※35※

Morning

"Bhabi, let me do the omelet."
Reeha said to Myra.

"It's ok. I'll do this. You go and place the dishes on the table."

It was Saturday. You guys must be wondering where the helpers are. Well on the weekends the helpers get the day off so the members of the house do their work themselves. So, now, Mrs. Malik, Myra & Reeha were in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Bhabi, You never let me prepare anything. Don't be so sweet. "

"Reeha is saying right. Why don't you let her prepare anything, Myra?"
Mrs. Malik said to Myra. She has become a bit civil with Reeha. And then turning towards Reeha continued,
"I have never seen you cooking something other than tea. Do you even know cooking?"

"Of course! I can cook noodles, tea, coffee."

"And?"

"I can also boil water."

"That's not cooking."

"Umm… yes! Once I cooked biryani (a mixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent.) Allah! It was so tasty that everyone was licking their fingers."

"Really? It must be delicious. I would love to taste it someday."
Myra said.

"Sure. Sure. I'll prepare it. Just..."

"Just..."
Mrs. Malik urged her to continue.

"Well... our house was renovated the next day."

"Renovated? Why?"
Being confused, Mrs. Malik asked.

"The kitchen was burnt that's why."
Reeha replied as if it was a normal thing to burn the kitchen while cooking.

'I had a feeling!'
Mrs. Malik murmured then instructed loudly,
"Stop chatting and go set the table."

Nodding Reeha went to set the table.

☆☆☆☆☆

While setting the table, she bumped into Zafar.

"Good Morning."
Zafar wished her.

After coming from abroad, Zafar is staying with them. From Ayyan, Reeha got to know that Zafar is also a doctor like Ayana. Here, Zafar opened an orphanage. The same one where Ayana frequently used to visit. The orphanage is the place where they first met and then gradually fell in love. During Ayana's incident, Zafar was staying abroad regarding some work, which is why Reeha didn't see him in court. From what she gathered, it seems that Zafar is a caring, helpful & sensible person.

But Reeha still doesn't get good vibes from him. It's not that he said or did anything weird, rather he always behaves politely with all. But still, Reeha can't seem to erase this uneasy feeling whenever he is around.

At first, she thought to share this with Myra but then thought otherwise. 'When she herself doesn't know the reason behind her baseless thoughts then what can she say to Myra? Moreover, Zafar is the would-be son-in-law of the house. Of course, no one will like to hear any stupid assumptions against him. So it's better to behave normally.'
Reeha thought.

"Morning."
Reeha greeted back. Noticing him dressed up she added,
"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes. Some emergency came to the orphanage. I am heading there. I won't be having breakfast. Please inform aunty."
Saying Zafar went away.

"Reeha!"

"Yes, mom."

"Give this to Zafar. I have packed his breakfast. Go quickly before he leaves."
Mrs. Malik said giving a box to Reeha.