Chapter 26

"You know, I can always hit him over the head with my curling wand?" Lavender offered causing me to smile through my tears.

"No I'm pretty sure if anyone wants the honor of hurting Eric it would be Blaire. She isn't a weapon specialists for nothing," I said wiping the last of my tears away. Lavender had come over early the next morning to talk about our strategy when she walked in to see me crying some more.

Like the spy she is, she threatened me until I told her what happened betweeen Eric and I. She wasn't happy to say the least but hurting Eric wasn't going to fix my problems. Not to mention I still need a partner so killing him is out of the question. I have too much on my plate right now with the mission to focus on stupid boy problems.

"So I talked to Brooke over the phone last night and she has a plan for us" Lavender said knowing we needed to move on.

"Ok what's up?" I said wiping the tears one last time and focusing on the task at hand.

"She got me the internship I need to get inside the third floor. I'll only be a receptionist but that's still a step up from not having access at all," she said showing me her fake ID and I nodded agreeing.

"Does this mean I don't have to keep modeling for Linea Acardi anymore?" I asked trying not to sound too hopeful.

"No we still need you to be a model so you can keep close connections with Jacob and keeping your job could help get us access when we need it," she said confirming what I already knew.

"Alright well we should get going to Linea Acardi then, can't be late on your first day," I said joking with her and we both got changed. It's been a while since I've needed to wear any of my brand clothes since I've been on winter break but now that I'm back with the rest of civilization its time to put Charlee away and bring back Charlotte and all her designer clothes.

I walked out of the house wearing a white Prada shirt, faux leather jeans, white shoes and a beige wool trench coat with my sunglasses perched on my head. Beside me Lavender was wearing a sophisticated white jumpsuit and matching white pumps. I'm pretty sure they were Chanel.

As I walked out my house I almost dropped my bag on the floor. Next to my door was Eric waiting for us expectantly. I shot a look at Lavender but she shook her head.

"Don't look at me, I didn't call him," she said walking away without sparing him a glance.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked him as I placed the sunglasses on my face and gave him a blank stare like I'd seen pretentious models do before.

"Cut the rich girl crap Charlee, don't you need a ride?" Eric said rolling his eyes.

"Sorry do you need something, I have a photoshoot to get to," I replied in a bored tone as I pretended to look at my freshly painted nails, I was looking at anything but him.

"Charlee this isn't how you act, what's wrong?" he asked and I swear if I didn't have these stupid sunglasses on he would've seen my eye twitch. Did he seriously just ask me what's wrong???

"It's Charlotte to you and I have a ride," I said coldly walking away. I opened the door to Lavender's silver Cadillac and applied red lipstick on using the mirror, refusing to give Eric a second glance.

Once I was finished Lavender sped off and even though no one saw it, my lip quivered and I thanked my lucky stars that I was wearing water proof mascara. I was going to need it if I planned to last the rest of the day like this.

~~~

"Can you turn this way please Lottie dear," the camera man instructed. After my title as D'Argent was compromised I quickly earned the name 'Lottie' around the models, designers, and everyone else working at Linea Acardi.

So far today hadn't been a very productive day considering I hadn't seen Lavender since we arrived four hours ago. Usually I have Eric to keep me company and make me laugh during photoshoots but today it was obviously out of the question. Thank god I'm almost done for the day.

"Alright Lottie just give me one last pose and we're done," he said and I complied happy to be done.

"Thanks love, we're done here," he dismissed me and I got off the platform, taking off my five inch pumps in the process.

"Lottie have you had anything to eat yet?" Raphael, one of the designers, asked as he and Tina walked by carrying some sketch books. Most of the people who work here at Linea Acardi are pretty stuck up and you don't wanna deal with them but Rafi (as I call him), Tina, and Trevor are nicer designers who I've all worked with

"No I was just heading down right now," I told them.

"Oh good, join us! We're heading down to that new café down the street and Trevor will be joining us soon, we're on our lunch break," Tina said and motioned for me to follow her. I agreed because I trully wanted to talk to some completely non-spy related people for once.

"Sure I've been dying to try it," I smiled and we walked together.

"So Lottie, what happened to that cutie that was always stuck to you like velcro?" Tina asked me and Rafi gave her a disgusted look.

"Only you would use velcro Tina," Rafi tsked her shaking his head.

"Oh shut up Rafi I wanna hear the dirt! Was it a nasty break up hun?" Tina asked me and I chuckled.

"Of course it was, did you see that boy? He had heartbreaker written all over him! I was dying to ask him to pose in one of the pieces I've been working on," he gushed.

"You're so insensitive Raphael," Trevor commented as he sat down beside me. I laughed at their constant bickering as I ate my chicken wrap.

"Ok but seriously darling what happened?" Trev asked me and I just smiled sadly.

"We broke up and hopefully I wont be seeing the likes of him anytime soon," I commented bitterly wishing that was true.

"So it was a nasty break up," Tina said happy to get the scoop and we all laughed.

We were all busy eating and talking that I almost didn't notice when my phone buzzed. I looked down expcting it to being Eric annoying me again but it was actually an urgent text from Lavender.

think i found something, meet me back in Linea Acardi

I quickly turned off my phone and got up.

"I need to get back, I have to be heading home soon," I said as I threw away my trash. The three designers looked up at me from lauging at a conversation and nodded their heads.

"See you tomorrow hun, call me if you want me to drop off some Ben & Jerry's by your place later," Tina said waving at me and I waved. I headed out of the café and back to Linea Acardi. I wish choosing ice cream flavors could be the only thing I had to worry about...

AND OMG CAN I JUST FANGIRL RIGHT NOW BECAUSE JUST CHEERLEADERS IS #1 IN MYSTERY/THRILLERS ON WATTPAD??! THIS IS PRETTY FREAKING AMAZING... OK IM DONE, I JUST WANTED TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR MAKING THAT POSSIBLE OK LOVES YA BYE

~Lorna~