※14※

"H-He-Help me."
These were the last words he heard from her before she fainted in front of him. He immediately went in the car to fetch the water bottle. And then taking the bottle again went towards her. He started sprinkling water on her face and patting lightly to make her come in sense.

"Miss. Miss, are you okay?"

Suddenly he sensed someone behind him. Before he could turn someone hit his head. While closing his eyes he saw a glimpse of a man wearing a black coat and covering his face with a black mask.

☆☆☆☆☆

Reeha kept her head down, focused not losing her way. After the fight with Ayyan, she went in the opposite direction which leads to the deep forest. She is roaming in the dark forest for the last 15 minutes. She was now getting worried about the time passing by. Just as she thought there's no way to get out she found it. The way out of the forest. She felt a sudden rush of relief.

She was near the boundary when she slowed her pace. Then stopped altogether. She wasn't sure what made her stop. The line of trees in front of her stood shadowy still. Nothing moved. An uneasy feeling crept up Reeha's shoulder and neck. Even the birds suddenly seemed hushed. Feeling a little foolish she inclined towards her shoulder.

☆☆☆☆☆

Ayyan obsessively rewatched the footage of that day. He played and replayed the tape constantly analyzing every frame. After the heated argument with Reeha, he felt a sudden rush of irritation and something else. Shame almost. Was he being too mean? What if she was right? All these thoughts were roaming on his head. He felt exhausted. His eyes were gritty when he closed them. Suddenly something flashed in his mind. He quickly rewind the footage. He tried to organize the timeline in his head. And Bingo. That's it. He found it. He needed to find Reeha and made her watch this. Without wasting any time he went into the forest in search of Reeha.

☆☆☆☆☆

She inclined towards her shoulder sensing a presence behind her. She almost started to run. She could feel her heart slow down and then begin to beat faster. A sudden atavistic fear flooded in her body. 'What if it's a wild animal? What if it is a serial killer or worse the culprit?' She thought.

She felt a hand touching her shoulder. And that's it. Closing her eyes she started to scream like a madwoman and started scratching the person with closed eyes.
"Ow. Oww. Stop. It's me. REEHA, it's me Ayyan." Hearing his voice she stopped and slowly opened her eyes to see him standing in front of her scratches all over his face. She gasped.
"A-are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay? What are you a girl or a wild cat?" He snapped at her.

"You can't blame me. I thought you were some serial killer. Why are you following me?"

"I wasn't following you. I came just now."

"But someone was follo-"
Cutting her, he said,
"Let's go. You need to see this."

"What?"

"Let's go. Quick."
And then they started to walk away.

He came out from behind the tree. If the boy didn't come then he would have taught the girl a lesson for poking her nose in his business.

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment.♥♥