※48※

The room was empty, shadowy, and silent. Reeha was lying in a corner. Hands tied with the rope. She was alone. Her heart was pounding like a trip-hammer.

Fear seemed to rise behind her eyes.

Although Zafar wasn't present there it was as if his menacing aura was holding her in a tightening grip.

Amidst the darkness, she can't help but curse herself. How can she be so gullible? It was all a trap. Trap for her. How can she didn't believe that she wasn't the one who followed Zafar! Rather he made her follow him.

She squirmed. Wanting to get rid of the rope. After wiggling for a few minutes when it didn't loosen she gave up.

Hot wet fluid started dribbling down from her baby blue eyes.

Zafar's confessions replayed in her mind.

"I knew her from my college days. After all, we went to the same college. I fell for her simplicity, her radiating smile, her helpful nature, her passion to become a doctor. But she never noticed me. So I promised myself I'll make her notice me.

She wanted to become a child specialist. I also studied hard day and night to become a child specialist. 

Even after working in the same hospital with her she never talked with me. Not even when I approached her. To make her notice me I even opened an orphanage for those losers. At last, she noticed me. I was delighted. It seems like my purpose of living was fulfilled.

She was like the bright light in my life. She brought success to my life. The orphanage which I opened for those losers… which was the reason for her liking me… that orphanage became a lottery for me. Those orphans had no one… no one to claim them as theirs… No one to protect them. Their life was useless. But those delicate organs on their body… they were too precious for me to ignore. So I used them to make money."
His eyes sparkle with delight while narrating.

"Everything was going smoothly. I was earning a ton of money. And I was engaged with the love of my life and was going to marry her in the upcoming month. Everything was perfectly planned. Until…

Until she got to know about organ selling and drugs.

You know what pained me the most was that our story started because of that orphanage and also ended because of it."
He said, his eyes saddening as they look back through time.

"I tried to make her understand that whatever I'm doing is for our secured future. But she was stubborn. She was going to report me to the police. I had no other option but to drug her.

I planned to take her with me to the U.S. without anyone's knowledge. There I'll lead a peaceful life. Just me and my Ayana. But that brother came in the scene and ruined everything."

Reeha still can't believe how can one become a beast just for money?

What if that beast kills her? 

No. She can't lose to that beast. She still has a lot to do. She will make that beast pay… Pay for playing with everyone's trust… for ruining those little innocent lives.

Her eyes fell on her phone. It was under the cupboard. Seems like someone was calling her.

'Somehow she needs to get hold of the phone.'
Reeha thought.

With a newfound determination, she again started squirming. Because of continuous wiggling and squirming the rope started to loosen. 

Reeha can feel that it will come out after wiggling a bit.