Chapter 10

Picture of Charlee's dress on the side :)

"Who are you??" Fabio questioned looking mad as ever.

"I- I'm," I stuttered not knowing what to do. Where's my damn partner to cover for me when I need him??

"She's a new model I hired, she isn't D'argent but she is one of our new models for Linea Acardi," I heard a booming voice from beside me. I turn to face a man I hadn't seen before. Who was he and why was he covering for me?

"But what about D'argent?" Fabio spit out still looking displeased with me.

"The show must go on, we've already delayed it enough and D'argent isn't ready to go on the runway," the man quickly explained. With a quick nod Fabio pushed me out towards the runway and I quickly composed myself.

I put on a blank expression as I'd seen the other girls do. I walked slowly but confidently down the catwalk and stopped at the end allowing pictures to be taken. I carefully made my way back with only two things on my mind.

Who was that man who literally just saved my ass and

Why are these damn shoes so tall??

As soon as I exited the catwalk, I was dragged away again for another round of makeup and a change of outfit. The switch happened so fast I'm surprised I didn't somehow manage to end up walking out in my underwear or something more catastrophic.

The rest of the fashion show continuedin a blur of different outfits, walking down the runway, and posing for the cameras. I almost cried out of joy when it was time for my final outfit. I had to change back into the original outfit I had been wearing and walk out with all the models together.

With the bright lights of cameras and the thought of me blowing up my cover flashing through me head, it was a surprise I didn't fall off the catwalk and towards my impending doom. When the show finally ended, we were allowed to change back into our normal clothes and drink water backstage whilst we waited for the crowds to disperse.

I was watching through the curtains as a man dressed in a sophisticated tuxedo took the microphone from the host to say a few words as the people began to clap and eventually leave.

"Hey spygirl are you ready to-"

"Shhh!" I shushed a confused Eric as I strained to listen to a conversation the man was having.

"That has got to be Mr. Callahan!" I whisper yelled as I tried to remain discreet. He was shaking hands and having short conversations with some of the more important guests.

"Could that be the 'special guest' we heard about?" Eric pointed to a man now talking and laughing it out with who we now assume is Mr. Callahan.

I quickly grabbed the lip gloss from my makeup bag and pretended that I was applying some of it to my lips while in reality I took some quick shots of the pair talking. Hopefully I could show these to the girls later.

They seemed very close and after everyone had dispersed the man followed Mr. Callahan off somewhere I could no longer see.

"Well he certainly looked like he knew Callahan well enough," I commented.

"Charlotte if you intend on keeping your cover, I suggest posing as something a little more discreet and not a well known French model next time," the same man who had covered for me winked as he passed by.

"What was that about?" Eric questioned as I grabbed my things and got ready to go.

"I wish I knew! Right before I came out on stage, Fabio finally realized I'm not really D'argent and I was seconds away from getting kicked out. Suddenly that guy came over and covered for me," I explain just as confused as he was.