Chapter 25

"I'm begining to hate small devices in ziploc bags," I sighed as rubbed my temple frustrated. As soon as we could leave, Eric and I headed to my house to try to open the USB and identify its contents. Much to our disapointment the USB was password protected and both Eric and I have spent the entire night (or what's left of it) attempting to crack the code.

"This is useless you know? If neither Brooke nor Amber could do it, what chance do we have?" I muttered annoyed.

"Don't be such a pessimist. Let's try for another hour and if we can't crack it I can call a friend of mine who can work miracles on codes and passwords," he smiled. I glared at him and my eye began to twitch. I took a deep breath trying not to slap the boy across the face.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR HOURS NOW AND ALL ALONG YOU HAD SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP US???" I screamed waving my hands about in exasperation.

"Sorry?" he said taking a few steps back. I sighed and slumped into my seat completely done with life.

"So should I call her or...?" Eric trailed off.

"What do you think?" I said shooting him a glare.

"I'll get my phone," he replied scurrying off.

"Ok she said she'll be here soon," Eric said coming back into the room after getting off the phone.

"Good, wait did you say she? Your friend is a girl?" I asked swiveling around in my shirt to face him.

"Uh yeah, is that a problem?" Eric asked raising an eyebrow at me questioningly.

"Huh? No, no problem. Just surprised that's all," I shrugged my shoulders but I don't know if he bought that.

"Ok then, I'll let you know when she gets here," Eric informed me heading out of the room once again. I sighed as soon as she left. I have no idea whats up with my emotions today or why I care so much that Eric has other friends that are girls that I didn't know about. I shouldn't care. Right?

"Charlee my friend is here!" I heard Eric announce from down stairs. I took a deep breath and got up from chair. As I headed downstairs I heard giggles and laughter from a girl. They were light and girly. I cautiously approached them and took the girl in.

She was quite tall and slim with a shade of brownish redish hair, auburn almost. She had the curly hair messily tied up and was wearing a pair of glasses. She gave off an impression of a somewhat techy person but still remaining quite pretty. It was intimidating.

"Hello my name is Helena," she said in a cute British accent when she noticed me. Great she had an accent too, already much cuter than me. Fantastic... She stretched her hand out for me to shake which I did, cautiously of course.

"Hi, I'm Charlee," I told her trying to smile.

"That's an interesting name," she commented smiling at Eric who smiled back.

"Yeah Charlee is my partner," Eric told her and I almost felt like adding the fact that I'm also something else to him. You know, like his girlfriend???

"So you're Ricky's new partner!" she laughed pinching Eric's cheeks fondly and I scoffed at the nickname she gave him. They shared a few inside jokes and I swear to god she kept touching his shoulder and laughing everytime he said something. I awkwardly cleared my throat causing them to look up at me.

"Should we get to work? I'm kind of on a tight schedule," I said clenching my teeth.

"Yeah sure! Lead the way Cherise!" Helena smiled and I almost felt my eye twitch a little.