'll pass on any dinner invites from Jacob.

"Sure," he smiled and thankfully my designer shooed him away so she could finish up, something I was so thankful for.

Once I was done, I said bye to Rafi and some of the other deisgners. I quickly left Linea Acardi hoping not to bump into Jacob on the way out. He'd try to make plans again.

I fished my car keys out and unlocked my car. I was about to head off when my phone began to ring. I was exhausted and wanted to go home. I really wanted to ingore the phone call but there was a voice at the back of my head telling me to pick up.

Reluctantly I grabbed my phone and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Charlee? Is this you?" I heard a voice ask. It was a girl's voice, she sounded tired and desperate.

"Who's this?" I asked deliberately not answering the question.

"It's me, Amber. Charlee I need you to pay close attention. I don't know how much time I have left," I heard Amber whisper.

"Amber? What's wrong? Where are you?" I asked panicking.

"I'm still in the Saudi Arabia please listen, can you do that for me?" she asked and I nodded my head even though she couldn't see me. She took my silence as a sign for her to continue.

"There was a bomb and Brooke was hurt. They shot Mr. Saab and I don't think he's going to make it. I don't know if I'll make it. I sent a picture of the weapon ok? You need to find out as much as you can about it. Most importantly you need to find out where the second half of that USB is," she instructed and I could hear muffling noises around her.

"Most of all Charlee, you need to know who the real enemy is. You need to be careful because-" suddenly I heard a scream and the line went dead.

"AMBER?!" I screamed into the phone and tried to call her back but I knew it was useless.