※50※

It's been three days since Reeha was discharged. Mrs. Malik regularly called her to know about her health. Even Myra called her to ask about her well-being. But the person whose call she was waiting for never came. Not even once he called or messaged her. 

Reeha was in her room with her phone in hand when Mrs. Ahmed came inside her room.

"Reeha! Your mother-in-law came to meet you! Come down. She is waiting."
Informing, Mr. Malik went away.

Freshening up, Reeha went downstairs. 

Seeing Reeha, Mrs. Malik hugged her and then made her sit beside her. Ayyan, whom she didn't expect to see here, was sitting on the opposite side.

"How are you now?"
Mrs. Malik asked.

"I'm fine."
Reeha replied quietly.

She could feel his heated gaze wandering over her face. Although his gaze was confusing and affecting her, she didn't let it show on her face. She didn't even look at him. 

Reeha continued to avoid his gaze, focusing on Mrs. Malik.

After some chit chat more like after chit chat between Mrs. Malik and Mrs. Ahmed, Mrs. Malik was about to go when Mrs. Ahmed said,
"Have lunch with us. You have come to our house for the first time."

"Next time, in sha Allah. Don't worry from now on I'll keep coming to see my daughter-in-law that you'll be fed up with me."
Mrs. Malik said, chuckling.

Then Mrs. Malik hugged Reeha and whispered,
"I know you are angry at Ayyan and I completely support you. But I'll be lying if I say I don't want to take you with me. I won't force you. Come back when you feel like coming. Just know that your house and your family are waiting for you."

Then patting her head affectionately, Mrs. Malik left the house followed by Ayyan.

Mrs. Ahmed went outside with them to see them off.

When Ayyan was about to enter the car Mrs. Malik said,
"Oh ho! I became so forgetful! I left the phone on the table."

"I'll bring it."
Shaina Begum was about to go inside to bring the phone when Ayyan stopped her.

"Mumma! I'll bring it. You stay here."

Ayyan wanted to talk with Reeha. Even if it was for one second. Without waiting for anyone's reply he went inside the house.

☆☆☆☆☆

Grabbing Mrs. Malik's phone from the table, Reeha was about to go outside when Ayyan came in front of her.

"Um… phone… mom's phone…"
Ayyan stammered not knowing how to start the conversation.

Without looking at him, Reeha forwarded her hand to give back the mobile. Instead of taking it back, Ayyan grabbed her hand making her look up at him for a mere second.

"Leave my hand."
Without looking at him, she said.

"How are you?"

"I have already answered it."
Reeha tried to free her hand.

"I want to hear the truth or I won't leave your hand."
Ayyan tightened his hold on her hand.

"I'm not fine. Happy? Now leave my hand!"

"I'm sorry, Reeha."
At last, he said it. He was finding a perfect opportunity to be alone with her. So that he can apologize.

Reeha stopped struggling to free her hand and lookup. Hurt evident in her baby blue eyes.