※51※

The Next Day

It was evening. Mr. & Mrs. Ahmed went out to have some fresh air. Fawad was in his room playing PlayStation. God knows for how many hours he is playing it. He was obsessed with that thing.

Reeha was sitting in the middle of the bed. A book was in front of her. She was so into the mystery book. On one hand, she was holding the box of Domino's pizza and through her other hand, she was eating it. 

If it was the previous Reeha then she would be watching movies instead of reading a book. But now her preferences have changed. Ayyan rubbed some of his habits on her. Like this. The habit of reading books.

Karen crept into the kitchen. It was empty…yet her heart wouldn’t settle. Something wasn’t right here.

She could feel eyes on her.

'Weapon!'

 Her mind screamed. 

'I need a weapon!'

She darted toward the wide, granite-countered island. Like always, Mom had left her chopping knife out. Karen slid her fingers around the rubber grip, appalled by how much her hands shook.

That was when she saw a shape in the window over the sink. A reflection.

She whipped around, a cry breaking from her lips.

But nothing. No one. Her pulse roared, and confusion flashed through her. She threw a glance back to the window and realized the reflection was just herself.

Her breath whooshed out. 

"Idiot," she scoffed. 

"You are one big flippin' baby, kar-"

Fingers closed around her ankle.

Karen screa…

Suddenly a pair of hands were placed on Reeha's shoulder.

She couldn't help but scream.
"Ahhhhhhhhh."

"Ahhhhhhhhh."
Ayyan also screamed.

"Why are you screaming?"
Placing a hand above her heart, Reeha asked being annoyed.

"Because you screamed!"
Saying Ayyan sat down beside her on the bed. Ayyan again sneaked into her room through the window much to Reeha's annoyance.

"Whatcha reading?"
Ayyan asked, gazing at the book. He was in his office attire. Seems like he directly came from the office.

"None of your business."
Rudely Reeha replied. And then resumed reading the book.

A few minutes later.

Ayyan poked her. At first, she thought to ignore him but then because of his continuous poking she almost snapped at him.

"WHAT?"

"I'm hungry."
Ayyan replied, pouting like a child.

"So… go to the house. I'm sure mom has prepared snacks for you."

"I want to have that."
Eyeing the pizza Ayyan said.

"It's mine! Go and buy for yourself."
Narrowing her eyes, she said.

Allah why was she even talking with this stupid man!

"Come on, Reeha! Don't be so stingy. There is enough food for 3 people."