※24※

Hospital

Rayyan was much better than yesterday. Fortunately, not much blood was lost. He was shifted in the cabin. Myra was with him in the cabin. Last night, after much pleading, Mr. and Mrs. Malik were sent back home along with Myra. Because of pregnancy, Myra couldn't argue with Ayyan on staying the night and at last, was sent home. In all this, Ayyan was the one who didn't rest even for a bit. He continuously stayed with his brother be it day or night. He was worn out. Although Myra told him to go home, he didn't want to leave the hospital. Not before Rayyan gain his conscious.

☆☆☆☆☆

Because of medicine, Rayyan was asleep. The doctor said the dose will wear out in a few hours. Myra was sitting beside Rayyan. Ayyan was outside talking with the doctor. Maybe the dose of the medicines was wearing off because after almost 24 hours Rayyan woke up. He looked at his wife whose eyes were misted over with tears.

Holding his hand, Myra asked softly,
"You need anything?"

Shaking his head, Rayyan replied in a weak voice.
"Fine." And then wiping her tears he ensured. "I am really fine."

"I thought you will leave us," Myra said in a cracking voice.

"How can I leave you alone with our princess? I will have to spoil her remember? Myra, love, stop crying. Look I'm fine. And I am not going to leave you."

Just then Ayyan entered the cabin.
"Well! Sleeping Beauty's awake. You look terrible." Ayyan teased. Rayyan frowned at him but said nothing. Going towards him, Ayyan added.
"I'm glad that you are alive."

"Of course I have to be alive. Can't die without catching that piece of shit!"

"Rayyan! Language. And stop talking about dying."

"As you say, my love." Kissing the back of her hand, Rayyan said warmly.

"Eww. Stop it. I'm still standing here."

"Why are you here? Go and get married. Shoo"

"I'm happy being single," Ayyan said grimly.

Rayyan was about to tease him more when a knock came. On the doorstep, there was Reeha with her parents. All greeted them saying 'Salam.' Ayyan left the room as a nurse came to call him to sign some papers.

Stepping forward Mr. Ahmed thanked Rayyan.
"I don't know how to thank you. Thank you so much for saving my daughter."

"Don't say that. In fact, I apologize for my harsh behavior in the past. If possible then forgive me and my family." Rayyan apologized.

"If it was in the past, I would not have forgiven you but after what you and your brother did for my daughter... I can't help but forgive you. I really am thankful to you."

"How are you feeling now?" Seeing the atmosphere a little awkward Mrs. Ahmed asked Rayyan.

"Much better, Alhamdullillah," Rayyan replied with a small smile and added,
"You didn't have to come here. You must spend the time with your son."

"It's okay. We wanted to come in person to thank you." Mrs. Ahmed replied and then asked,
"When will he be discharged?"
The question was directed towards Myra.

"Doctor said to keep him under observation for 2 days. So, In sha Allah, he might be discharged in 3 days."

Nodding Mr. Ahmed said,
"Hope you will get well soon."

"Thank you for coming," Myra said.

Reeha went towards Rayyan and handed him a bouquet of carnations with a small note saying 'Get well soon.'

"Thank you." Rayyan thanked her.

"No. I should be saying that. I didn't expect you to save my life. So thank you so much Rayyan ... ... bhai."

Rayyan who was looking at the bouquet looked up at her with an unreadable expression.

"I hope you don't mind me calling you that." Reeha quickly said thinking he might have not liked it.

Instantly Rayyan shooked his head.
"You can call me anything as you like."

Nodding Reeha left the room with her parents.

"You ok?" Myra asked keeping a hand on his shoulder.

"Hmm. She reminds me of Ayana. I hope Ayana become like before."

"In sha Allah. She will be. She will have to be." Side hugging him, Myra said.

"In sha Allah," Rayyan mumbled.

☆☆☆☆☆

While going out of Rayyan's cabin, Reeha saw Ayyan standing in the reception. Maybe signing some papers.

"Papa, Mumma, you guys go and wait inside the car I'm coming in a bit," Reeha informed her parents.

"But where-" Mr. Ahmed was interrupted by Reeha.

"I'll come back within a few minutes." Saying Reeha started to walk away whereas her parents started to make their way out of the hospital.

Signing the papers Ayyan turned around to see Reeha coming towards him.

"Hi!"

"Hey! Done meeting with Bhai?"

"Yeah. We were leaving when saw you here."

"Ohh"

"Ayyan," Ayyan looked at her, "Thanks for letting me accompany you in the investigation. Without you, I couldn't have saved my brother."

"You should thank yourself." Seeing her confused he added, "You didn't give me any chance. You literally threatened me, remember?" Ayyan said with a teasing smile.

"Haha. I guess you are right." Then smilingly added, "Ok then... Bye."

"Bye. And thanks for coming." Nodding Reeha left the place whereas Ayyan looked at her retiring figure.

☆☆☆☆☆

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make the next chapter a bit longer.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you. ♥♥