Chapter 32

"Where's Blaire? The show is about to begin!" Tiffany said stressing out about everyone as usual. I've come to realize that whenever Amber and Brooke weren't around, Tiffany would usually do all the stressing and organizing. That was probably a good thing since the rest of us were usually a hot mess.

"She said she's on her way, calm down we still have five more minutes," Palma assured her. Lavender went out to get us some food while Blaire still hadn't shown up. I wouldn't have either but I was promised ice cream after this so...

"God damn it, I'm going to kill that girl," Tiffany muttered when the lights started to dim and Blaire still hadn't shown up.

"Don't worry she'll show up," I told her but it probably sounded more along the lines of Curm durn shill blow up since I was too concerned eating my sourpatch kids instead of worrying about Blaire's whereabouts.

She was the weapon's specialists of the group for crying out loud. She could make a weapon out of a pillow and bobby pins, trust me I've seen her do it. If anyone can handle herself that would be Blaire, I thought to myself as I popped another sourpatch in my mouth. Gross I hate the yellow ones.

~~~

Eric's POV

"This better be important Eric because Tiffany is going to kill me for being late," Blaire yelled at me.

"It is I swear, my sister wont let me use my car and I need to get to that talent show," I told her as I jumped into her car. I could've called any of the other girls but Palma is mad at me for what I did to Charlee, Tiffany will tell Charlee what I'm up to, Lavender is too lazy to do me the favor, so that leaves Blaire.

"So care to tell me what's up Alonzo?" she asked me as she eased out of my driveway and onto the street.

"Well I need to make it up to Charlee somehow and since I know she'll be at the talent show tonight I signed up and well..." I trailed off pointing to the guitar I had dumped into the backseat.

"AWWW that's so cutee!! I'm still mad at you but apparently you're not as big of a douche as I thought you were since you're actually trying to make it up to her," she smiled and kept driving.

"Yeah well if I can't come up with my own words to show her I care then I'll use someone else's," I smiled trying not to blush.

"What song are you going to play for her?" she asked me and this time I blushed for sure.

"I'm doing an acoustic cover of Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab," I told her as I looked out the window instead of at her.

"OMG YOU TWO BETTER MAKEUP OR I'LL KILL YOU," She smiled wickedly while she fangirled. I shook my head but smiled too. I hope this works.

"Alright Alonzo, don't screw up," Blaire told me laughing as she parked in front of the school.

"Yeah, I'll try not to," I told her as I grabbed my guitar and ran for the entrance. I had to make it to the auditorium where the show had already begun. I was one of the first few performers so I hope I didn't miss my call.

I headed backstage where thankfully I found out that I hadn't been called up yet. There was still one performer in front of me and then it was my turn. I sat down nervously in one of the chairs and tuned my guitar. What if she still hates me after this?

At least I'm trying. I don't see Jacob here ready to serenade Charlee now do I?

Well Jacob didn't break her heart now did he?

Shut up useless suubconscience....

"Eric Alonzo up next!" one of the stage hands announced and I thanked her as I got up and headed towards the stage. I walked out onto the stage and took a seat on a wooden stool. I placed my guitar in my lap and fixed the microphone properly.

I looked out onto the crowd. With the bright spotlight shining towards me I could barely see anything but as my eyes adjusted ever so I spotted a familiar head of hair in the very front row giving me a shocked expression.

Well I guess it's time to get this party started. I took a deep breath before begining to strum my guitar.

Get out your guns
Battle's begun
Are you a saint or a sinner?
If love's a fight
Then I shall die
With my heart on a trigger

They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby, you are all that I adore
If love is what you need, a soldier I will be

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting 'til the war's won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith, babe
Just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
And I...
Wanna live, not just survive
Tonight

I continued to play my guitar and finished the second half of the song. When I was finally finished I looked up and smiled. The crowd began to cheer and clap but I didn't care about what anyone else thought of the song I just wanted to see what she thought.

I looked for her in the crowd and she looked at me and smiled while clapping. I felt a huge weight lifted off my chest as I stood up from my stool.

"In case it wasn't obvious, that song is dedicated to my girl Charlee," I smiled and walked backstage.

~~~~~

Kind of a short chapter but I hope you guys enjoyed it since I added quite a bit of Eric's POV in there! I dedicate this chapter to @dayy_von_vanity because she was the one who suggested the idea of the talent show and also the song Angel With A Shotgun which I quite liked BTW.

until next time

~Lorna~