Chapter 19

Eric wasn't exactly happy that he would have to wait until we got home to find out what really happened but he didn't really have much of a choice. I was already freaking out myself, in anticipation to everyone's reaction once I told them everything that went down in Oahu.

"The swelling isn't as bad anymore," Eric commented as we boarded the private jet Jacob had called in for us.

"Are you sure?" I asked worriedly touching my face.

"Well you're not going to be in any photoshoots any time soon but you look much better than when I first saw you today," he shrugged his shoulders and I groaned. That meant my face was still pretty bad and the girls were gonna kill me for fucking it up.

"You'll be fine, on the bright side we're on break now so you have time to get better before you have to show up in front of cameras again," he reminded me and I nodded my head in agreement. I was too tired to care at the moment.

I tried to fall asleep but during the entire five hour plane ride back home I couldn't help but question what was going on. Something was out of place, and either no one was telling me or no one was aware at all. Things just weren't adding up in my head.

If the guy who trapped me wasnt working for Mr. Callahan then who was behind this? And what is it that they're behind anyways?? This whole stupid mission began because it was weird that Mr. Callahan dropped his oil company to invest in a fashion company but we didn't find anything while working in Linea Acardi to prove that anything was fishy or had an alternative purpose. Other than a few intercepted calls from the Middle East, what was the reason behind suspecting Mr. Callahan was up to something?

But now I know something is up with Mr. Callahan. Whether he is aware of it or not, someone was looking for something in Mr. Callahan's room and I just happened to get in the way but they were there looking for something. But what was so important that could've been hidden in Mr. Callahan's room? He is part of something, I know that for sure. What I don't know is if Mr. Callahan is part of something as the victim, or the conspirator.

"Charlee did you hear me?" Eric's voice shook me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"We're here, you can take your seat belt off now," Eric said looking at me with a mixture of emotions both concerned and amused.

"Yeah ok, I'm going," I waved him off with my hand and proceeded to unbuckle my seat belt. I grabbed my bag and headed off the plane. Eric was waiting for me with his duffel bag as he hailed a cab.

"Everyone has been worried sick about you since Jacob called me," Eric brought up as we sat down in the old yellow taxi cab, after telling the man the directions to my house. I was about to tell Eric to have the cabbie drop us off a street down from my house instead because I was now completely paranoid as to who I could trust and I didn't need anyone else knowing the location to my home.

"Who is everyone?" I asked him.

"Your brother, the girls, Principal Wynters, your boyfriend who had to fly all the way to Oahu to make sure his girlfriend didn't return in a body bag," he added making me feel guilty for putting everyone through so much trouble.

"Well I'm sorry ok, but everything turned out alright and I think we're one step closer to finding out what's going on here,"

"One step closer? After what happened in Oahu, Principal Wynters wants to shut down this mission. I'm surprised she hasn't told Mr. Seiberts that this whole program is going to be shut down all together," he said referring to Mr. Seiberts who was the head of Interpol and therefore had the power to end the whole program of us girls going under cover as cheerleaders if he thought the situation was too dangerous for us to handle.