※15※

"Watch this."
Ayyan clicked the mouse and the video started playing.

"What to watch? I have already seen it. Why are you making me watch it again? Are you going to argue with me again? Look I don't have any energy or time to listen to you. I just want to go home."
Reeha replied tiredly.

"Stop nagging and listen to me. Fawad came to this place at 1:45 am. Then stopping the car went to the blind spot. Let's assume Ayana was laying there just the way your brother said." Then pausing the video he continued, "See this. At 1:50 am he went inside the car to fetch a water bottle and then again went in the blind spot. Here see."
He zoomed the area and further said,
"Though we can't see what's happening there as it's a blind spot but you see this shadow? It's Fawad's. So it means he's still there."

Looking at her, he continued,
"According to Fawad, someone came from behind and hit him on the head. But to hit him from behind they need to come from the backside direction. It means the CCTV would surely film it. But nothing such is seen."

"What are you trying to say?"
Reeha asked, being confused.

"Look. From 1:55-1:59 a.m. the video is still."

"How are you so sure? There's nobody in the picture."

"You see the shadow. Look carefully it's still."

Reeha zoomed the place and saw it was a still image. It was still for a few seconds without focusing on it one couldn't notice it. Getting the whole scenery, Reeha started saying,
"It means-"

They looked at each other and said at the same time,
"Some insider in trying to conceal the truth."

Reeha felt a sudden rush of anger.
"Let's go and report it. Then we can catch the culprit."

"Wait. It's not that easy."
Ayyan stopped her.

"What do you mean? We have proof. Then what are we waiting for?"

"Look, Reeha. I know you are angry but this is not enough to catch the culprit. We need more proof."

"Then what will we do? Watch things?"

"No. We need someone whom we can fully trust. Tomorrow I will talk about it with someone I know. Don't worry I will update you on the details. For now, let's go home."
Reeha nodded.

☆☆☆☆☆

Dropping her off Ayyan drove away. Walking back to her home Reeha saw both of her parents waiting for her outside the house. Mr. Ahmed was looking at her furiously. Mrs. Ahmed angrily started,
"Don't you have any sen-"

Without completing her, Reeha ran towards them and hugged them crying.
Happy tears. Mr. and Mrs. Ahmed both were scared seeing her crying.

"Reeha, my daughter, you are scaring us. What happened?" Mr. Ahmed asked softly.

"Papa, Mumma. Proof. At last, we got proof that bhaiya was telling the truth."

"What?"
Reeha told them everything. Hearing everything, although both the parents were angry with her for going there alone but was happy for their son.

At last, everything will be alright. Or at least that's what they thought.

☆☆☆☆☆

Ayyan was exhausted when he reached home. Mrs. Malik had phoned him to ask about his whereabouts but he successfully avoided saying it. Without confirming anything he didn't intend to disclose the matter. It was about 10 p.m. when he reached home. He was about to go to his room when Rayyan stopped him.

"Where were you?" Rayyan asked.

"Just somewhere,"
Ayyan replied blankly.

"What the hell happened to your face? Did you return after a wild makeout session?"
Rayyan was always the bold one in the family. He would say anything without any filter.

Hearing him, Ayyan got flushed.
"W-what? Stop saying r-rubbish things, Bhai. Astagfirullah!"

"Why are you stammering? Did you really..."
Rayyan intentionally hanged the sentence. There was a hint of teasing in his voice.

"Stop teasing the poor boy, Rayyan." Said Myra, Rayyan's wife, saved him from his brother's teasing. "Ayyan, go freshen up. I'll send dinner to your room."
Nodding at her, Ayyan went to his room.

After freshening up Ayyan saw Myra sitting on his bed with food.
"Bhabi(sister-in-law), you didn't have to wait for me. You go and sleep."

"It's ok."
Patting beside her she continued,
"Sit here. Let me apply medicine in the scratches."

Myra was like a second mother to Ayyan. He sat beside her. After applying the medicine, Myra couldn't help but ask,
"How did you actually get all these?"

He thought about the incident, how Reeha was looking like a scary cat. Then scratching his neck, he replied,
"Kitten. A scared kitten. It thought I would hurt her."

"Ooh" Though Myra didn't believe him but didn't push him further to say.

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment.♥♥