Chapter 2

I had just gotten off the plane and even though California and Idaho weren't too far away by plane, I still suffered minor jet lag. My brother was carrying my suit cases for me like the gentleman that he is.

Yeah ok, I may or may not have threatened to poison his beverages when he wasn't looking if he didn't do this for me but let's just pretend he did this out of the kindness of his heart.

He hailed a taxi to drive us to his house as soon as we got out of the air port.

"Woah this is your house?" I asked him in awe. It wasn't a mansion or anything but it looked really cool. It was one of those cool modern architecture houses you see on TV. It was so weird. I wasn't used to seeing these.

"Cool huh?" he asked. All I could do was nod.

"You have your own room here already stocked with everything you need. A stylist is coming over in a few hours to get you into your new cover so you can blend in for school which starts in two hours by the way," Georgie informed me.

He opened the door for me and we walked in. He handed me my suit case and pointed me in the direction of my room. It was up the staircase, the first door to my right. As soon as I opened my new bedroom door I let out a groan.

How should I describe it? Well it was quite uh... pink.

It was a cool looking room and I might have actually liked it if it weren't so damn girly. The walls were a light shade of pink and like the rest of the house, the furniture inside my room was modern.

The furniture was white and there was abstract art frames decorating the wall and I had a balcony with a view of the pool. There was also another window that was directly across from mine but they thankfully had their curtains up.

It was a pretty cool room but it was just a little too sugar and spice for me, if you know what I mean. I had a spacious closet and the bathroom (also pink!!!) which was right across the hall. Like my brother had mentioned, the closet was already stocked with girly clothes and shoes.

I don't even know why I bothered to bring any of my clothes from home. I grabbed my suit case and shoved it under my bed. I wouldn't be needing it anyways.

Suddenly I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I yelled too lazy to actually get up. A pretty lady around my brother's age came in the room and aproached me.

"Hi sweetie, I'm-- Sweet Jesus!" she said as she took in my appearance. I laughed.

"Well Sweet Jesus, I'm Charlee. Nice to meet you," I extended my hand out. She cautiously took it.

"Oh lord what mess have I gotten my self into,"

"What?"

"Oh sorry, my name is Carol. I'm your much needed personal stylist," she said getting over her shock.

"Personal stylist?"

"Yeah all the girls have one so they look like 'cheerleader material' but you're the toughest one I've seen today," she said looking me up and down.

"Uh thank you?"

"I think we better get started. This might take more than two hours," Carol sighed pulling me off the bed.

.

.

.

Ok, I've gone through interrogations, lying detectors, met criminals, unarmed bombs, learned multiple languages at the same time, gotten myself out of straight jackets and much more but I can tell you right now that nothing is as stressful and painful as a complete makeover.

First she made me take a shower so she could untangle my 'mane' as she called it. Then she did my hair, making it a different color might I add. Whilst she was working on my hair she made me wear this cleansing mask that was supposed to clean my pores.

I litterally have no clue what half of that phrase meant.

Great so years of learning specific codes gone to waste once I can't under stand a simple comand from a stylist. I swear to god I had no idea what I'm getting myself into. I should've waited until I was 18. Damn...

After my hair was curled, and my mask removed she applied make up. I have no idea how that was gonna look because I'm not allowed to look in the mirror until she's done. I swear I almost died a few times when she used that mascara shit dangerously close to my eyes.

I was hoping she'd let me pick my own clothes but when I asked she laughed.

And laughed

And then told me that wasn't even an option.

She picked out a top, a pink mini skirt (shocker) and a belt. She handed them to me and then chose a pair of boots that are probably designer brand. I bet if you saw them you'd know what brand it was but me being the awkward potato that I am, well I have no clue.

I quickly got changed unsure if I was doing it right... I mean pretty girls can wear this outfit. Heck, pretty girls can wear a trash bag and look like runway ready models. I probably won't be able to pull this off. I stepped out of the bathroom (with out looking in the mirror as instructed) and looked at Carol, waiting for her reaction.

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw me. Shit did I look that bad??

"Can we please just take a moment of silence to appreciate what an amazing job I did. I think I can feel my eyes water. You're going to look better than all of them," she fanned herself.

"Uh is that a good thing? I thought I was supposed to blend in, you know so I wont attract attention?"

"No not this time. Your cover is a cheerleader. If you don't act like a cheerleader then it becomes suspicious," she explained suddenly becoming serious. I nodded my head. It made sense... sort of?

"This is your school bag," she said handing me a tan leather satchel bag thingy. I grabbed it from her and looked inside.

"It's empty," I stated, confused.

"Exactly!" she said as if that was the most common thing in the world.

"Why would you give me an empty purse?"

"It's a side bag," she corrected.

"Well whatever it is, why is it empty?" I asked.

"You'll be given the materials you need at school. Now I have to go. Your brother will drive you to school,"

"Oh I almost forgot," she handed me a purple wallet along with a small pink bag.

"In your wallet is your new ID card with all your new information. Also a credit card for emergency use only. This pink purse is your makeup bag, I think you'll find it's contents quite useful," she winked before sashaying out the door.

Yes she sashayed. How does one do that??

I placed the wallet and makeup bag into my purse thingy. I don't care what Carol says. If I can put stuff in it and hang it off my shoulder it's a purse.

I was headed out the door when I realized I hadn't checked my self in the mirror yet. I went back into the the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

If I hadn't placed my bag on my shoulder I would have dropped it.

I looked...I looked like one of those girls. The ones that go shopping at malls in packs and the kind you see in movies. My hair was a light shade of brown with golden highlights. The mini skirt was well mini and the pink made me look quite innocent and girly which I suppose is the point.

If my parents saw me now they would never take me seriously. Wow Carol did a good job. A great job to be honest. This looked nothing like me but that was the point. No one would suspect anything.

~~~

I'm sorry these first few chapters are so short, they'll get longer soon. I promise!

~lorna~