※27※

It's been two days since Rayyan did the press conference. Clearly telling the press that whatever they published was utterly bullshit, stating... more like warning... them to leave the topic. Even sued the editor for defamation.

Although things are quite cool... at least on the outside... but on social media's people are going crazy saying how the news is true. They literally banished Reeha... saying awful things, calling her names... apparently for breaking the happy family of Rayyan.

They couldn't say anything about the Malik's as they know well if they do Malik's won't spare them so they went for the easy prey... Ahmed's. Ahmed's don't have any fame nor any strong connections like Malik's so they became the target of the mean posts and comments.

All this was hugely affecting Reeha. The lively girl almost forgets to smile. She would most of the time lock herself in her room. While her family can't help but watch her in distress. Initially, Fawad take legal actions against them and to an extent it was effective but people are now going crazy saying more heinous things. Mr. Ahmed and Fawad are trying in their own ways to protect Reeha. They even forbade Reeha to go online.

☆☆☆☆☆

After the conference, Malik's and Ahmed's didn't talk among themselves. They didn't need to. But Malik family was keeping records of them... About How they were handling the situation and all. They can't just ignore that all this chaos was directly or indirectly happening due to them. Mr. Malik and Rayyan was ashamed to face Ahmed's. Mainly Rayyan. After all, he was the one who dragged them in the case from the start. He didn't want them to suffer more.

When Mr. Ahmed called Mr. Malik regarding the rumors, Mr. Malik assured him that by any means he'll solve the matter... The Ahmed's won't be dragged more in it... But now everything was messed up. Though the matter was partially solved for Malik's but Reeha is getting drag into this in a nasty manner. Although Rawa Ahmed didn't call Mr. Malik after that day but Mr. Malik wanted to do something for them... to help them. On the other hand, Ayyan asked for some time from his dad and brother to think... think of the ways to solve the problem... to stop the rumors.

☆☆☆☆☆

Ayyan was in his room pacing around... thinking when Ravi called him.

"Hey, mate!"

"Ravi! Is everything alright? Did you find any clue regarding the case?" Ayyan asked thinking about Ayana's case.

"No. We are still investigating. I just called to know how you guys were doing, you know, about the news and all."

"Don't tell me you also believe that bullshit like others?"

"Of course not."

"Good to know."

"Btw, Ayyan, what do you think of doing now?"

"I don't know what to do. I thought the press conference would make things cool but people are reacting more aggressively." Ayyan said helplessly.
"I don't even know who did this. Who's the main mastermind behind these fake rumors?"

"Don't tell me you don't know why this type of rumor was spread."

"What do you mean?"

"It's clearly a threat."

"A threat?"

"Yes. A threat to let you guys know that the more you dig Ayana's case the more your family and the person's around you will get hurt."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Come on mate. Don't you find it weird suddenly the news just pops out of nowhere? And the pictures that were in the newspaper. It clearly shows that someone was stalking you guys even before Ayana's incident. They were planning it from the start."

Now all this was making sense. Suddenly these ridiculous rumors, the kidnapping, the fabricated footage... someone was keeping a tab on them. How can he be so stupid? How could he not notice it?

"Thanks, Ravi. I'm glad that you called and opened my eyes. Now I know what to do. I'll call you later. Thanks again, mate. Bye"

"But what are you goi-"
Without listening to Ravi Ayyan cut the call. He won't let the culprit win against them. He'll make sure to drag whoever did this and Ayana's incident behind the bars. He will have to. Promising himself he went to his father.

☆☆☆☆☆

In the study room, Mr. Malik and his sons were discussing the matter. Ayyan proposed his idea... more like told them his decision but it was a big step. They were doubtful about the idea.

"Are you sure about it, Ayyan?"
Rayyan asked his brother unconvincedly.
"It's a big step. There must be another way out."

"I know,bhai. I'm sure and I don't think that there's any other way out of this mess."

"I don't want you to do this just to solve the matter or because of any guilt. The idea you are suggesting will not only change your life but it will also affect their family. It's a big responsibility. Will you be able to take it?"
Mr. Malik didn't want Ayyan to take the most important decision of his life under some pressure. He did want justice for his daughter but not by spoiling his son's life.

"No, dad. I know what I'm doing and I want to do this. And about responsibility... I will try my best."

"Are you really sure about this?"
One final time Mr. Malik asked his son.

"I am sure. And don't worry I won't regret it." Ayyan firmly said.

Nodding at his reply, Mr. Malik said,
"Fine then. I'm calling Mr. Ahmed. We'll go to their house to discuss the things. Rayyan, I think it's better to take Myra with us."

"Ok. I'll tell her."

☆☆☆☆☆

In the evening, they went to Ahmed's house. Although Mr. Ahmed was confused about the sudden arrival of Malik's but nevertheless agreed. Fawad was out... desperately searching for a way out of the scandal... which is why he didn't know about the arrival of Malik's.

Reeha was in her room. She didn't want to face anyone. In fact after the scandal she most of the time prefers to stay inside her room looking outside... Not talking with anyone... Just by herself.

Mr. And Mrs. Ahmed made Malik's sit in the living room. Both were eager and confused at the same time about their sudden arrival with almost the whole family.

Seeing them confused Mr. Malik said,
"I know you are confused about seeing us here like this. And it's normal."

"Yes. I thought you wanted to discuss the recent situation and about how those ridiculous comments." Rawa Ahmed spoke his mind.

"You guessed it right. Actually, my son, Ayyan thought of a solution to get rid of these rumors without making the situation exacerbate."
Mr. Malik explained the reason for their arrival and then looked at Ayyan to continue. Mr. and Mrs. Ahmed looked at him expectedly when Ayyan spoke.

"Uncle, Aunty... With your permissions... and of course with Reeha's consent... I would like to marry your daughter."

☆☆☆☆☆

Hi and Assalamualikum guys! Hope you all are doing well.

How was the chapter?

How do you think Reeha will react to hearing this?

Share your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to press the 🌟 button.
Thank you for reading. ♥♥