※26※

The Next Day

Today Ayyan was late. Last night, he forgot to set the alarm and by the time Myra came to wake him up, he was too late. Without eating breakfast, he hurriedly went into his office. Today he is supposed to cover a story and made a live report on it but he's late.

While going inside the office he could feel his subordinates strangely looking at him. But why? He doesn't know nor does he have any time to think about it. The only thing he is concerned about is his report.

Ignoring the looks, he entered his cabin and called Siya, his assistant, to come in his cabin.

"Sir, may I come in?"

"Yes. Inform all the members to be ready. We need to cover the news live. Within 10 minutes we'll be leaving."

"Ok, Sir."

"You may go now."
Sensing Siya still standing there, Ayyan looked at her.
"Do you have anything to say?"

"Sir, you didn't see today's news?" Siya asked him nervously.

"No. I woke up late. Why? What happened?"

"I think you should read this."
Saying Siya passed him an article.

Reading it made his blood boil in wrath.
"WHO THE HELL WROTE THIS TYPE OF CRAP?"

☆☆☆☆☆

"Assalamualikum! Good morning, Papa."
Fawad greeted his father coming out from his room.

"Walaikumussalam! Good morning! When did you wake up?"

"Just now. What's happening?"
Fawad asked confusingly hearing noises coming from the kitchen along with his mother's yelling.

"Your Mumma took Reeha in the kitchen. Apparently teaching her basic cooking and stuff." Mr. Ahmed explained.
Just then Reeha along with Mrs. Ahmed came with breakfast.

"What did my daughter cooked?" Mr. Ahmed asked his daughter lovingly.

"What cooking? Does she even know the meaning of cooking? All the time she was sleeping in the kitchen. Thanks to Allah that my kitchen is still alive." Shaina Begum complained.

"It's because you woke me up so early." Reeha tried to defend herself. But it was a poor attempt.

"9 am is early? Reeha, what will you do in your in-law's house if you don't give up your laziness?"

"Nothing, Mumma. She will be outcasted from their house. Simple. And then will come here crying like a crazy woman." Fawad teased her while eating.

Reeha who was scoffing, hearing her brother became angry.

"Mumma, why won't you say anything to bhaiya? He also gets up late in the morning."

"Because, my dear sister, unlike you, I stay up at night because of my work."

"I also work at night."

"Really? I didn't know that people work at night by watching movies."

"Don't you know the basic definition of work? Doing anything and I repeat anything is called work. So watching movies is also a form of work. How did you pass in school if you don't even know the definition of work?"

"That-"
Fawad was about to reply when Mr. Ahmed cut him off.

"Enough, Fawad. Stop teasing, my daughter. And Shania give her a break. It's not like she's getting married now. When she will get married then-" seeing Mrs. Ahmed glaring at him he quickly added, "she'll be able to do these stuff like a pro. After all her mother is a pro."