Chapter 34

Wow third update in a week, Im on fireee :) 

I struggled to put the keys into the ignition. My hands were trembling as I finally got them in and began driving to my house. I needed to talk to the girls. 

"Concentrate, if you get into a car accident, you won't be doing anyone any good," I mumbled to myself. Yes I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice. My state of sanity is not the problem right now, we can discuss that later damn it. 

I parked in front of my house and ran up to the door. I dont even think I took the keys out of the ignition. I knocked on the door as loud as I could because of course me being me, I forgot that this is my house and I should have the keys. 

After minutes passed and no one opened the door my spy mode kicked in. I grabbed a bobby pin from my hair and picked the lock to my front door. As soon as I did that the alarm system went off and threw me into another world of problems. 

I screamed at myself for forgeting the alarm system. I furiously put in the pin to shut it up and rushed into the kitchen. Before I even got there a knife was shot in my direction and only missed my face by a mere inch. 

"Oh my god Charlee what are you doing? I could've killed you!" Blaire exclaimed as she put her other knife down. I grabbed the knife off the wall and tossed it back to her as the rest of the girls and Eric showed up in the kitchen. 

Lavender and Eric were in crouching positions looking ready to fight  until they realized it was just me. Christ in just a matter of hours this whole squad went into fight mode. We need to chill before we accidentally kill each other. 

"What's going on, why did you just break into your own house?" Eric exclaimed approaching me. 

"I- well no one was answering the door and I need to get inside. It was an emergency!" I explained probably sounding like a lunatic. 

"And what was the emergency?" Palma asked me. 

"Let's sit down," I told them and I closed the door and we all walked to the living room. The movie was paused and there were plates of half eaten pizza everywhre. The girls were giving me concerned looks and Eric still looked alert.

"Ok so I got a call from Amber and Mr. Saab was most likely killed, Brooke was hurt, and Amber's line went dead before she could tell me who did it. She said she'd send me a picture of the weapon," I told them as I placed my phone on the coffee table.

We all stared at my phone as if willing for her message to arrive. We stared at it for what feels like an eternity. 

"Maybe it didn't send, if you said her line went dead then maybe she never got a chance to send her message," Eric said. 

"Shut up Eric, we have to be optimistic," Lavender scolded him. 

"We're spies, we have to be realistic not optimistic," Tiffany scolded them both. 

"Well I've been a spy longer than you have," Lavender told her. 

"Yeah well-" 

"Guys the phone!" Palma exclaimed as we all saw my phone light up. I heard everyone take a breath as I reached for my cell. I unlocked the phone and opened the message. 

It was a picture of a bullet I hadn't seen before. Then again I'm not the weapon specialist here. I handed the phone for Blaire to examine. She took my phone and took a look at it, examining every inch of it. She zoomed in on the picture and turned my phone different ways. 

"This is from a hand made weapon, probably a collector's piece. There's not much to it except the signature, it's in Russian," she declared. 

"Russian?" I repeated. A Russian gun, where else have I seen Russian guns. At Mr. Kingsley's house of course. And he spoke Russian too. This was all too suspicious. 

"Guys, I think I know where we can look," I said turning off my phone. 

"How do you know already?" Palma asked. 

"I went to Mr. Kingsley's place with my aunt for a dinner. He had a whole room full of weapons and guns. He spoke Russian. I know it's a long shot but it's a start. We need to break in and see if the bullet matches the gun," I explained. 

"Mr. Kingsley? The head of Interpol? As in Alec Kingsley?? Are you insane?" Tiffany exclaimed. 

"What other choice do we have?" I told her and she knew I was right. We're running out of time, we have a few days at most. 

"Fine but how do you suggest we break into one of the best secured building we know?" she asked me. 

"Are we not called spies for a reason?" I countered rolling my eyes. 

"God alright, we have to plan this out carefully though. We can't afford to mess up," Tiffany declared and with that everyone moved around getting gear ready and Tiffany and Palma began working on a plan. 

"Can I talk to you for a second Charlee?" Eric asks me and I nod pointing to the staircase. With all the noise of everyone in the livingroom we need somewhere else to talk. 

"What's up?" I asked him as soon as we walked up to my room. 

"I know you don't have any time for this. I should probably wait for later but with this whole plan there might not be a later so in case anything happens, I want to know," he sated. 

"Don't be so dramatic, we're going to be fine. What do you want to know?" 

"Where we stand," he stated puting his hand on my cheek. 

"If you're wondering if I forgive you..."

"No I know you have or you wouldn't be talking to me. I want to know if we're just friends again or if you still want me," he asked and I swear I could feel him leaning in. 

"I wanted you this whole time. I was mad at you yes, insanely mad at you actually. But I still couldn't get you out of my head long enough to hate you," I told him. 

"Good because I couldn't get you out of my head either," he smiled before leaning in the whole way. He kissed me like it was our last kiss and I didn't want to think to much of it but it could be. Anything we do could be our last. We're spies. We get used to it. 

And so I kissed him back like it could be our last kiss. I kissed him back like I was underwater and he was the air my life was holding on to. I felt myself being dragged down onto the bed as he lay down on top. He had his arms on either side of my head so he wouldn't put his whole weight on me as he continued to kiss me. 

He reached for my shirt and I helped him toss it to the side. I felt myself reach for his shirt but before I could do anything about it I heard the door open and we broke apart. I was about to apologize to the girls for having a makeout session when we should be planning the mission but when I looked up I felt a sickening sensation when I saw who was standing in my doorway. 

"Jacob, I um-" I stuttered not knowing where to begin as I tried to put my shirt back on with out being awkward. 

Jacob looked at me expectantly as I stood there with my mouth kind of hanging open. What am I supposed to say. I looked over at Eric and thankfully he didn't have a smug look on his face or anything. He looked genuinely awkward. This was a very compromising situation.