Chapter 17

I woke up with a pounding headache. I opened my eyes but it was too dark to make out my surroundings. I felt around my limbs and moved my bones to make sure everything was working OK. Other than the immense headache and a weird pain on my arm everything seemed normal.

Once I made sure I was fine I stood up and attempted to find out where I was. I felt around the walls for a door or window but all I found was dust. I was definitely not in a closet anymore, so then where was I? The last thing I remember was someone opening the closet door and it wasn't Mr. Callahan or Jacob so what's going on? How long have I been here? I'm just starting to get hungry, so probably not long.

Suddenly I felt a small switch on the wall behind me. I flipped it on and an old light bulb flickered allowing some small amount of light into the room. It took some time for my eyes to adjust but I finally got a good look of my surroundings.

I was in some sort of weird storage room. It was practically empty save for an old book shelf off to my right and a few piles of empty boxes. It looks like this place hasn't been visited in a while.There were no windows but there was a door. The only problem is the door didn't have a doorknob, something I found quite annoying and inconvenient. It must only have a doorknob on only one side of the door.

The more I thought about it, the weirder it became.

Someone obviously caught me snooping around in Mr. Callahan's room and whether they work for him or not they found a way to knock me out and trap me here. Now if the person who found me snooping in the closet had been a hotel worker they would've called security not locked me up in some shady basement. That means that who ever found me wasn't a hotel worker, it had to be someone who's concerned over the fact that I was snooping around Mr. Callahans things.

At the moment my priorites were to find a way out of this room and back to my hotel room before Jacob or anyone else noticed I was missing. I could focus on finding out who was behind this later, you know once I made sure I was getting out of this situation alive in the first place...

I began shuffling and snooping around the bookcase hoping that like in those stupid spy movies a secret wall would open up or something. I was lifting all the books looking for a lever or knob when suddenly the door opened. I got momentarily excited until I realized the door didn't open because of me.

Someone else had opened it.

"So you're finally awake?" A tall figure stepped into the room causing me to take several steps away from the bookcase. He had a slight Russian accent, which was the first thing I noticed. He also looked young, maybe only a year or two older than me. He was pretty handsome too. Too bad such a pretty face will be going to waste if he gets any closer to me.

"Who are you?" I deadpanned even though I knew getting answers wouldn't be this simple but hey I'd rather get to the point instead of making small talk with my kidnapper.

"Nice try but it's irrelevent anyways, it's not like you're going to be seeing anyone anytime soon," he smirked and I rolled my eyes. A simple none of your business would've sufficed. No need to add the doom and gloom in there too buddy.

"Ok at least tell me why I'm here?" I asked trying to stall him enough so I could attempt to run pass him. If I got him talking enough maybe I could run past him.

"I think its obvious why you're here,"

"No sorry, I'm pretty dense. Please enlighten me," I countered.

"You're a spy, where I'm from we're not very fond of spies. So my job is to take care of them. Now tell me who you're working for," he questioned.

"Or you could just let me go and I'll be out of your way," I continued stalling as I slowly inched toward the book shelf.