※46※

In The Afternoon

Fawad was watching Tv when the bell rang. Mr. and Mrs. Ahmed were in their room. Maybe taking a nap. Opening the door Fawad saw Reeha standing on the doorstep.

"What a pleasant surprise! I didn't know you were coming over. Mumma didn't say anything."
Opening the door wide, Fawad let Reeha enter.

"No one knew I was coming. Where's Mumma and Papa?"

"In their room. Did you come alone? Didn't Ayyan accompany you?"

Eyeing the suitcase, Fawad jokingly added,
"What's with this big suitcase? Don't tell me you are outcast from the house."

"Why? Am I not allowed to come here? Should I go back then?"
Rudely Reeha asked.

"Chill! Why are you getting so riled up? I was just joking."

"I would like to sleep for a while."
Ignoring him, Reeha went towards her room.

Closing the door of her room, she let the tears fall. 

She was emotionally drained.

'How… How can he say it? How can… he?! Stupid Ayyan! Stupid! Stupid! I hate you.'
She can't help but sob remembering Ayyan's words. 

☆☆☆☆☆

In the Evening

"Reeha!"

Reeha was looking outside through the window of her room when Shaina Begum knocked on her door before entering.

Sitting beside her on the bed, she asked softly,
"Your Papa and I are going to the rooftop with tea and snacks. Come with us."

"You guys go. I'm fine here."

"What happened, my daughter? You are confining yourself in the room from the moment you came. Is everything ok between you and Ayyan?"

Shaina Begum was getting worried seeing her daughter this quiet. It was evident she fought with Ayyan.

"Everything is fine. I was just missing you all."
Monotonously Reeha replied.

"By the way, it's good that you came. Yesterday I prepared kebab. I was thinking of sending some to your house. Ayyan liked my kebab last time."
Seeing Reeha avoiding the topic, Mrs. Ahmed said to divert her mind.

"Don't be good to him. He is … bad. He… he doesn't even think of me as his family. I'm just an outsider to him. He wants to get rid of me."
Sniffing Reeha complained.

"Did he tell you that himself?"
Mrs. Ahmed calmly asked her.

"No. But-but he didn't stop me from leaving. Moreover, he didn't even believe me."
Reeha continued to complain like a child.

"Reeha I won't ask you what happened. As it should be in between both of you. But, my daughter, don't get any type of misunderstanding to come in between. He may have his reasons for not stopping you. Before jumping to a conclusion, give him a chance to explain. Ok?"

"Are you his mother or mine? Why are you siding with him?"

"Sweetheart, I am not siding with anyone. I am just trying to make you understand. You can't always come here whenever you have any fight or make any mistakes. Don't think that I am telling you to go to your in-law's house. You can stay here as many days as you like but don't make it your escape place. Ok?"

Reeha nodded at her mother's words. 

"Now let's go on the roof. Your papa is waiting for us."

"Mumma, you go. I'm coming in a few minutes."