※58※

Do read the previous chapter ( if you didn't)  before proceeding to read this chapter.

2 Years Later

"How many times is this?"
The commissioner asked Ravi, who was standing in front of the commissioner and two other senior officers. He was here for his disciplinary hearing because of losing his temper and beating a criminal at the crime scene.

"Pardon?"
Ravi asked, not understanding the question.

"Your disciplinary hearing."

"It's the four-"
Ravi was cut off by the commissioner.

"Including the undisclosed hearings."

"Then it's the eighth."
Thinking for a while Ravi answered with a smile. As if he was proud of beating those criminals going against the law.

"He's a cop as a hobby right?"
Sarcastically the commissioner asked the other officers.

"No, sir. I believe I was meant to be a police-"
Ravi answered without getting sarcasm.

"You believe that but you beat up 8 people?"

"Two was for hurting the image of poli-"

"You idiot! Don't you know the media is dying to eat you... us alive? You might be acting out as a brat because of your promotion but it won't continue for long. You get that?!"

"I'm sorry."
Ravi apologized although he was not at all sorry.

After a little warning, he was dismissed.

Getting out of the office Ravi saw Saim waiting for him outside.

"What did they say?"
Saim asked the moment Ravi got out of the office.

"As usual. They warned me and then dismissed me."
Ravi said carelessly.

"Sir, why do you beat people at random? You shouldn't be so careless. What if you are actually fired one day?"
Saim tried to make him understand.

"Nah! They won't fire me. After all, they need me to solve the cases."
Ravi said smugly and then added,
"Moreover, it's not my fault that I lose my temper when I see scum bags."

Just then a clearing of the throat was heard.

Looking back Ravi saw Urwa standing there with hands folded glaring at him. Saim left the place giving them some time.

Gulping he went towards her and said nervously,
"Babe, when did you come?"

"When you are busy praising yourself."
Urwa said sarcastically.

"Urwa actually I... wait a minute who told you about the disciplinary meeting?"
Ravi asked but then he himself answered it.

"That Saim! I won't leave him!"
Ravi said, gritting his teeth.

"Don't you dare say something to him! He cares about you, that's why he told me. And even if he didn't tell me I would have known. Don't forget my dad is the commissioner, who was in the meeting."

"Of course how can I forget him? He's the reason behind my state."
Ravi murmured.

The commissioner was Ravi's mentor who adored him as his son. One day due to a case, Ravi visited the commissioner's house where he first met Urwa. Instantly both liked each other.

After a few meetings, Ravi proposed to her not wanting to delay. At first, the commissioner was against them. Being a police officer, the commissioner, knew how tiring, busy, and dangerous their work is. As a result, he didn't want his only daughter to marry a policeman but fate had other plans.