※20※

"I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. How can a murder happen in the police department? And you people are still clueless about who did it." Rayyan blamed Ravi.

"Look you can't blame it on us. I mean I admit it was our fault but who knew the delivery man would poison the food and get vanished. We are still searching for him." Ravi tried reasoning.

"I don't think that bhai is saying something wrong. The person whoever did this either must be stupid enough to make our suspicions stronger or-" Ayyan calmly said.

"-Or they are a step ahead of us." Ravi completed his sentence.

Controlling his anger, Rayyan asked,
"What about the paper? What did he write in it?"

"It was an address. An address of a locker to be precise. I'm going there after lunch. I guess this place will tell us the reason for his murder. You guys wanna come?"

"Of course. Don't trust you with the bad guys." Rayyan spoke almost immediately.

☆☆☆☆☆

"Are you sure it was this locker?" Ayyan asked while searching. They were searching for the locker which was in the paper given by Kaiser to Ravi. But except for some dairy, there was nothing special.

"Did he lie or what?" Rayyan expressed his thoughts.

"No. A dying man never lies. What's this?" Ravi asked, seeing another locker inside the main one. It was so small that one wouldn't notice it normally. Opening that mini locker they found a pen drive.
"A pen drive?" Rayyan whispered to himself.

"This might have some solid proof." Ayyan hoped.

"Let's see it after going to the station," Ravi suggested.

☆☆☆☆☆

"Ya Allah! How many times do I need to say I know Inspector Ravi. Just let me go in." Reeha said.

"No, Ma'am. You can't just go like that." An office opposed her.

"Fine. At least inform him about me." Reeha was tired of making them understand the importance to see him.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am but-"

"What's the commotion about?" Ravi asked entering the station. Rayyan and Ayyan trailing behind him. Looking at Reeha he said,
"Ms. Ahmed? You? Here?"

"You lied." Reeha accused him.

"What are you talking about?" Ravi asked, being baffled.

"You said that fabricated footage will be enough to let my brother go. But the lawyer said it will maximum make the case lengthier. You lied."

"Let's go to my cabin."
They all entered his room.
"I'm sorry. I thought it must be enough."

"Now what will I do? Tomorrow is the final hearing." Reeha informed her voice cracking.

"Relax. Drink this water. We might have found a new clue."

"What clue?"

"Instead of wasting time elaborating her why don't we just watch it."
Ayyan said, being annoyed. Wherever he goes this girl pops out of nowhere and makes things complicate or create chaos.

"Let's just see what is there," Rayyan said this time.

Nodding Ravi connected the pen drive to the computer. A hazy video started.

Fawad taking the water bottle went towards Ayana who was laying in the middle of the road. He started sprinkling water on her face slightly patting her face. It seems like she was gaining her sense.

"Are you okay?"

"W-water," Ayana said hoarsely.

Bending towards her Fawad was helping her to drink water when someone from behind hit his head with a bamboo. The guy was wearing a black coat and covering his face with a black mask. But a tattoo of a spider was seen on the neck. Because of hitting Fawad lost consciousness. Whereas Ayana looked at him with wide eyes.

"P-please leave m-me." She begged weakly. But the guy shook his head as a form of 'no' and then injected something inside her body making her faint again. And then took her inside the forest. A few minutes later injected something on Fawad's body and … …

The video ended. It seems like someone saw him as a result he stopped filming.

All were silent for a couple of minutes not knowing what to say. Tears of relief and happiness were flowing from Reeha's eyes. It will make her brother released.

Seeing her sister begging and then being dragged Ayyan's eyes were bloodshot red. He wanted to kill that person for causing his sister pain. Tears of grief glistening in his eyes.

And Rayyan... he can't even describe his feelings... guilt ...for not being there to save his sister... self-accusation... for blaming the person who tried to help his sister... enraged... at that bastard who mercilessly dragged his sister.

After a while, Ravi said breaking there traces
"I'll hand it over to the prosecutor. It'll prove Fawad's innocence and the case will be reopened with a new light."

Ayyan and Rayyan nodded not being able to say anything.

"Wait." Reeha stopped Ravi.

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment.❤❤