※56※

A longggg chapter ahead. Hope you will enjoy it. :)

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."
Ayana said, raising her hand once she entered the witness box.

Ayyan at first rejected Ravi's suggestion when he told Ayana to come to the court. Although Ayana gained her sense, she was not in a state to go to the court to give any statement. She was too weak to stand or even talk. But she was stubborn. The moment she got to know about Ravi's suggestion she insisted on coming to the court. So now here she was in front of the witness sitting on the wheelchair looking pale yet stern.

Zafar was looking at her with an unreadable expression. It was difficult to say whether he was furious, happy or anxious to see her.

"Please state your name."
The judge stated.

"Ayana. Ayana Malik."
Ayana answered slowly.

"Could you please tell us what happened that night? The night you were drugged?"
The judge asked.

Looking straight at Zafar, Ayana started.
"It all started from 9 months ago...

Flashback Starts (2 weeks before the incident)

Zafar was sitting in a café waiting for Ayana. They were supposed to meet today in their usual spot.

A few minutes later a tired Ayana entered the café and went straight towards Zafar.

Standing up Zafar pulled out the chair for her. Ayana thanked him before sitting down.

"Here, your favorite cappuccino."
Zafar said before forwarding the cup.

"Thanks. Why did you want to meet me?"
Ayana asked while sipping her coffee.

"Just wanted to see you. Why? Can't I meet my fiancé without any reason?"

"It's not like that, Zafar. You know I don't like meeting so frequently before marriage. Moreover, if we meet so frequently then you'll be bored of me even before we get married."
Ayana said. She wanted to keep the whole marriage halal as much as possible.

"I can never get bored of you. Never and ever. And I know you don't like to meet before marriage but I can't just stay without seeing your beautiful face."
Zafar said dramatically.

"Mister, the marriage is only a month away. So till then have some patience."
Ayana said with a smile.

"What to do, sweetheart? This impatient heart doesn't want to listen to me."

"You are so dramatic."
Ayana laughed.

"I'm going to New York."
Zafar informed.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Just need to finish some unfinished business."

"Um... When's the flight?"

"Tomorrow. Early in the morning. This time it might take time to finish the business."

"What? And you are telling this now?"

"Sorry. I got to know about it today."

"It's okay. At least we can spend the day together. I don't have any appointments today. So I'm free. What about you?"

"I'm always free for you."

"Cheesy!"

"Let's go to the park. It's been so long since we went there."
Zafar suggested.